Confirmed with Link: Kevin Bieksa signs one day contract to retire as a Canuck

BenningHurtsMySoul

Unfair Huggy Bear
Mar 18, 2008
Port Coquitlam, BC
Juice in his Prime was a force to be reckoned with - one of the best pound for pound scrappers in the game and could put up 40+ points to boot.

He definitely lost a step after the lockout season and became Casual Kev but I'm glad this is happening. He's a big part of our franchise's history.

No jersey retirement though, please. We didn't win in 2011. If we did, he gets it retired for scoring the stanchion goal.

Chairman Maouth

Retired Staff
Apr 29, 2009
Comox Valley
Juice in his Prime was a force to be reckoned with - one of the best pound for pound scrappers in the game and could put up 40+ points to boot.

He definitely lost a step after the lockout season and became Casual Kev but I'm glad this is happening. He's a big part of our franchise's history.

No jersey retirement though, please. We didn't win in 2011. If we did, he gets it retired for scoring the stanchion goal.
There were playoff series in the late 2ks and early 2010ks where he was an absolute force for the Canucks. He always raised his game in the playoffs.

Chairman Maouth

Retired Staff
Apr 29, 2009
Comox Valley
If u dont mind me asking, how old are you?

Much younger than my father who died at 83 before getting to see the Canucks win the cup. I probably will too.

After watching this cursed team since I was a kid beginning in 1970 all I've seen them do is crash and burn when it really counts. This season is just more of the same - high expectations followed by an absolute shitting of the bed. I expect nothing more in the next two or three decades I may still be around.

Is it possible to blow your chances at the playoffs before we even hit November 1st? The Canucks are giving it a damn good try.

Lately, I choose to just remember the times when there was hope, because there sure as shit isn't any now.

I would loved to be proven wrong.

Last edited:

Hit the post

I have your gold medal Zippy!
Oct 1, 2015
Hiding under WTG's bed...
Much younger than my father who died at 83 before getting to see the Canucks win the cup. I probably will too.

After watching this cursed team since I was a kid beginning in 1970 all I've seen them do is crash and burn when it really counts. This season is just more of the same - high expectations followed by an absolute shitting of the bed. I expect nothing more in the next two or three decades I may still be around.

Is it possible to blow your chances at the playoffs before we even hit November 1st? The Canucks are giving it a damn good try.

Lately, I choose to just remember the times when there was hope, because there sure as shit isn't any now.

For perspective, remember Torts as head coach? Canucks were still in a wild card spot as late as January 31 of that 2013-14 season.:eek3:

Reactions: Chairman Maouth

vadim sharifijanov

Oct 10, 2007

this honestly was sad to watch

i mean look at him, 40 years old and almost certainly the fittest guy in the room

is anyone on that team putting in the extra time?

is anyone setting the tone in a good way?

does anybody hold anyone else accountable?

are hughes and petey out there for an hour before practice every day practicing that one timer that they just can’t get to connect?

does anyone ever even prepare?

of course he is lecturing you

Last edited:
Reactions: quat

krutovsdonut

eeyore
Sep 25, 2016

remember when we chanted 1940 at the rangers in 1994?

i realized today we are going to hit the same 54 year milestone shortly and i have no expectation we miss it.

the only consolation is the leafs have the record and i expect them to add to it.

PuckMunchkin

Very Nice, Very Evil!
Dec 13, 2006
Lapland
Yeah.

That culture isn't there now. Not even close.

Its easy to point fingers from the outside but we don't know why that is or who is to blame. But we do know that culture is not there with this group.

Reactions: quat

Chairman Maouth

Retired Staff
Apr 29, 2009
Comox Valley
remember when we chanted 1940 at the rangers in 1994?

i realized today we are going to hit the same 54 year milestone shortly and i have no expectation we miss it.

the only consolation is the leafs have the record and i expect them to add to it.

No, I don't. :laugh:

My memories of 1994.

During the playoffs I was working as a diver in the area of the Broughton Archipelago and my shifts were 10 days long. It was unusual in that rather than staying on a barge like we normally did, there were crew quarters on land. This was on Bonwick Island near a place called Betty Cove.

The fishing was fantastic. We could catch and fill our bellies with dungeness crab every day if we wanted. It also wasn't a dry camp. Beer was allowed.

We had a television and a VCR which was used often. We also had an antenna and could get only one channel - the CBC. We got the playoffs. North of 60 was also popular with us.

Every Canucks game was a major event: beer, crab, rockfish, salmon. We lived like kings and watched what was my favourite Canucks team of all time.

I can't remember which team it was we knocked out, but coming home to Port Coquitlam after work one evening, listening to the game on the radio as I drove down Vancouver Island, then losing radio reception on the ferry, then regaining reception as I hit the off ramp and learning that we had prevailed, was pure magic.

When I hit Renfrew and Hastings it was madness. Canucks fans were hanging out of their cars, waving flags. not wanting to disperse far from the Pacific Coliseum.

Game 7

It was crew change day and we would be riding a crew boat into Telegraph Cove. The game would be starting around the same time we got on the boat. Our plan was to hit the bar in Port McNeil where they had a projection TV, settle in there and watch the rest of the game.

The weather was terrible with high winds and the ride into Telegraph took far longer than normal. But we made it partway through the second period.

Then the projection TV broke down so everyone in the bar huddled around a little TV over the bar.

Then about 5 minutes later the projection TV kicked in again and we returned to our seats.

Then it broke down again 5 minutes after that. It was overheating and shutting down, cooling off and then working again.

This went on the rest of the night. It was an entire crowd playing musical chairs. It absolutely sucked. The Canucks lost, yadda, yadda, yadda, and the drive down island and onto the ferry was absolute misery. I felt like we were being punished for all the fun we had watching the games on Bonwick Island.

That's my recollection of 1994. The highest of highs followed by a devastating low.

Last edited:

rypper

21-12-05 it's finally over.
Dec 22, 2006
are hughes and petey out there for an hour before practice every day practicing that one timer that they just can’t get to connect?

We used to hear from Botch about Pettersson doing that. Staying after practice to work on shooting or other skills for hours and eventually inspiring other team mates to join him.

But I think that was his rookie year and haven't heard anything since. He might still do it, but I would think someone would be talking about it.

vadim sharifijanov

Oct 10, 2007
We used to hear from Botch about Pettersson doing that. Staying after practice to work on shooting or other skills for hours and eventually inspiring other team mates to join him.

But I think that was his rookie year and haven't heard anything since. He might still do it, but I would think someone would be talking about it.

yeah, i really feel like the young obsessive petey lost his fire being surrounded by so many lazy cheque-cashers for so long

three decades ago, pat quinn went out of his way to trade away dan quinn (his second leading scorer) to get him away from young linden. we really could use a guy like that at the wheel now.

Reactions: rypper

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad