Confirmed with Link: Keegan Lowe re-signed for 2 years

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
why waste a spot on our 50 man reserve list for him is my question--even at the AHL level he is a fringe player

he should be on an AHL only deal
Eve at the AHL level he is fringe? The frick?
He is the only player on the entire team to have a double digit positive +/- at 14. Yes +/- isn't a be all stat but he is a good vet to have down there and wouldn't be a bad injury call up to have warm the bench so the actual prospects get playing time.

According to lots of people who watched our team down there, he was our best defender on the team.

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
sadly Mantha looks to be done due to injury
Except the last article I read about him said he isn't going to to let the injury derail him. Soderberg is legally blind in one eye since he was 21 and still plays. Mantha isn't done yet.

Reactions: ujju2

Burnt Biscuits

May 2, 2010
So I'm assuming this means we won't bring back Dillon Simpson. Also I don't have a problem giving Keegan a deal, he is a good AHL defender and reasonable depth for injury.
sadly Mantha looks to be done due to injury
He's got a harder road ahead of him than he had before, but he is resilient and seems to have his mind in the right place to try and battle this adversity.

Jumptheshark

Rebooting myself
Oct 12, 2003
Somewhere on Uranus
Jones and Mantha would have to take huge strides to get to Lowe’s level. Could happen but I don’t see it this year.

We also have Dillion Simpson running around as well and both are LHD

I have no problem signing him for the AHL--but give him an AHL contract and not an NHL contract that counts against our 50 contract limit

We have a discussion nearly every deadline where we talk about moves and we are at 48 to 49 contracts

this is type of signing that burns us then--Yes I realize this most of the time is just me--but I always looks at where we are in contracts and then look at the good teams and they mostley hang around the 45 contract level so have flexibility in contracts

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
Eve at the AHL level he is fringe? The frick?
He is the only player on the entire team to have a double digit positive +/- at 14. Yes +/- isn't a be all stat but he is a good vet to have down there and wouldn't be a bad injury call up to have warm the bench so the actual prospects get playing time.

According to lots of people who watched our team down there, he was our best defender on the team.

Hating on guys named Lowe is par for the course in this city but Keegan is a great AHL defenceman.

Spawn

Something in the water
Feb 20, 2006
Edmonton
why waste a spot on our 50 man reserve list for him is my question--even at the AHL level he is a fringe player

he should be on an AHL only deal
By most accounts he was the teams best defender down in the AHL all of last season. He doesn't have a future in the NHL, but its dishonest to call him a fringe AHLer.

Reactions: CycloneSweep

Jumptheshark

Rebooting myself
Oct 12, 2003
Somewhere on Uranus
By most accounts he was the teams best defender down in the AHL all of last season. He doesn't have a future in the NHL, but its dishonest to call him a fringe AHLer.

Going off the numbers I saw--while maybe dishonest to call him a fringe ahlers, but he wont be an NHLER and we just have him an NHL contract and if I am reading capfriendly correct a $200k signing bonus--not sure of that counts against the cap

nabob

Big Daddy Kane
Aug 3, 2005
HF boards
We also have Dillion Simpson running around as well and both are LHD

I have no problem signing him for the AHL--but give him an AHL contract and not an NHL contract that counts against our 50 contract limit

We have a discussion nearly every deadline where we talk about moves and we are at 48 to 49 contracts

this is type of signing that burns us then--Yes I realize this most of the time is just me--but I always looks at where we are in contracts and then look at the good teams and they mostley hang around the 45 contract level so have flexibility in contracts

Please tell me a single instance where having a very good AHL Dman signed against the 50 contract limit has burnt us? One single instance will do.

Del Preston

Mar 8, 2013
Going off the numbers I saw--while maybe dishonest to call him a fringe ahlers, but he wont be an NHLER and we just have him an NHL contract and if I am reading capfriendly correct a $200k signing bonus--not sure of that counts against the cap
He did not get a signing bonus.

Reactions: nabob

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
Please tell me a single instance where having a very good AHL Dman signed against the 50 contract limit has burnt us? One single instance will do.

We have so many contract spots open I honestly don’t see why people are so worked up over this

Reactions: nabob

MoneyGuy

Wandering
Oct 19, 2009
Haha, did someone actually compare the potential of Jones with that of Lowe. It might be an apt comparison now but Jones will outdistance Lowe before long.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad