Confirmed with Link: Kassian Signs - 4 Years, 3.2M Per

SwedishFire

Mar 3, 2011
Two years left. I bet having a family makws Kassian playing a bit easier, wants to be dad.

But yes, if something is on the table - make that trade.

LTIR

Nov 8, 2013
Still think that the 500K per and 1 year too much was the right initial prediction by Cloned.
He would've easily gotten 2.5M+ x 3 in open market
Let's see how the other Holland signings come back to haunt us. Expecting 2 or 3 worse ones than this

Oil rise to the top

Jan 15, 2019
'berta
It's hit and miss for me on the salty side. I love it when it isn't salty, but still like it when it is.

I guess it depends on how much of that Mushroom sauce they're putting on. I guess I shouldnt be complaining about the saltiness considering I ask for extra of that stuff on my burger. IMO, DQ's still is better than Fatburger's version of the Mushroom Swiss

I was looking forward to making fun of tardigrade81's taste in DQ food but Unfortunately, he picked the one thing on the menu that is actually good. I digress

nturn06

Nov 9, 2017
I think that 3.2 mils per 4 years is fair... 3.2 mils in total for 4 years.

walktheboulavard

Jul 8, 2016
I was told by Ken Holland this guy was protected b/c he was drawing trade interest from other teams. Whatever the hell happened to that rumored Kassian for Jarry trade? Would really like a Jarry right now.

Jarry? Jarry who? Tristan Jarry? when was this rumor circulating? Actually not sure if I even want to know, Holland is encroaching Chia level bad.

Trafalgar Sadge Law

Nov 8, 2007
Jarry? Jarry who? Tristan Jarry? when was this rumor circulating? Actually not sure if I even want to know, Holland is encroaching Chia level bad.
Rumors were that Oilers were in talks to trade Kassian for an Eastern goalie (Jarry and Georgiev were allegedly the targets) but a week later we ended up with f***ing Smith+Koskinen again.

Reactions: PostBradMalone

walktheboulavard

Jul 8, 2016
Rumors were that Oilers were in talks to trade Kassian for an Eastern goalie (Jarry and Georgiev were allegedly the targets) but a week later we ended up with f***ing Smith+Koskinen again.

That's brutal. Imagine almost acquiring Tristan Jarry for Kassian, defeat from the jaws of victory again.

Oh well. Would be nice if Holland could trick San Jose to take him for Evander Kane.

KeithIsActuallyBad

You thrust your pelvis, huh!
Apr 12, 2010
Calgary
So not even halfway through this contract and we're thinking about a possible buyout because Kassian looks absolutely done as an NHL player. Maybe he's hurt or there's something going on behind the scenes, but being demoted and even scratched hasn't woken him up.

Don't. Sign. Depth. Players. To. Term.

Raekwon

Nov 28, 2011
If Ken can't move him this summer, a buyout is a must. Imagine keeping him on the roster and potentially losing a player like yam/pulj/etc

yakcity1064

Sep 7, 2016
Definitely moveable, maybe with a sweetener. Theres value around the league in toughness and despite what we see now, the guy has a reputation and someone would take a shot at him for free. I'd put foegele in the same category of dead weight that should be cap casualty. 3M a year 4th liner that isn't tough, doesn't play on either special team. Have lots of young cheap wing prospects coming up, and some important pieces to hold on to this summer. 91, 13, 56, 71 > 44 + 37 .

Chet Manley

Apr 15, 2007
Regina, SK
Those 2 suspensions around the time of this signing really seemed to cause him to nose dive as a player. Or maybe those suspensions were just the tip of an iceberg. Or the contract itself triggered the downturn. Hard to tell what flipped the switch.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad