Confirmed with Link: Kevin Bieksa signs one day contract to retire as a Canuck

SeawaterOnIce

Bald is back in style.
Sponsor
Aug 28, 2011
He might be able to make the squad on this roster if he laced up the skates.:sarcasm:

But yeah, great to see "Juice" retire as a Canuck.

And yes, I'll give *FULL CREDIT* to Jim Benning to unload him *WITHOUT* getting any salary dump in return *AND* getting a 2nd round pick for him.:thumbu:
That was great...

Then he unloaded that pick along with Bonino for Brandon f***ing Sutter.

Hit the post

I have your gold medal Zippy!
Oct 1, 2015
Hiding under WTG's bed...
Wish Luongo retired here too.
They should retire a toilet in the dressing room in his memory. Perhaps have it bronzed?

They played two more games after that. Weird to stop the SCF after two games but, frankly, everyone had seen enough to know.
Don't tell me what happened!!! I haven't seen the movie yet!

sting101

Feb 8, 2012
Glad to hear this. Bieksa was a warrior and a key core piece that made us a tougher team to play against and was always quotable and a great teammate. His chirps with Burr and Kes were always good fun and you had to laugh at the Kassian math quiz and some of his hijinks that kept the room loose

Doing some great things in honor of Rick Rypien with Mindcheck and on HNIC

Solidius

#TankLivesMatter
Jul 7, 2006
Vancouver, B.C.
Picked up a pair of tickets at 4:30pm in 322 for $90 each after my BCAA discount. That has to be after a price increase, right? I can't imagine those going for more.

rypper

21-12-05 it's finally over.
Dec 22, 2006
Picked up a pair of tickets at 4:30pm in 322 for $90 each after my BCAA discount. That has to be after a price increase, right? I can't imagine those going for more.
Once the announcement came down they've been bumping up all day. I first looked for fun and saw prices around what you paid, now they've 20-30$ more.

Chairman Maouth

Retired Staff
Apr 29, 2009
Comox Valley
Better tv personality than player.

But nice little gesture.

mzutDwD.gif

Ruthervin

Jul 30, 2022
Seattle
Great video. I remember that was the last game of the season that year.
It wasn't the last game of the season that year. We won 3 more games and lost to a healthier team in a 7 game series in the Stanley Cup Finals.. We then won our 2nd straight Presidents Trophy a year later before we started our decline. It happens. You dust yourself off and you move on in life.

Reactions: Chairman Maouth

Vector

Feb 2, 2007
Junktown
It wasn't the last game of the season that year. We won 3 more games and lost to a healthier team in a 7 game series in the Stanley Cup Finals.. We then won our 2nd straight Presidents Trophy a year later before we started our decline. It happens. You dust yourself off and you move on in life.

*WOOOOOOOOOOSH*

Reactions: Harold

Ruthervin

Jul 30, 2022
Seattle
*WOOOOOOOOOOSH*
Not a whoosh. I get what he was trying to do, trust me.

Regardless of our horrific losses to the Bruins in the finals, I just refuse to see it as a negative. We won 3 games, we were less healthier than our opponents in those finals, and we won a Presidents Trophy a year later. That 2008-2013 core was our greatest core in Canucks history and won numerous individual accomplishments and pretty much did everything other under the Sun outside of winning a cup.

I know he was joking with his comments but I'm not going to pretend that our season ended after Game 5 2011 against the Sharks. He's just joking with his comments, but I dunno.........whatever.

Reactions: Chairman Maouth

Vector

Feb 2, 2007
Junktown
Not a whoosh. I get what he was trying to do, trust me.

Regardless of our horrific losses to the Bruins in the finals, I just refuse to see it as a negative. We won 3 games, we were less healthier than our opponents in those finals, and we won a Presidents Trophy a year later. That 2008-2013 core was our greatest core in Canucks history and won numerous individual accomplishments and pretty much did everything other under the Sun outside of winning a cup.

I know he was joking with his comments but I'm not going to pretend that our season ended after Game 5 2011 against the Sharks. He's just joking with his comments, but I dunno.........whatever.

*WWWWWWWWWWOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOSSSSSSSSSHHHHHHHHHHHH*

Breakers

Make Mirrored Visors Legal Again
Aug 5, 2014
Denver Colorado
I know he had that important goal against San Jose

But for some reason my primary memory of Juice was when he destroyed Stalberg in a fight
I'm sure there is more important plays that I should remember.

but that sticks in my mind
he just beat the brakes off him after he blindside hit him. Stalberg wasnt even a fighter but he did two cheap shots within 5 seconds of each other and Bieksa lost it.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad