Player Discussion Keith Yandle: Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

Antoine Vermette

Jun 6, 2015
Obviously I'd love for us to extend him, but I just don't see us moving one of our anchors on the blueline for one reason or another. Whether it's their NMC's making them near impossible to move, or the fact that AV and possibly Gorton still value their "contributions" on the ice, I just don't see it happening for us. Hopefully McD is fine for the playoffs, because him being out long term puts the nail in the coffin for whatever faint hopes of winning we had this year.

DanielBrassard

It's all so tiresome
May 6, 2014
PA from SI
Don't understand the mindset that we keep him if McD is out long-term. If #27 is out we definitely aren't winning anyway.

Trade him.

Bleed Ranger Blue

Jul 18, 2006
I was on the fence regarding if they'd actually trade this guy, but now Im pretty convinced a "wait and see" approach is going to be adopted until July 1. This is thanks in large part to McDonagh's injury.

There is value in having Yandle for the playoff run but, come June, no cup and no resolution on Yandle's contract is going to be a very bad situation

Raspewtin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 30, 2013
And the fact that keeping Yandle cause McDonagh is hurt is the height of stupidity in the first place, we aren't winning **** if McDonagh is hurt in the playoffs.

Tawnos

A guy with a bass
Sep 10, 2004
Charlotte, NC
And the fact that keeping Yandle cause McDonagh is hurt is the height of stupidity in the first place, we aren't winning **** if McDonagh is hurt in the playoffs.

You keep Yandle to maintain your place in the standings. McDonagh will be back for the playoffs.

True Blue

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
You keep Yandle to maintain your place in the standings.
You keep Yandle if you truly believe you are a serious Cup contender. Keeping Yandle to maintain the status quo and be first or second round fodder is a foolish mismanagement of assets.

Inferno

Nov 27, 2005
Atlanta, GA
I sincerely doubt he's two months away if he was on the ice this morning.

Unless you are referencing his potential to get hurt as the season goes on...

totally serious question...how long was Zucc skating on his own for before we were knocked out? it seemed like he was on the ice all the time but wasnt playing...

cant really remember.

Mac n Gs

Gorton plz
Jan 17, 2014
You keep Yandle to maintain your place in the standings. McDonagh will be back for the playoffs.

Yes, but Yandle also outscored McDonagh in the playoffs last season (while having the separated shoulder), and so did Dan Boyle. Are we sure that a broken down Dan Boyle and Yandle replacement will help with our offensive output in the playoffs?

silverfish

got perma'd
Jun 24, 2008
under the bridge
totally serious question...how long was Zucc skating on his own for before we were knocked out? it seemed like he was on the ice all the time but wasnt playing...

cant really remember.

No clue. I have a hard time comparing the injuries, though. Both brain injuries, yeah, but Zucc's was to the absolute extreme.

BlueshirtBlitz

Foolish Samurai
Aug 2, 2010
New York
You keep Yandle because he's a stud on the right side of 30 for another year. If they can somehow replace Staal and G and have a d group fronted by McD, Yandle and McIlrath the Rangers look good.

Hi ImHFNYR

Jan 10, 2013
Wherever I'm standing atm
You keep Yandle if you truly believe you are a serious Cup contender. Keeping Yandle to maintain the status quo and be first or second round fodder is a foolish mismanagement of assets.

If we had never traded for Yandle to begin with (in combo with a few moves that easily should have been made) we might be cup contenders and continue to have very few holes for the next few years with Miller, Brass, Zuke, Duke, Hags, Step, Hayes, Lindberg, fast, kreider, nash (Buch next year?). Instead of Hags and Duke for the next few YEARS (again a combo of moves including the Yandle trade is involved here) we have a LD for our third pair for another few months :spud:

That's why I'm more than fine with trading him this year if it means arming our future so that 2 years from now we are on the cusp of another great wave of contention which really is not more than a player or two out of reach. If we trade him it has to be for a piece that helps. Can't say enough about how short sighted and idiotic that Yandle trade was.

If we re-sign Yandle that's great too but then Staal absolutely has to go which I'm fine with. Can't see how they can possibly fit both and keep all the forwards that they absolutely have to re-sign. Ultimately for age reasons I prefer Yandle just be traded and predict that if we do not trade him it will be an idiotic failure of epic proportions (as was the MSL trade and the Clowe trade...not as epic of a proportion for the last one). Though I'd love to be wrong

Last edited:

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
Anyway we can trade Nash and keep yandle? I mean is it impossible to get any western team to take Nash so we can keep a player we really need in yandle ?

Raspewtin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 30, 2013
Anyway we can trade Nash and keep yandle? I mean is it impossible to get any western team to take Nash so we can keep a player we really need in yandle ?

Trading Nash to keep Yandle would have the same effect as the inverse. No reason, would close the window just the same.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad