Player Discussion Kevin Fiala

Status
Not open for further replies.

MNRube

Oct 20, 2013
Or maybe they were never that good. Blaming others for your own actions is the sign of a child.
Coyle, Nino, Zucker are all wildly inconsistent. Each had the talent to be a consistent 50+ point player. None of them became that.

MN_Gopher

May 2, 2002
Mpls
Visit site
Coyle, Nino, Zucker are all wildly inconsistent. Each had the talent to be a consistent 50+ point player. None of them became that.

Their problem was they had Koivu, Pomms, Parise, Granlund, Staal 8 forwards are not all going to get PP time and top minutes. Asking a baseball player to hit.300 playing every other day doesnt work either.

Chemistry and routine make hockey IMO the hardest of all team sports to be consistent.

Bazeek

Registered Lurker
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2011
Exiled in Madison
Showing confidence in the kid is exactly what he should be doing in this situation. The pressure to prove he's worth the trade is already there.
From his post-game interview it does sound like he's taken Fenton's confidence in him to heart.

Wabit

May 23, 2016
Their problem was they had Koivu, Pomms, Parise, Granlund, Staal 8 forwards are not all going to get PP time and top minutes. Asking a baseball player to hit.300 playing every other day doesnt work either.

Chemistry and routine make hockey IMO the hardest of all team sports to be consistent.

Pommer got his 5v5 minutes cut the last couple of years he was here. He played the point on the PP his last year here due to lack of options and got less that 100 PP mins ToI.

Coyle got a lot of PP time over the years and had nothing to show for it: ~870 mins (career) and only 28p. Brodin has ~470 mins (career) as 23p on the PP as a comparison.

Zucker was the only one of '10 draft 1st rounders that didn't sniff the PP until last year.

Northerner

Feb 23, 2017
We need a legit 1C to go between Fiala and Kaprizov...and our first line is set for the next 5 years.

Now....where to get that stud of a center...

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN

Baseball is a bugger. You can be a consistent fielder, but pitching, and especially hitting, are anything but consistent.

Basketball players would probably tell you that a shooter's touch comes and goes like the wind.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Pommer got his 5v5 minutes cut the last couple of years he was here. He played the point on the PP his last year here due to lack of options and got less that 100 PP mins ToI.

Coyle got a lot of PP time over the years and had nothing to show for it: ~870 mins (career) and only 28p. Brodin has ~470 mins (career) as 23p on the PP as a comparison.

Zucker was the only one of '10 draft 1st rounders that didn't sniff the PP until last year.
Zucker's forte is using his speed in the open ice. Playing on a plodding PP is not a place where he is going to shine. Maybe if the Wild experiment with he, Fiala, Hunt, Spurgeon, and some bigger dude(Staal? Greenway?)they can come up with a more dynamic PP that involves more movement. Donato can be the shooter on the other PP, and Dumba when he comes back.

Of course Kunin might be a better choice than Zucker....Kunin has to work on getting his shot off more.

dupont

Jun 23, 2015
i could see Kunin fillin the same role as Bergeron. between Fiala and another high skill guy, even Parise, could look could for a long time.

dupont

Jun 23, 2015
Stanley Cup winning, Selke hoarding elite 1C?
yes. apart from the success. it wont be all on Kunin, as it wasnt for Bergeron. I can see that Kunin has the Skills to become a really great 2 Way 1C. yes.

Digitalbooya

By order of the Peaky Blinders
Sponsor
Jul 10, 2010
Wisconsin
yes. apart from the success. it wont be all on Kunin, as it wasnt for Bergeron. I can see that Kunin has the Skills to become a really great 2 Way 1C. yes.
That’s pretty wishful thinking. He might be like a smaller, goal-scoring Koivu if everything goes right.

Dee Oh Cee

Aug 4, 2010
Eagan
I have been more and more impressed with Kunin the last couple weeks. Not sure what he's going to be in the end, but it just seems like he's going to be an important player.

Regarding Fiala, since he's wearing #22 I'm wondering if I can do anything with my Nino jersey...it's not authentic so I'm pretty sure the nameplate was just ironed on but is there any possible way to have it replaced with Fiala? Is that something the hockey lodge might be able to do? Haven't tried it before and I don't know if they like the idea of letting you do that without buying an entire new jersey.

Twoods1623

Jun 27, 2016
North Shore
I have been more and more impressed with Kunin the last couple weeks. Not sure what he's going to be in the end, but it just seems like he's going to be an important player.

Regarding Fiala, since he's wearing #22 I'm wondering if I can do anything with my Nino jersey...it's not authentic so I'm pretty sure the nameplate was just ironed on but is there any possible way to have it replaced with Fiala? Is that something the hockey lodge might be able to do? Haven't tried it before and I don't know if they like the idea of letting you do that without buying an entire new jersey.

I can't speak for the hockey lodge, but from my experience with hockey stores up north they're able to do that with ease. Not sure on the pricing though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad