Confirmed with Link: Keegan Lowe re-signed for 2 years

Senor Catface

Jul 25, 2006
Lowe is here as an extra body or if he suddenly doubles in skill a 7/8. Jones or Lagesson as our 7/8 doesn't help the team or their development. The AHL would.

People look for every possible reason to **** on the org over any little thing.

I'm pretty surprised this even needs to be argued.

This is something a lot of teams do. They keep guys longer in camp when they know their career peak. In this case, Lowe peaked at a 7/8/9 guy so he's kept longer in case of injuries or just to get more guys in the rotations. He'll likely be one of the last guys cut for that reason.

Jumptheshark

Rebooting myself
Oct 12, 2003
Somewhere on Uranus
from what I have seen of him, he is a step slow and is slow to pick up the pass at the NHL and at 25 it is unlikely that he will suddenly find an extra gear and have a burst of hockey IQ--his play is more suited to the AHL

Stoneman89

Feb 8, 2008
Lowe is a depth defenseman, who will be in the minors, so if you can't be bothered with those, that's you're call I guess.

Too slow for the NHL game, so I'm not sure what kind of "depth" he provides. We already have dmen down there that need the ice time and a few have already surpassed him.

ardsa

Apr 9, 2012
Waived today. The discussion from last Tuesday when all of the cuts happened was moot. Thursday was the first day that players could be put on waivers. He did hang on for four extra days though. The Lowe house Sunday supper theory may be correct.

Ol' Jase

Steaming bowls of rich, creamy justice.
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2005
So a few more days of Lowe being on the roster opening day after he clears waivers and then this should be put to bed, right?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad