Player Discussion Kevin Fiala

Status
Not open for further replies.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Kunin is an average physical specimen for the NHL. I don't fault his willingness, but he doesn't intimidate anyone.

Greenway is a beast, even at the NHL level. He is already intimidating, but once he fills out and gets better skating he will be even more so.

Kunin was a captain in junior and in college. That's nice, and he appears to have a really good attitude, but I need to see a lot more from him before I even think of naming him a NHL captain.

Reactions: fgobuzz

DANOZ28

May 22, 2012
nearest bar MN
i cant wait to see if fiala & kaprizov can turn this team into a force. improved goaltending and fix our future C issues and lookout nhl here we come. i see kunin as a utility 20G scorer vs greenway a beast 15G 3rd liner. lets keep both and call it a day.

Spurgeon

Nov 25, 2014
MinneSNOWta
Need an NHL level goaltender even more so.

Kaapo has shown promise. Between him, Robson, and Jones, I think we'll have our solution. If we can get a fill-in on a 2-year deal, I wouldn't hate it, but I don't see any of the "top" guys going for that.

2Pair

Oct 8, 2017
Kaapo has shown promise. Between him, Robson, and Jones, I think we'll have our solution. If we can get a fill-in on a 2-year deal, I wouldn't hate it, but I don't see any of the "top" guys going for that.
It would be great if one of the kids could become the guy, but they're still going to need somebody for next year.

16thOverallSaveUs

Danila Yurov Fan Club Executive Assistant
May 2, 2018
That goal against Nashville was disgusting. Guy is a big game player. When there’s a big moment, he tends to step up. There’s a reason why he already has 2 playoff OT winners and the team he’s scored the most goals against (it’s a tie actually) is... Nashville. Game breaker

Reactions: Digitalbooya

Minnesnota

Apr 20, 2017
Denver
That goal against Nashville was disgusting. Guy is a big game player. When there’s a big moment, he tends to step up. There’s a reason why he already has 2 playoff OT winners and the team he’s scored the most goals against (it’s a tie actually) is... Nashville. Game breaker
The Detroit backhander and the 2nd to last goal of that video were just disgusting too.

Just a filthy hockey player.

Hall of Faber

Nov 16, 2012
Thorndale, PA
Haven’t watched much since the trade for him.

Wow, he has the most lethal wrister we have ever had. Major threat in outnumbered situations. Exciting. We have never had player like this.

Webster

Zucc's buddy
Sponsor
Nov 7, 2017
Let's hope Fiala still got that spark, been a long time without hockey.

I wonder if all the players are in good shape, but I understand they'll have a small training camp first.

57special

Sep 5, 2012
MN
Fiala has been training in Sweden, so he should be ok. JEE and Brodin were born in shape, so no worries there.

One thing i like about Fiala is that he is a puck thief. If "steals' were a NHL stat, he'd be a league leader. The guy doesn't just wait for the puck to come to him, unlike many offensive players. I'll put up with the odd giveaway of he continues to work hard.

16thOverallSaveUs

May 2, 2018
The question for me isn’t if Fiala still has it. I have no doubts that he’ll be a serviceable 1st liner for the foreseeable future. The question is if he can continue to build on his last 5 months of ~ppg hockey and be the 80-90 point player he so obviously has the skill to be

Reactions: SMTHook

Sarge58

Jan 25, 2014
He has a lethal backhand too. If he is as mentally prepared as he is physically he'll be just fine.

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
Haven’t watched much since the trade for him.

Wow, he has the most lethal wrister we have ever had. Major threat in outnumbered situations. Exciting. We have never had player like this.
He has a very good wrister, but it's still not as good as Gaborik's was. ;)

Fiala just has more overall tools to work with as well.

Reactions: 16thOverallSaveUs

57special

Sep 5, 2012
MN
I don't see Fiala scoring 80 points w/o a better C. Staal was terrific in his day, but even then he was more of a scorer than setup man. Prime Koivu would've been a great match for him, alas.

16thOverallSaveUs

May 2, 2018
I don't see Fiala scoring 80 points w/o a better C. Staal was terrific in his day, but even then he was more of a scorer than setup man. Prime Koivu would've been a great match for him, alas.
He paced it for the better part of 5 months. If he’s given all the prime scoring opportunities (overtime, power play, 4-3, 20 mins a night) he should have no trouble reaching it. It’s not like he needs others to create for him.

Minnesnota

Apr 20, 2017
Denver
It's okay to let yourself be excited for a player. I understand tempering expectations, but Fiala was pacing a point-per-game from November 1st on while getting middle-six minutes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad