Player Discussion Kevin Fiala

Status
Not open for further replies.

fentonsbrainchild

Jul 29, 2019
Not to beat a dead horse or open a can of worms, but this is the same logic that us pro-tankers have been using all season. We’re not the typical team that drafts high. Great D, good wingers, good prospect pool. lots of pieces in house, just need to get that 1C. If we could have been bad for this one year, gotten the right guy at the top of the draft, we could have been real good as soon as next season. Now we’ll have to find the C another way. I just hope there’s an avenue to get it, or we’ll be wasting next year too.
I was pro-tank before it got out of reach, the problem with only needing a 1C is our infrastructure won’t allow us to get the studs barring tremendous luck.

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
Chatting with Zach Parise: Joking with rivals and kids,...
Fiala’s become a popular fixture in Parise’s household.

He said that his daughter has so much affection for the Wild’s budding star, “at their school, they did a local sports hero thing and they all know that the twins are my kids, so I’d say 90 percent of them wrote that ‘Zach Parise’ is their favorite,” Parise said. “Except my daughter. She wrote Kevin Fiala. That’s how things are going in our household right now. He’s been playing awesome.”

16thOverallSaveUs

Danila Yurov Fan Club Executive Assistant
May 2, 2018
This is an interesting thing hockeywilderness is going:
Fiala can Zuccarello in the 1st round, Fiala got all 50 of the first votes. He’s up against Parise now.

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
Fiala is currently losing to Parise which is unacceptable but I only get 2 votes

kfan22

Jun 20, 2012
Expecting a 1st might be a stretch, but at the time it should've been more than just a player for player swap.

Yep we were trading the better more proven player at the time to a team going all in for the Cup

IHaveNoCreativity

May 5, 2012
Somewhere in Quebec.
Yea I feel the same, most people around the game do aswell. He should have came back with something and the consensus is that Fenton’s trades have set the team back years.

Basically...

Fiala below average trade
Coyle bad trade
Rask one of the worst in a long long time

is how Fenton’s trades are seen. If Fiala turns into a 1st line player then the Wild won’t miss that extra asset so much.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
While I agree that the trades weren't great, you can't forget that cap space we gained. Nino's deal looks bad right now, and MiG's did also.

57special

Sep 5, 2012
MN
Yeah, such a bad move by Fenton. The fact that we have to protect him in the Seattle ED just adds insult to injury. Because of that, we might lose one of Greenway or Kunin.

Last edited:

57special

Sep 5, 2012
MN
I'm not sure, myself. Kunin is more consistent, and maybe a better player right now, but is ultimately pretty ordinary. Maybe next year he merges as more of a goal scoring threat.

Greenway is physically dominant when he is on. He just needs to find a way to do it consistently. He doesn't have to be banging on guys for 82 straight games, but he does need to be using that long stick of his all the time, and work on his skating so he can maneuver better.

Minnesnota

Apr 20, 2017
Denver
Greenway needs to be better conditioned if he's gonna be a player that shines consistently.

Kunin brings it every shift, so that's a positive. He also looked like a much better player under Evason with 5pts in 7gp. Small sample size though.

Reactions: 57special

grN1g

Nov 11, 2009
Minnesota
Greenway is considered a slob and helpless/clueless in regular life skills amongst teammates according to Parise and russo interview, obviously a fun jab to Greenway due to the nature of the question which brought up the topic but also mentioned gaming late nights and showing up tired to things. Kind of concerning.

57special

Sep 5, 2012
MN
Agree that Kunin has better intangibles. Just seems to have ordinary tools. Greenway...you don't see that kind of potential often. Not so much as a point scorer(though he has nice vision), but as a player who can dominate play otherwise, so the point scorers can do their thing. At this point, we need to see both play for another year. Should have a better idea at the end of next year who is what.

SupremeNachos

Dec 6, 2011
Minnesota
Agree that Kunin has better intangibles. Just seems to have ordinary tools. Greenway...you don't see that kind of potential often. Not so much as a point scorer(though he has nice vision), but as a player who can dominate play otherwise, so the point scorers can do their thing. At this point, we need to see both play for another year. Should have a better idea at the end of next year who is what.
How many big bodied guys put most of the puzzle together though? I see more of a power forward in him than I did Coyle because Greenway doesn't shy away from using his size. It's the rest of his game that is wildly inconsistent.

2Pair

Oct 8, 2017
What are the intangibles Kunin has over Greenway?

57special

Sep 5, 2012
MN
What I Would love to see more is Greenway driving the net with the puck.

One underrated thing he did last year that didn't get on the scoresheet was his net front screens. For goalie, it's like having a small house in front of you. I also love the way he can stickcheck a guy from behind without getting a penalty. Very few players can do that.

Al Lagoon

Feb 22, 2012
What are the intangibles Kunin has over Greenway?
Obviously a leader and very competitive - you don't captain a WJC team without that. Kunin plays larger than his average frame: imagine if Greenway did the same on a consistent basis.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad