Confirmed with Link: Keegan Lowe re-signed for 2 years

PBandJ

If it didn't happen in the 80's, it didn't happen
Jan 5, 2012
Edmonton, Alberta
Yes, all 33 games of Will Acton is all the proof we need to know Lowe is starting the year in Edmonton.

Again, the fact that you are penciling in Keegan Lowe on the opening night roster because he survived a round of cuts, with more to come says way, way more about your bias against his dad and far less of your objectivity of the player himself.

It is wildly well known that his performance last year in the AHL was very good. Hey, though, that doesn't count for anything because he struggled in his first game in months.

Nah, it says more about this org that anyone even thinks it's a possibility that he'll be on roster opening night.

PBandJ

Jan 5, 2012
Edmonton, Alberta
That's already been debunked.

He was the best defenseman on an AHL team last season.

Find a new angle.

Says more about the other defenceman than it does about Lowe.

Anyway, Jones came back and completely outplayed him, but he's off to Bako. As is Lagesson. So much for icing the best roster possible.

Ol' Jase

Steaming bowls of rich, creamy justice.
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2005
BC

Anyway, Jones came back and completely outplayed him, but he's off to Bako. As is Lagesson. So much for icing the best roster possible.

How many times does it have to be explained to you that the roster isn't finalized yet?

Reactions: CycloneSweep

McDNicks17

Jul 1, 2010
Ontario

There's 12 defenseman left at camp.

It shouldn't have to be explained that Lowe isn't going to make the NHL roster.

Reactions: CycloneSweep

PBandJ

Jan 5, 2012
Edmonton, Alberta
There's 12 defenseman left at camp.

It shouldn't have to be explained that Lowe isn't going to make the NHL roster.

If he's on the roster on opening day, I'm quoting this.

If he doesn't, I'll happily take the L, but I'm still not happy that no matter how hard guys like Jones and Lagesson work, they aren't going to get looked at.

Reactions: Oilers in NS

AM

Nov 22, 2004
Edmonton
"that no matter how hard guys like Jones and Lagesson work, they aren't going to get"

Youre right, it doenst matter how hard they work.

What matters is how well they work.

PBandJ

Jan 5, 2012
Edmonton, Alberta
"that no matter how hard guys like Jones and Lagesson work, they aren't going to get"

Youre right, it doenst matter how hard they work.

What matters is how well they work.

They were both better than Lowe, and they were both discarded.

Your post is irrelevant.

Ol' Jase

Steaming bowls of rich, creamy justice.
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2005
BC
If he's on the roster on opening day, I'm quoting this.

If he doesn't, I'll happily take the L, but I'm still not happy that no matter how hard guys like Jones and Lagesson work, they aren't going to get looked at.

They did get looked at, and are going to be looked at all season.

This line of thinking is very bizarre and really seems to be rooted in extreme bias against the player and nothing more.

PBandJ

Jan 5, 2012
Edmonton, Alberta
They did get looked at, and are going to be looked at all season.

This line of thinking is very bizarre and really seems to be rooted in extreme bias against the player and nothing more.

Whatever you say dude.

f*** me for wanting the best players to get the best looks instead of being sent to Bako while inferior players get the prime time.

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017

Lowe is here as an extra body or if he suddenly doubles in skill a 7/8. Jones or Lagesson as our 7/8 doesn't help the team or their development. The AHL would.

People look for every possible reason to shit on the org over any little thing.

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
Whatever you say dude.

**** me for wanting the best players to get the best looks instead of being sent to Bako while inferior players get the prime time.
Lowe getting 3rd pairing minutes in one pre season game and being a body at camp is prime time?

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
He's still in the show while better players are off to the minors.

It is what it is, I guess. The politics of hockey.
Or how about a bit of common sense?

Jones got sent down because he wasn't cracking the roster and they are starting up the AHL season and camp this year and wanted him to go down and get settled. Lowe is an AHL vet and he knows what playing down there all is. So they kept him up to round out the camp lineup .

f***ing all organizations do this. They need the bodies so they keep some AHL vets up.

Reactions: Frank the Tank

rboomercat90

Mar 24, 2013
Edmonton
He's still in the show while better players are off to the minors.

It is what it is, I guess. The politics of hockey.
The organization is trying to build two teams right now. The one in Edmonton and the one in Bakersfield. Neither Lagesson or Jones are making the Oilers so it makes more sense to have them, as younger players, in Bakersfield as early as possible to build team chemistry. Lowe, being a veteran won’t be hurt by being a spare part up here for a week longer, the organization is already comfortable with knowing what they’re going to get out of him.

Reactions: harpoon

Bank Shot

Jan 18, 2006
I swear the Oilers could rob Boston and get Debrusk and people would complain that we don't want him. He's related to an ex oiler!

So is Matt Benning.

I only care when a family connection is given unwarranted favoritism. There is no evidence that Matt Benning hasn't earned his place.

There is some evidence with Lowe. Mainly he's bad at hockey.

Reactions: McGhost Division

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
So is Matt Benning.

I only care when a family connection is given unwarranted favoritism. There is no evidence that Matt Benning hasn't earned his place.

There is some evidence with Lowe. Mainly he's bad at hockey.
He is a solid AHL defender and is good at the occasional press box warming as an extra defender. You know, what he has be used as for the Oilers.

Bank Shot

Jan 18, 2006
He is a solid AHL defender and is good at the occasional press box warming as an extra defender. You know, what he has be used as for the Oilers.

No way is he is a good pressbox D guy. Those guys need to be able to play the game at the NHL level in case of emergency.

They need an NHL tweener for that role. Not an AHL defenceman.

McDNicks17

Jul 1, 2010
Ontario
No way is he is a good pressbox D guy. Those guys need to be able to play the game at the NHL level in case of emergency.

And they have about four players that are exactly that ahead of him for that role...

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017

By that argument every team should have a third, NHL ready goalie sitting in the stands just in case of emergency. They don't, they have a nobody.

You want your guys who are needing to develop to get ice time.

Bank Shot

Jan 18, 2006
By that argument every team should have a third, NHL ready goalie sitting in the stands just in case of emergency. They don't, they have a nobody.

You want your guys who are needing to develop to get ice time.

That's not realistic. Most teams carry a third NHL calibre goalie in the minors though if they have to call a guy up. Edmonton didn't last year and got burned. They had to trade for Montoya mid season.

Right now the Oilers don't look like they will have an experienced NHL tweener in the minors on D. If Lowe is that guy, that is bad news.

iCanada

Feb 6, 2010
Edmonton
@nabob made this point in the oot thread yesterday. It’s sad but true.

I don't think that's true. Certainly we haven't had debrusk in front of a mic explaining that the team has two tiers of fans or running the team into the ground.

Its not that lowe is the son of lowe, its that he was hot garbage in his game and outplayed by two guys who are in okc right now.

Reactions: McGhost Division

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->