TSN: Kassian for Scrivens

Stan

Mar 20, 2005
Bergevin was the gm when two of those players were traded. Count em two.

The only player I would take right now is sequin.....and Boston wasn't trading him to Mtl. Just stop including him in the discussion. Same with spezza (who I despise as a hockey player).

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
It was three actually my bad. Nash no, Gaborik no, kovalchuck got traded in 2009, hossa signed with Chicago when Bergevin was there.

And really do you think Boston or Ottawa was trading within the division.

The price for saad was galchenyuk who in my eyes is better.

Yes he should have gone after sharp in hindsight.

My point is you can't say top 6 players don't get traded. They get traded all the time. It's just excuses for MB and MT.

Habsawce

Nov 16, 2010
Canada
It was three actually my bad. Nash no, Gaborik no, kovalchuck got traded in 2009, hossa signed with Chicago when Bergevin was there.

Gaborik went to LA the year they won their second cup. Wasn't that like 2013?

The1Prodigy1

May 20, 2013

Sharp,
Seguin,
Oshie,
Spezza,
Saad,
E.Kane

Thats 6 in 3/4 years... And BS with Sens and BOS not trading with US... TOR ans BOS made 2 huge deals with eachother #NoExcuses

malton

Feb 17, 2009
Would rather have kept Kassian and allowed him to raise his value or contribute to the team.

We gain nothing from moving a player of his potential for a terrible NHL goalie.

hersky77

Oct 29, 2007
My point is you can't say top 6 players don't get traded. They get traded all the time. It's just excuses for MB and MT.

Yes in hindsight he should have gone after sharp or oshie.

But would you have considered any of those guys top six players last year.

Saad was the only one, in which they wanted chucky, but chucky is a better player

The1Prodigy1

May 20, 2013
Yup, Toronto and Boston is the same as Montreal and Boston. Also I guess you want to trade Galchenyuk to Toronto for two firsts? That's the equivalent to the Kessel trade.

No I wanted us to give Pleckanec + other crap for Seguin just like the stars did. Or like Caps gave to thé blues for Oshie or what Stars gave to Hawks for Sharp... Thé list goes on.

Also, if Chucky brings us2 top 5 pick, I would do it in à heartbeat.

Stan

Mar 20, 2005
Sharp,
Seguin,
Oshie,
Spezza,
Saad,
E.Kane

Thats 6 in 3/4 years... And BS with Sens and BOS not trading with US... TOR ans BOS made 2 huge deals with eachother #NoExcuses

Has the trade deadline passed without me realizing it?

Bob b smith

Jan 14, 2007
I'm honestly not even sure if Scrivens is a better goalie than Tokarski. Is it really an upgrade?

Oilers being the second team I follow the most, I can tell you I would never trade Tokarski for Scrivens straight up. He easily surpasses Tokarski for back breaking piss poor goals.

BTW thank you to Oilers fans coming to massage our egos in this thread. We take it for what it is.

The1Prodigy1

May 20, 2013

Saad was the only one, in which they wanted chucky, but chucky is a better player

Lol what... Sharp and Oshie were top 6 players for à while in thé NHL. Were you living jnder à rock?

LaP

Jun 27, 2012
Quebec City, Canada
I think he is. I think scrivens can get his game together. He was very good in LA and Toronto in that role.

He played 19 games in LA which means Quick was not injured for a long period of time. Budaj was doing very well here until Price got injured and Budaj had to play many games in a row..

Jamie Thomas

Apr 4, 2003
I think he is. I think scrivens can get his game together. He was very good in LA and Toronto in that role.

Maybe it was a question of confidence but I saw Scrivens play many game for his last NHL team and there were a lot of weak goals there. Defense was not helping for sure but he was given a real chance and he totally blew it. We will have to see I guess.

The1Prodigy1

May 20, 2013
Has the trade deadline passed without me realizing it?

No but we've been saying that for 3/4 years... Also, we can be out of playoffs spot à soon as thé other teams played as much as us... At what point do you trade? Waiting till Price or thé deadline might be too little too late

hersky77

Oct 29, 2007
Lol what... Sharp and Oshie were top 6 players for à while in thé NHL. Were you living jnder à rock?

Pretty sure I said last year, the year they were both being shopped. But take my post out of context if you wish.

And I'm pretty sure I said after he still should have gone after them. Again taking my post out of context.

LaP

Jun 27, 2012
Quebec City, Canada

You don't know they really wanted chucky. They did not get a chucky from Columbus btw.

What you ask and what you expect in a negotiation is 2 different things. You always ask more than what you realistically expect just in case you have a Houle in front of you.

I highly doubt Chicago realistically expected to get a top 3 draft pick for Saad. Their DG is too good to be that dumb.

Ice Poutine

LA POUTINE IS BACK!
Feb 18, 2006
ON MY CHAIR
Therrien will surprise the hockey world and put Scrivens in his line up as a right winger.
He'll score over 50 goals this season and lead us to a Stanley Cup win !!
Book it!:yo:

Stan

Mar 20, 2005
Yeah....the one player we could have gotten is Sharp. I personally thought he was done....but in retrospect, he would have been a nice add. We didn't have a package to get Oshie. He was another one I'd have liked....but I realize we weren't a fit. Sharp was a missed opportunity though

Habaneros

Habs Cup champs 2010
Oct 31, 2011
I'm honestly not even sure if Scrivens is a better goalie than Tokarski. Is it really an upgrade?

Scrivens is better than most here give him credit for ...

I mean the guy did play for Team Canada for a few games and holds the NHL record for most stops in a regulation shutout win 59, i watched that game.

What i want to know is the status of Price....because if Scrivens is here to play us down the stretch ,i would rather tank for the pick.

The1Prodigy1

May 20, 2013
Pretty sure I said last year, the year they were both being shopped. But take my post out of context if you wish.

And I'm pretty sure I said after he still should have gone after them. Again taking my post out of context.

Sharp had 43 points in 68 games and 15 points in 23 playoffs game.
Oshie had 55 points in 72 games.
Those are last years stats. So yes LAST YEAR they werre consideres top 6. I am not taking anything out if context.

Also à good GM doesnt base of obly 1 year but a career in général especially in thé case of Oshie

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad