TSN: Kassian for Scrivens

Cole Caulifield

Apr 22, 2004
Why are people freaking out as if MB said this was the trade hat fixes everything. Clearly this is just to get rid of Kassian. Stop freaking out!!!!

There are 4 types of posters in this thread :

1. Those who can see this trade for what it is independently from the bad slump we're in. Some like that we made lemonades with lemons, some think we would have been better off keeping Kassian because they either like Kassian or don't like Scrivens, or a mix of both.

2. Those who stayed up last night expecting a big trade because of the cancelled practice this morning and the Barberio call up and who are now disappointed that it was not the big trade they were expecting.

3. Those who can't accept that a GM can make a small move during a slump instead of pulling a blockbuster and think MB thinks this trade will fix all of our problems.

4. Those who view everything in MT colored lenses and desperately want to link MT to this trade for whatever reasons they have.

Aug 25, 2009
éal
TAKE IT FOR WHAT ITS WORTH

but I had a dream we dealt Tinordi to Washington for a 4th, Matt Bradley and Calle Johansson

Again take it with a grain of salt but it was a really vivid dream

hersky77

Oct 29, 2007
I'm not saying he's a victim. I'm saying, if he was more established in the league they would have let it slide. Look at P.Kane and what happened this off-season. They didn't even consider sitting him.

He lied straight to bergevins face. He said he would get his act straight, and then on his first day off after training camp he goes out and does what he said he wouldn't do. Good riddance

Wats

Error 520
Mar 8, 2006
One was waived for bad play, the other was for baggage. My money's on the baggage player who went through rehab to do well over the bad player.

Habaneros

Habs Cup champs 2010
Oct 31, 2011
They traded Thomas for singing happy birthday to Nathan with the help of some young women and sat Nate down for a game because he is trying to live a normal life. They must have hated Prust with a passion and look at the mess they created and got us nowhere.

How did Thomas get here? Danny Kristo who at 25 is yet to play 1 NHL game.No one should be to upset over Thomas getting traded.;)
At this point we could have ended up with a bust in Kristo,but Lucas Lessio already got more points than Kristo ever will in the NHL.
Lessio is better than Thomas.

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
Why are people freaking out as if MB said this was the trade hat fixes everything. Clearly this is just to get rid of Kassian. Stop freaking out!!!!

We've needed a RW since last season, he decided to go with two reclamation projects in Semin and Kassian, who many didn't believe in and still wanted more security.
We have scored more than 2 goals only once in the past full month. The depth guys and rookies are scoring, it's the main guys that aren't. Is Scrivens going to win us 1-0 and 2-1 games? I don't think so other than perhaps an odd one here and there.

So people are getting fed up with these rather useless moves.

Habs100

Nov 6, 2013
Dennis Bernstein from the 4th period, who writes out of LA, was saying he likes Scrivens. He said he was good behind a good defense. He was good in LA. Bad in Edmonton because of their defense. Same problem behind Oiler's AHL d corps.

Stan

Mar 20, 2005
I don't like how they handled the kassian situation. I wanted them to give the guy another chance and see if he could help the team.....instead we gave him away. I agree with the sentiment that this isn't a character move by the organization. Maybe they know something we don't.

As for people losing their **** over adding scrivens.....I don't know. He was a really good backup in Toronto before the wheels fell off in edmonton. In his defence, that team was a disaster to walk into. The same thing has happened to talbot. Maybe he's able to find his game again. If he does, he'll be a nice upgrade over what we have now. I trust Waite.

Habsawce

Nov 16, 2010
Canada
He lied straight to bergevins face. He said he would get his act straight, and then on his first day off after training camp he goes out and does what he said he wouldn't do. Good riddance

Yeah because people don't lie. He has an addiction issue, just like many people in this world. There are labour laws in the real world for a reason, so you can't toss people aside that need help.

Yet, it's ok for him to go to rehab and then get tossed aside. But that's not my point. My point is, if he was a star player they would do everything in their power to help him but because he isn't, they don't care.

Think about if Price was in that truck when he was younger. They would have done everything they could to cover it up and protect the player. Instead, they used it as an excuse to further this agenda of character and accountability that they don't even hold the leader/coach to. It's a joke, and this management and coaching is to blame.

Bob b smith

Jan 14, 2007

1. Those who can see this trade for what it is independently from the bad slump we're in. Some like that we made lemonades with lemons, some think we would have been better off keeping Kassian because they either like Kassian or don't like Scrivens, or a mix of both.

2. Those who stayed up last night expecting a big trade because of the cancelled practice this morning and the Barberio call up and who are now disappointed that it was not the big trade they were expecting.

3. Those who can't accept that a GM can make a small move during a slump instead of pulling a blockbuster.

4. Those who view everything in MT colored lenses and desperately want to link MT to this trade for whatever reasons they have.

5. Those that clap every bowel movement from Therrien/Bergevin like if it was coming from a 2 year old.

OnTheRun

/dev/null
May 17, 2014
One was waived for bad play, the other was for baggage. My money's on the baggage player who went through rehab to do well over the bad player.

Is that a bet to know who's going to have a better career in Europe?

Jamie Thomas

Apr 4, 2003

3. Those who can't accept that a GM can make a small move during a slump instead of pulling a blockbuster and think MB thinks this trade will fix all of our problems.

I tihnk you forgot a 5th type.

5.Those who say they are done in a thread and still posting in it.

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah

5. Those who are tired of reclamation projects.
6. Those who think goaltending wasn't our primary concern.
7. Those who are indifferent to this trade, but still disappointed nothing has been down about us scoring more than 2 goals once in a full month.

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006
TAKE IT FOR WHAT ITS WORTH

but I had a dream we dealt Tinordi to Washington for a 4th, Matt Bradley and Calle Johansson

Again take it with a grain of salt but it was a really vivid dream

Yeah quite the vivid dream since Bradley hasn't played in the NHL for like 5 years and Calle Johansson retired during the lockout.

LaP

Jun 27, 2012
Quebec City, Canada
5. Those that clap every bowel movement from Therrien/Bergevin like if it was coming from a 2 year old.

6. Those who don't care about this "trade" (it's not a trade just getting rid of Kassian) but care that both Kassian and Semin failed without playing 10 games in a top 6 role.

That's failure beyond something that you can reasonably expect from an NHL caliber DG. People can say it's players fault but someone chose those players. Right now we need to score goals and we have no NHL caliber option. If MB takes too much time to solve this issue there might not be any playoffs this year in Montreal.

hersky77

Oct 29, 2007
I'm pretty sure that he was a GM for 5 of them. Could be wrong though.

It was three actually my bad. Nash no, Gaborik no, kovalchuck got traded in 2009, hossa signed with Chicago when Bergevin was there.

And really do you think Boston or Ottawa was trading within the division.

The price for saad was galchenyuk who in my eyes is better.

Yes he should have gone after sharp in hindsight.

The1Prodigy1

May 20, 2013
Boston would have never traded Seguin to the Habs. Same with Ottawa and Spezza. Petry is better than Oduya.

Sharp surprises me though. That was a player I figured MB would be all over.

Just like BOS and TOr would never trade with eachother right? #NoExcuses

WG

Sep 9, 2008
Taking on Khudobin AND keeping Kassian would have meant a bigger use of cap space limiting our possible trade options at the deadline.

I'd argue that having both assets would be more valuable than having a goalie and not having ZK plus the cap space.

Could also have picked up Ortio at $600K and still had ZK plus another meh goalie for the rotation.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad