Player Discussion Kevin Fiala

Status
Not open for further replies.

2Pair

Oct 8, 2017
youre right im completely clueless what is a pp qb? dont they have 4 different pp units with a roster size of 23 players?
Now you're starting to figure it out.

They could have 7 PP units, and Ek still wouldn't be the QB on any of them.

Digitalbooya

By order of the Peaky Blinders
Sponsor
Jul 10, 2010
Wisconsin
Considering what we gave up that would be terrible
Granlund had 1g 4a in 16 games for Nashville. Fiala had 3g 4a in 19 games for Minnesota. With Granlund being a better two way player and Fiala being 4 years younger, I'd say the value of the trade was pretty equal. Who knows how Granlund will do next year, or Fiala for that matter.

BlackBusa24

Dec 13, 2018
Granlund had 1g 4a in 16 games for Nashville. Fiala had 3g 4a in 19 games for Minnesota. With Granlund being a better two way player and Fiala being 4 years younger, I'd say the value of the trade was pretty equal. Who knows how Granlund will do next year, or Fiala for that matter.

Honestly I think you're comparison is looking at things in the best possible case for fiala. By picking only the last 16 to 20 games instead of their entire careers you're kind of missing how good each player actually is. The fact of the matter is granlund was a much higher and proven commodity than fiala ever was. 15-20 games really is nothing. Especially when you compare granlunds mostly center years to fiala being a winger.

Granted I haven't watched anything that granlund has done in Nashville but I bet you he is a thousand percent more complete of a player than the turnover machine that is fiala

Last edited:

2Pair

Oct 8, 2017
Honestly I think you're comparison is looking at things in the best possible case for fiala. By picking only the last 16 to 20 games instead of their entire careers you're kind of missing how good each player actually is. The fact of the matter is granlund was a much higher and proven commodity than fiala ever was. 15-20 games really is nothing.

Granted I haven't watched anything that granlund has done in Nashville but I bet you he is a thousand percent more complete of a player than the turnover machine that is fiala
Look at Granlund's numbers since Thanksgiving. Not good

You would lose that bet. Granlund is a more complete player than Fiala is right now, but the diference is minimal.

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
Honestly I think you're comparison is looking at things in the best possible case for fiala. By picking only the last 16 to 20 games instead of their entire careers you're kind of missing how good each player actually is. The fact of the matter is granlund was a much higher and proven commodity than fiala ever was. 15-20 games really is nothing.

Is it really fair to compare Fiala’s first few seasons to Granlund’s prime?

Doesn’t really matter what happened in the past at this point. What happens after the deal is what will determine if this was a good or bad trade. So far, it’s been a wash, which is a lot better than we expected before the trade happened.

16thOverallSaveUs

Danila Yurov Fan Club Executive Assistant
May 2, 2018
Where he’s injured or just suddenly forgot how to play hockey, these are alarming numbers:
1st 41 games this season: 39 points
Last 38: 15 points

One could argue that he will bounce back, but he wasn’t even making hockey plays towards the end of the year. I think, like 2pair said, we got out of this trade at the perfect time. I don’t like the value, but if granlund doesn’t return to form, I’ll take Fiala and run.

BlackBusa24

Dec 13, 2018
Look at Granlund's numbers since Thanksgiving. Not good

You would lose that bet. Granlund is a more complete player than Fiala is right now, but the diference is minimal.

I'm sorry but fiala is a turnover machine and is plus minus highly shows that. You're nitpicking a certain statistic to prove your point but disregarding the other ones. There's a reason everyone around the NHL was saying how Fenton was taken without lube on the trade when it happened.

Saying that over 15 to 20 games granlund lost who he was as a player to make the trade even is ludacris

AKL

Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
I'm sorry but fiala is a turnover machine and is plus minus highly shows that. You're nitpicking a certain statistic to prove your point but disregarding the other ones. There's a reason everyone around the NHL was saying how Fenton was taken without lube on the trade when it happened.

Saying that over 15 to 20 games granlund lost who he was as a player to make the trade even is ludacris

Lol

Reactions: Dr Jan Itor

2Pair

Oct 8, 2017

What stat am I "nitpicking"? What point am I trying to prove/disprove? I even said that Granlund is currently the more complete player.

Granlund has been a bad player for much more of his career than he has been a good one? Disprove that.

2Pair

Oct 8, 2017
Where he’s injured or just suddenly forgot how to play hockey, these are alarming numbers:
1st 41 games this season: 39 points
Last 38: 15 points

One could argue that he will bounce back, but he wasn’t even making hockey plays towards the end of the year. I think, like 2pair said, we got out of this trade at the perfect time. I don’t like the value, but if granlund doesn’t return to form, I’ll take Fiala and run.
In his last 60 games since Thanksgiving
6 goals 26 assists
13 of those 32 points were on the PP.

BlackBusa24

Dec 13, 2018
Is it really fair to compare Fiala’s first few seasons to Granlund’s prime?

Doesn’t really matter what happened in the past at this point. What happens after the deal is what will determine if this was a good or bad trade. So far, it’s been a wash, which is a lot better than we expected before the trade happened.

Who would you have?

A center with...
82133144-12202
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
Or a winger with...

GPGAP+/-
83132639-23
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

Stats being pretty much the same I would much rather have the guy who pulled the points at the same age as center rather than wing. Granlunds high and proven by his last couple years at wing just shows you how much better he is at any age.

Also not to beat a dead horse but the plus minus show how much each is as far as being a complete player and how much of a two-way player they are. Fiala is a wreck in this department and doesn't show you how many goals he has cost the team. Fact of the matter is he would have to score an extra 10 or so goals to make up for his crappy defensive play

AKL

Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
Who would you have?

A center with...
82133144-12202
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
Or a winger with...

GPGAP+/-
83132639-23
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
Stats being pretty much the same I would much rather have the guy who pulled the points at the same age as center rather than wing. Granlunds high and proven by his last couple years at wing just shows you how much better is.

Also not to beat a dead horse but the plus minus shore how much each is as far as being a complete player and how wall of a two-way player they are. Fiala is a wreck in this department and doesn't show you how many goals he has cost the team. Fact of the matter is he would have to score an extra 10 or so goals to make up for his crappy defensive play

I like this game. Your turn. Which would you rather have?

[TBODY] [/TBODY]
or

[TBODY] [/TBODY]
Both are centers by the way, in their draft+4 seasons.

2Pair

Oct 8, 2017
Who would you have?

A center with...
82133144-12202
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
Or a winger with...

GPGAP+/-
83132639-23
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
Stats being pretty much the same I would much rather have the guy who pulled the points at the same age as center rather than wing. Granlunds high and proven by his last couple years at wing just shows you how much better he is at any age.

Also not to beat a dead horse but the plus minus show how much each is as far as being a complete player and how much of a two-way player they are. Fiala is a wreck in this department and doesn't show you how many goals he has cost the team. Fact of the matter is he would have to score an extra 10 or so goals to make up for his crappy defensive play

1. You're comparing Granlund's 23 year old season against Fiala's 22 year old season.

2. Want to look at their 21 year old seasons? Didn't think so

3. Using your seasons- Granlund played 1, 486 minutes on the 1st line. Fiala played 1,298 on the 2nd line

4. Comparing +/- across teams just shows that you don't understand how that statistic works.

The fact that Granlund was terible ar center pretty much kills your argument that it's more important that he did it as a center.

BlackBusa24

Dec 13, 2018
I like this game. Your turn. Which would you rather have?

[TBODY] [/TBODY]
or

[TBODY] [/TBODY]
Both are centers by the way, in their draft+4 seasons.

I guess it depends on the player and how defensively responsible each player is. The top player obviously has 10 more points than the bottom one but if he is also a turnover machine like fiala is then he probably is cost his team more goals and points then the bottom player.

But I see the point you probably trying to make being that we don't know what fiala will become. He could be a stud or he could be garbage. Another reason that the trade wasn't even as we hold all the risk

BlackBusa24

Dec 13, 2018
1. You're comparing Granlund's 23 year old season against Fiala's 22 year old season.

2. Want to look at their 21 year old seasons? Didn't think so

3. Using your seasons- Granlund played 1, 486 minutes on the 1st line. Fiala played 1,298 on the 2nd line

4. Comparing +/- across teams just shows that you don't understand how that statistic works.

The fact that Granlund was terible ar center pretty much kills your argument that it's more important that he did it as a center.

Then look at what each of them did plus-minus this year. Like you said same teams lol

AKL

Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
I guess it depends on the player and how defensively responsible each player is. The top player obviously has 10 more points than the bottom one but if he is also a turnover machine like fiala is then he probably is cost his team more goals and points then the bottom player.

But I see the point you probably trying to make being that we don't know what fiala will become. He could be a stud or he could be garbage. Another reason that the trade wasn't even as we hold all the risk

The top player is more defensively responsible. Which one you going with?

Wabit

May 23, 2016
Who would you have?

A center with...
82133144-12202
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
Or a winger with...

GPGAP+/-
83132639-23
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

Just for the record that -12 was the worst on the team, best was +21 (Suter), a 33p swing. The -23 season (split between 2 teams) the best on the Wild was +1 for the season (Coyle), a 24p swing.

Going by +/-; Rask (-4) was a more complete player than Granny (-8) this season.

Reactions: 2Pair and AKL

BlackBusa24

Dec 13, 2018
Just for the record that -12 was the worst on the team, best was +21 (Suter), a 33p swing. The -23 season (split between 2 teams) the best on the Wild was +1 for the season (Coyle), a 24p swing.

Going by +/-; Rask (-4) was a more complete player than Granny (-8) this season.

Fiala ... -23 between 2 teams
Granlund... -8 between the same two teams

And Rask was over 49 games in 3rd and fourth-line minutes

AKL

Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
Fiala ... -23 between 2 teams
Granlund... -8 between the same two teams

And Rask was over 49 games in 3rd and fourth-line minutes

Alex Barkov was a -3 this season with 96 points. Please tell me he’s not a good defensive player. Please do it. Anze Kopitar was a -20.

Come on, tell me these guys aren’t good defensively. I want to see you say it.

BlackBusa24

Dec 13, 2018
Alex Barkov was a -3 this season with 96 points. Please tell me he’s not a good defensive player. Please do it. Anze Kopitar was a -20.

Come on, tell me these guys aren’t good defensively. I want to see you say it.

Weren't you just giving me shit for comparing plus-minus of people on two different teams?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad