Player Discussion Kevin Fiala

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nino Noderreiter

Jul 5, 2011
The Twin Cities
He's been very good, but starting to get anxious and frustrated because of his lack of production.

He hit a post and has generated a ton of possession and shot attempts. Process is more important than results to some degree. I'd argue he looks better to start the season than he did last year. I mostly only watched the first 2 games though.

MuckOG

May 18, 2012
As long as Fiala continues generating shot attempts and scoring chances at the rate he is, Im pretty sure it will eventually start paying off

Webster

Zucc's buddy
Sponsor
Nov 7, 2017
He feels the pressure and doesn't handle it very well, trying to do too much. He has to relax and just play his game.

MK9

Feb 28, 2008
Andover, MN
Ducks / Wild games tend to be tight or defensive snoozefests. I'll be happy if it's not another 1-0 or 2-1 game. Unfortunately, I'm going to bet it's bleh again. I'd guess it'll be a defenseman or a 3rd/4th liner pops in a random goal. I'd like to see Fiala bust through, but I don't think this'll be the game it happens.

Nino Noderreiter

Jul 5, 2011
The Twin Cities
I think that decisions around the lineup going forward should start with”how can we get the most production out of Fiala/Kaprizov” and secondary decisions be made based on the impact of those choices.

Fiala and Kaprizov need to play together as much as possible. This means PP1 time. This also likely means playing together on a line 5 on 5.

16thOverallSaveUs

Danila Yurov Fan Club Executive Assistant
May 2, 2018
He’s certainly been gripping his stick too tightly and been trying to do to much. I think back to his goal against Nashville last year and just think about how he’d never have the conifdence to pull that off right now. He’s 24, and if he doesn’t start to get some consistency soon, I don’t know how eager I’m going to be to build around him. He is one of the most dynamic players in the world when he’s on, but when he’s pressing, it’s not good. Add in that he’s all over in the defensive zone. He’s a winger that ends up behind his own net more than anyone I’ve ever seen. He puck-watches too hard, and it was painful watching Johansson try and adjust because Fiala kept switching wings on him in the defensive zone as he’d watch and get drawn to Johanssons side. A good back check from him last night might’ve saved a goal. The mental side of the game with him just continues to be the big question mark with him. I hope he can continue to get better at it because we really need him to have the confidence he had last year.

MK9

Feb 28, 2008
Andover, MN
At least he isn't a floater, though. He works his ass off.

I specifically watched him on a few of his shifts last night, mid 2nd period and again in the 3rd. This statement of yours was not my experience. He was doing exactly that, floating. Hanging back, having little interest in covering anyone and looked like he was disinterested.

HotDish

Win it for Hynes
Aug 17, 2020
The State of Hockey
He’s certainly been gripping his stick too tightly and been trying to do to much. I think back to his goal against Nashville last year and just think about how he’d never have the conifdence to pull that off right now. He’s 24, and if he doesn’t start to get some consistency soon, I don’t know how eager I’m going to be to build around him. He is one of the most dynamic players in the world when he’s on, but when he’s pressing, it’s not good. Add in that he’s all over in the defensive zone. He’s a winger that ends up behind his own net more than anyone I’ve ever seen. He puck-watches too hard, and it was painful watching Johansson try and adjust because Fiala kept switching wings on him in the defensive zone as he’d watch and get drawn to Johanssons side. A good back check from him last night might’ve saved a goal. The mental side of the game with him just continues to be the big question mark with him. I hope he can continue to get better at it because we really need him to have the confidence he had last year.
This is way I want to Kaprizov and Fiala on the same line for a few games. Kaprizov's vison is good enough to find Fiala and tee him up for a few good shots. Honestly some of Kap's passes have been perfect but the wing fumbles the pass. Once Fiala gets off the snide I think he will relax more.

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta
Guerin is going to be laughing at all of us when he signs Fiala to an 8 year deal at a shade over $4 million and then fixes the center spots.

Chess vs. checkers.

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
Guerin is going to be laughing at all of us when he signs Fiala to an 8 year deal at a shade over $4 million and then fixes the center spots.

Chess vs. checkers.

I'm not holding my breath.

TheSauceBoss

May 14, 2010
Totally called the 3 game suspension. Fiala barely tried to slow down. Hopefully someone else can step up over the next week.

Soldier13Fox

jävlar anamma (f'ing embrace, get with it)
Sponsor
Oct 8, 2013
Coon Rapids
It was a shitty hit. I don't mind the punishment, so long as going forward from 29Jan2021 all similar hits from 1st time offenders results in the same 3 game suspension (I won't hold my breath).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad