Player Discussion Kevin Fiala

Status
Not open for further replies.

MNNumbers

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 17, 2011
I also listened to the Zulgad Podcast. No information there. He's playing close to the vest, because if he doesn't, the other GMs will get a big advantage.

But, in general, it will pay him to listen to every offer for any player, so I don't mind that.

MNRube

Oct 20, 2013
I don’t think Fiala would want to sign here even if we can fit him in. Nothing by either side suggests that is anything more than a pipe dream.

thestonedkoala

Going Dark
Aug 27, 2004
Trading Dumba doesn't help keep Fiala?
Minnesota has 7.3 million in cap space. Moving Dumba means that they gain 6 million. So 13.3 million. Resign Fiala for 7.5 million, drops it down to 5.8 million. Need to sign a goalie. That means what? 2-3 million. Let's be conservative and split it down the middle. 2.5 million. That's 3.3 million now.

Kaprizov - Hartman - Zuccarello
Greenway - Eriksson-Ek - Foligno
Boldy - Gaudreau - Fiala
??? - Jost - Duhaime

Toss up on Dewar (RFA), Shaw (.750 million). Let's say they sign Dewar for 900K, that's 2.4 million.

Spurgeon - ???
Brodin - ???
Goligoski - Merrill
Kulikov

Bring up Addison (795K). Not much left to give Middleton. Do you trade?

Now you have holes in your defense.

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
Minnesota has 7.3 million in cap space. Moving Dumba means that they gain 6 million. So 13.3 million. Resign Fiala for 7.5 million, drops it down to 5.8 million. Need to sign a goalie. That means what? 2-3 million. Let's be conservative and split it down the middle. 2.5 million. That's 3.3 million now.

Boldy - Gaudreau - Fiala
??? - Jost - Duhaime

Toss up on Dewar (RFA), Shaw (.750 million). Let's say they sign Dewar for 900K, that's 2.4 million.

Spurgeon - ???
Brodin - ???
Goligoski - Merrill
Kulikov

Yeah, it's about whether you think Fiala is more worth having a hole on defense than Dumba is worth having a hole on offense.

DeagleJenkins

Jul 17, 2018
Minnesota

Boldy - Gaudreau - Fiala
??? - Jost - Duhaime

Spurgeon - ???
Brodin - ???
Goligoski - Merrill
Kulikov

Trade kulikov and bring up mermis. Done.

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta

Boldy - Gaudreau - Fiala
??? - Jost - Duhaime

Spurgeon - ???
Brodin - ???
Goligoski - Merrill
Kulikov

$12M+ in dead cap means that we are going to have a hole somewhere on our roster: offense, defense or goaltending. Just pick the one you're most comfortable with.

Reactions: Tony253

ShortPeter6

Feb 8, 2022
$12M+ in dead cap means that we are going to have a hole somewhere on our roster: offense, defense or goaltending. Just pick the one you're most comfortable with.
This is exactly how I feel. It seems to many people think we should remain cup contenders. If we aren’t going to re sign Fiala we might as well trade Dumba as well. Have a bad year and let some young guys get some time.

IAHockey25

Feb 20, 2019
This is exactly how I feel. It seems to many people think we should remain cup contenders. If we aren’t going to re sign Fiala we might as well trade Dumba as well. Have a bad year and let some young guys get some time.
What if both Boldy and Rossi have 50pts next year?

Digitalbooya

By order of the Peaky Blinders
Sponsor
Jul 10, 2010
Wisconsin
Mermis as a 7th D is an issue? its a 750k contract to sit there and not play.

Brodin- Addison
Middleton - Spurgeon
Merril-Goligoski
Mermis

isnt pretty due to the bottom 3 names but it will be just fine and probably better than anticipated.
It’s actually the bottom 4 names, but hey we are forced to put a bottom pair guy in the top 4 because of cap space.

thestonedkoala

Going Dark
Aug 27, 2004
Because Guerin may be asked to still build a contender out of this team.

Sota Popinski

Registered Boozer
Sponsor
Apr 26, 2017
Minneapolis
I mean Minnesota is kind of pushed against the wall here. If New Jersey doesn't want to give up Mercer and Holtz (and why would they?), Minnesota doesn't have a lot of options. The longer it goes into the off-season, the less value Minnesota will have. Teams know that Minnesota doesn't have the cap space. They either try and trade a player they don't want to trade or a bunch of them or... What?

Stillman gives them a tier B prospect, Johnsson is a 20 goal scorer and gives them another winger in the top 9 without really spending a ton. They get a high second and a gamble next season.
The offseason hasn't even started yet.

Last edited by a moderator:

16thOverallSaveUs

Danila Yurov Fan Club Executive Assistant
May 2, 2018
I do worry about Fiala’s value knowing that there will be other options like Debrincat and Gaudreau out there.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
I do worry about Fiala’s value knowing that there will be other options like Debrincat and Gaudreau out there.
I find it bizarre that teams are considering moving young players like Chychrun and DeBrincat. Not a great message to send their fans.

thestonedkoala

Going Dark
Aug 27, 2004
I find it bizarre that teams are considering moving young players like Chychrun and DeBrincat. Not a great message to send their fans.
Arizona is probably trying to acquire as many draft picks as possible to do a hard rebuild. Chychrun SHOULD be part of that rebuild, but maybe they don't figure he's in the plans as by the time they are ready to compete, he'll be in his later 20s and on his third contract.

DeBrincat actually makes sense as he's up for a contract renewal and he could be looking for a massive payday.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad