Player Discussion Keith Yandle: Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

NYR

Mar 1, 2002
LI
I think the Rangers knew what they wanted when they got Yandle. My guess is they got that thing they wanted. Similar to Boyle, the thought was that some offensive push and contribution from the back end is what would tip things in the Rangers favour.
Not to say they have to get rid of him, but where does his contribution to cost (commonly known as value) slot now. Certainly it does not fit in the same slot as it did when he was acquired, and McIlrath and Skjei were just blips on the horizon.

Agreed and I'm not completely opposed to bringing him back but it has to be for a reasonable cap hit and there absolutely has to be a stalwart of a partner already in place before I'd even consider.

NYR

Mar 1, 2002
LI
Please elaborate.

It doesn't take much explanation.

I feel you're completely overvaluing Yandle's worth based on his regular season point total and not looking at the rest of his game which is completely non-existent.

Thirty One

Safe is safe.
Dec 28, 2003
It doesn't take much explanation.

I feel you're completely overvaluing Yandle's worth based on his regular season point total and not looking at the rest of his game which is completely non-existent.
His career playoff points per game is higher than his regular season mark.
c640x360_32.jpg

NYR

Mar 1, 2002
LI
His career playoff points per game is higher than his regular season mark.
c640x360_32.jpg

With all due respect but have you ever heard the phrase "What have you done for me lately?"

He's got a single point and is a -4 in 5 playoff games this year. That in itself is disgusting plain and simple

He's got 31 points and a +2 in 51 games which is very average for an offensive dman

Please tell me what he has done that has you so impressed in big game situations?

Thirty One

Safe is safe.
Dec 28, 2003

With all due respect but have you ever heard the phrase "What have you done for me lately?"
Yeah, it's a phrase used by those who make dumb decisions based on small samples.

"What have you done for me lately?" - Peter Chiarelli re: Tyler Seguin

trilobyte

Regulated User
Dec 9, 2008
Calgary, Alberta
Agreed and I'm not completely opposed to bringing him back but it has to be for a reasonable cap hit and there absolutely has to be a stalwart of a partner already in place before I'd even consider.

I'm not against bringing him back either.
The All-in for Cup push is rightfully not foremost. The proper assembly of personnel is more important now. Not a blow it up thing though. The view on certain players has to change with that.

NYR

Mar 1, 2002
LI
Yeah, it's a phrase used by those who make dumb decisions based on small samples.

Sounds exactly like the type of decision you're hoping the NYR make

"What have you done for me lately?" - Peter Chiarelli re: Tyler Seguin

Seguin got traded because of his attitude at the time so what's your point?

Thirty One

Safe is safe.
Dec 28, 2003
Seguin got traded because of his attitude at the time so what's your point?
He also had one goal in 22 playoff games. Do you think it was a good idea to trade him because what harf you done for me lately?

NYR

Mar 1, 2002
LI
He also had one goal in 22 playoff games. Do you think it was a good idea to trade him because what harf you done for me lately?

Not sure where you're going with this.

You're talking about a kid in what, his 2nd year? That had an attitude in the locker room vs a veteran that sucks in his own zone and wants big time dollars.

Seguin was always projected to be a sure thing and has proven as such. What makes Yandle, who is a one dimensional player worth the price tag he's asking for?

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY
Yandle was not treated as a third pairing defenseman even strength. That's BS.

Avg. TOI even strength.

1. Klein 17.49
2. McDonagh 17.47
3. Girardi 17.28
4. Yandle 17.18
5. Staal 17.17
6. Boyle 15.57

Avg. TOI Powerplay

1. Yandle 2.36
2. Boyle 2.10
3. McDonagh 1.55
4. Klein 0.27
5. Girardi 0.07
6. Staal 0.06

Avg. TOI Shorthanded

1. Girardi 2.43
2. McDonagh 2.38
3. Staal 2.16
4. Klein 2.05
5. Boyle 0.40
6. Yandle 0.03

Yandle got pretty much the average amount of ice time at even strength. More minutes than any other D on the power play. His minutes took a hit because he almost never killed penalties which is pretty much because he's not a great defender. So when posters here say he was shortchanged on ice time---it's not really the case. AV simply sheltered him from the hardest defensive situations and made up for it by using him more on the power play.

Ex Officer Friendly

Got Nothin To Say
Apr 27, 2012
New York, NY
OK 1 point this post season. Let's throw 7m/7 yrs at him :shakehead

Lol he had 11 last post season which was tied for fourth on the team. I know it's convenient but we cannot ignore the fact that Yandle was 4th on the team in points for the entire season, and had the most assist in the team.

Mac n Gs

Gorton plz
Jan 17, 2014
He has a stalwart of a defensive partner to play with, but AV was too stubborn to take him out of the press box. We have very little puck-moving ability on the backend. That's Yandle's strong suit, along with the ability to qb a powerplay.

If they want to sign someone like Goligoski for less term and cap hit, fine, but can we please not act like we'll be perfectly fine by losing Yandle. Where is the offense coming from the backend if we're trotting out McDonagh, Klein, Staal, Girardi, McIlrath, and Skjei?

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland

He's got a single point and is a -4 in 5 playoff games this year. That in itself is disgusting plain and simple

He's got 31 points and a +2 in 51 games which is very average for an offensive dman

Please tell me what he has done that has you so impressed in big game situations?

It's incredibly shortsighted to make a decision on a player based on a single postseason series, particularly when the vast majority of the team was invisible. Honestly using a five game sample to reach a conclusion about anything is ridiculous.

I'm not really ready to even think about this team moving forward and don't have an opinion on Yandle at the moment, but I saw this post and felt compelled to comment.

Last edited:

Ail

Based and Rangerspilled.
Nov 13, 2009
Boomerville

rofl

His playoff performance this season is more of a reflection of this god awful team, than Yandle himself. Yandle could have been a PPG player and a +4, and the Rangers still probably would have lost to a BETTER TEAM.

NYR

Mar 1, 2002
LI
It's incredibly shortsighted to make a decision on a player based on a single postseason series, particularly when the vast majority of the team was invisible. Honestly using a five game sample to reach a conclusion about anything is ridiculous.

I'm not really ready to even think about this team moving forward and don't have an opinion on Yandle at the moment, but I saw this post and felt compelled to comment.

I'm not judging him based on just this playoff series. He's sucked defensively his entire career.

Speaking of ridiculous..I appreciate his assist totals but why is it that all you pro Yandle guys absolutely refuse to acknowledge his defensive deficiencies?

It's either..The sample size is too small or it was the rest of the team around him or some other kinda weak bs excuse. Some of you would actually blame the weather before giving Yandle his fair share of the criticism.

Yandle is the exact type of player this team should be avoiding IMO.

Give me a break

NYR

Mar 1, 2002
LI
31 points in 51 games, when the playoffs are actually lower scoring than the regular season is average.
U wot m8?

How does a dman score 31 points in 51 games and only have a +2?

Answer: It's because he completely abandoned his defensive responsibilities and gave up a **** ton of goals

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $1,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille