Confirmed with Link: Kevin Bieksa signs one day contract to retire as a Canuck

sting101

Feb 8, 2012
Good grief i've watched that speech by Bieksa 3 x now and it gets better every time. Obviously Bieksa is one of my all time favs and i went back to him in my Avatar to solute KB3 for exactly what he talked about. Creating a culture and having his teams backs.

The trio of Bieksa Kesler and Burrows were what made that 2011 team what it was. Obviously the Sedins and Luongo were elite players and had tremendous work ethics and competitive natures to go along with their talents but having that secondary group that was absolutely elite at competing and having the hearts of lions is what made that a President trophy team and a team that should have had their names on the cup

Loved hearing his definition of a core. This core 4 crap you hear from Toronto is exactly why that team hasn't done shit. Your not gonna win when the huge contracts get off the ice and the next group is a revolving door group that's taking bargain contracts so that Marner and Nylander can eat caviar and score PP goals.

EpochLink

Canucks and Jets fan
Aug 1, 2006
Vancouver, BC
yeah, i really feel like the young obsessive petey lost his fire being surrounded by so many lazy cheque-cashers for so long

three decades ago, pat quinn went out of his way to trade away dan quinn (his second leading scorer) to get him away from young linden. we really could use a guy like that at the wheel now.

Those lazy cheque cashers still reside in this team, the previous regime made this team pure country club.

MikeK

Nov 10, 2008
Earth
Bieksa, or as Don would say "Bieska", was pure heart and soul. This current team could use a Bieksa type player. Watching him talk again during is presser was a pretty blunt reminder of just how bad the current team is as far as character goes. Benning assembled a shitty room. No if ands or buts about it.

Reactions: B-rock and quat

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
We used to hear from Botch about Pettersson doing that. Staying after practice to work on shooting or other skills for hours and eventually inspiring other team mates to join him.

But I think that was his rookie year and haven't heard anything since. He might still do it, but I would think someone would be talking about it.
Petey arrived after the twins retired. If the twins did what KB said, who is left from when they were last with the team in 2018 that should have been picking up that lesson from them?
No Dman or goalie.
Horvat, Boeser up front. That’s all I believe. It would be an indictment on those 2 if they didn’t learn from the twins or on the twins for not passing that onto the next group. One or both can be true.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad