TSN: Kassian for Scrivens

sheed36

Jan 8, 2005
No Man's Land
So Scrivens is a RW and can score right ?

MB's moves for Briere, PAP, Semin, and Kassian have been busts so why not give him a shot. Can't be any worse than what he's tried before. :)

MB's good at finding 4th liners and depth dmen but hasn't been able to add an impact top 6 forward with term left on his contract since he's been the Habs GM. The core of this current Habs team was pretty much inherited by MB and he hasn't added to it in his time here. Petry was a great add and he lucked into Galchenyuk but other than that what impact player has MB added to his current team?

Whenever I read others saying MB was overrated I didn't agree with them but looking at what he's really done since he's been here I can somewhat agree with where they're coming from now.

Capitano

Jul 14, 2003
Visit site
Can't stop the bleeding while scoring 1 goal a game.

THIS 1000x

Goaltending has not been our problem during this slump...we can't score. We are just too predictable out there. It's the same crap we saw in the playoffs last year. Not enough talent on this team, but our coach doesn't like talented players anyway so who cares.

I had hopes for this year to possibly STEAL a cup because it felt like it was wide open in the East at least...but not now...we have zero chance at making noise this year.

Habaneros

Habs Cup champs 2010
Oct 31, 2011
Bergevin's hands were tied. Nobody sniffed around Kassian when on waivers - who would?
Kassian could very well go on to a successful career.

But you cannot pull what he pulled in the fishbowl that is Montreal and think you will get another chance.

Drunk, in an accident with minors in a vehicle owned/licensed TO PEOPLE WITH MOB CONNECTIONS.
Let that sink in for a bit.....

Agree prairie hab,

The Montreal Canadiens is a valuable respected brand,and the players represent the brand.
When you wear a hat of a dealership in front of the TV cameras right in the Habs dressing room
of a car dealer with past mob ties?

This hat you wear is promoting a dealership that was charged and convicted by the RCMP
of a 6 million dollar fraud ...and then you go get in a accident in a truck linked to the same dealership.

I would think Molson would want to distance himself far away from this .....and why no second chance was given .

Last edited:

Capitano

Jul 14, 2003
Visit site
MB's moves for Briere, PAP, Semin, and Kassian have been busts so why not give him a shot. Can't be any worse than what he's tried before. :)

MB's good at finding 4th liners and depth dmen but hasn't been able to add an impact top 6 forward with term left on his contract since he's been the Habs GM. The core of this current Habs team was pretty much inherited by MB and he hasn't added to it in his time here. Petry was a great add and he lucked into Galchenyuk but other than that what impact player has MB added to his current team?

Whenever I read others saying MB was overrated I didn't agree with them but looking at what he's really done since he's been here I can somewhat agree with where they're coming from now.

Gotta give up something good to get something good...he should have traded Pleks and Markov 2 years ago. We'll see the same disappearing act from BOTH of those guys IF we make the playoffs this year. But it's too late now...we're going nowhere.

Dannyhab

Feb 5, 2010
Why are people freaking out as if MB said this was the trade hat fixes everything. Clearly this is just to get rid of Kassian. Stop freaking out!!!!

prairie hab

Jul 4, 2007
SK
Full blown panic mode in Montreal. Bunch of amateurs :facepalm:

No.

Full blown panic mode would be trading Galchenyuk for the likes of a Simmonds, or a Subban for RNH/Eberle.

I trust our management will not be doing that regardless of the full on demands of the radical portion of the fanbase who wants fo make trades for the sake of making trades.
This team is in a position of weakness from the trading perspective. Time to figure things out internally. No saviours are up for sale unfortunately....

Habsawce

Nov 16, 2010
Canada
Why are people freaking out as if MB said this was the trade hat fixes everything. Clearly this is just to get rid of Kassian. Stop freaking out!!!!

No one gives a **** about Scrivens. It's more of a fact that they traded from a MASSIVE weakness and added something that does not much. The fact that they traded him because he got caught drunk in a car accident (he wasn't even driving) is hilarious. This is the NHL where young men have millions and this stuff happens all the time. Kassian could have helped this team, and he wasn't even given a shot. Same with Semin.

Therrien is a joke and Bergevin is not helping.

OldCraig71

Feb 2, 2009
No one cares
We don't need a new coach
We don't need scoring
We don't need talent

We just need more of an AHL presence in a league dominated by NHLers. Bergevin is a shrewd shrewd man.:yo:

Draft

Jan 23, 2013
I would have rather have kept Kassian. This is directly pandering to MT's 'need' for a 'better' goalie. Scrivens is honestly horrible, he's not going to make the team better.

SnapVirus

Jul 16, 2010
Mtl., QC.
Patrick Sharp
Jason Spezza
Tyler Seguin
Johnny Oduya

Vs

Jeff Petry
Dale Weise
Tom Gilbert
Torrey Mitchell

Our 4 best additions vs James Nill best additions. Both have been the same time on the job. James Nill was interviewed by Molson. But he doesnt speak french.

prairie hab

Jul 4, 2007
SK
no one gives a **** about scrivens. It's more of a fact that they traded from a massive weakness and added something that does not much. The fact that they traded him because he got caught drunk in a car accident (he wasn't even driving) is hilarious. This is the nhl where young men have millions and this stuff happens all the time. Kassian could have helped this team, and he wasn't even given a shot. Same with semin.

Therrien is a joke and bergevin is not helping.

just quit already!

Everyone is making out kassian as the victim here. He is 100% accountable for what has transpired.

Habsawce

Nov 16, 2010
Canada
Patrick Sharp
Jason Spezza
Tyler Seguin
Johnny Oduya

Vs

Jeff Petry
Dale Weise
Tom Gilbert
Torrey Mitchell

Our 4 best additions vs James Nill best additions. Both have been the same time on the job.

Gilbert was signed as a FA, a little different than the Nill trades. I would switch him for Smith-Pelly :laugh:

wolfinhabsclothing

Aug 18, 2008
Good lord, people are dense. The Habs did not get Scrivens to replace Price; they got him to replace Tokarski who clearly can't play in the NHL anymore, and spell Condon, who can't play game after game. If Price was gone for the year they would be shopping for more than Scrivens. Also, they didn't trade Guy Lafleur... [mod]

People don't get it. Kassian is not wanted in the room. [mod]

Last edited by a moderator:

habfaninvictoria

Nov 1, 2007
Victoria BC
This is the best team we've had in over twenty years and we are pissing it away. The time for trying is over.

Yoda-Do-or-Do-Not.jpg

It's sad that this is the best team we've had in twenty years. We've got the right ingredients to be sure (when we're healthy), but if those ingredients are misused or used too much you can wreck a perfectly good meal. That's what's happening right now.

This is a HORRIBLE trade. He traded FOR Kassian knowing full well he was a basket case. It shouldn't have been a surprise when he spiralled. If you want to talk about character, which MB loves to do, watch what happens when there is adversity.

Here's the character I've seen from the leadership of this team during the losing streak and regarding the Kassian situation.

MT. He reacted to the first signs of a problem poorly. We'll never know what happened in the room on Dec 2, when, without Price or Gallagher we dominated Washington and got "Priced" by Holtby... but the boyz started gripping their sticks tighter at that exact moment. With each successive injury he put more and more players into roles they weren't comfortable with and then stapled them to the bench when they failed... except one ... DD. He's since blamed goaltending for our woes ... Sorry MT, your inability to manage when not given the exact right pieces is the reason for our slide. Blaming goalies or players shows absolutely no character. Character would be standing in front of the cameras and saying that you need to find ways to solve our slide. Character would be going to the GM and saying, let's give Kassian a chance to show his character. MT is in ass covering mode right now.... complete lack of character.

MB. It's the coaches job to coach ... but the assets are MB's. Jared Tinordi is one of those assets and how MB has allowed MT to use that asset is deplorable. Either you think he's an NHL player or not. If you believe not ... trade him. We got 30 games in before Tinner got a game, that's brutal ... That kid BTW has some character ... didn't hear anything that resembled *****ing from him. Semin, again you knew what was coming when you got him ... I don't think he belongs here, but you never gave him a chance to show his character, you allowed MT to set him up for failure, which happened. Kassian ... see above ... MB you like to talk about character, you've failed for me in that regard with Kassian and Semin. Two NHL RW that could potentially help us right now. If the only reason they are gone is because you think they'll hurt the room ... imagine what type of message you've just sent to the room. I didn't hear you once say that you made a mistake in acquiring either of them. You laid the blame at their feet. You hold some of that blame too. You knew exactly what you were getting with both of them, yet did nothing to try an mitigate these eventual outcomes. At the very least you needed to allow Kassian the opportunity to show that he had character.

Habsawce

Nov 16, 2010
Canada
just quit already!

Everyone is making out kassian as the victim here. He is 100% accountable for what has transpired.

I'm not saying he's a victim. I'm saying, if he was more established in the league they would have let it slide. Look at P.Kane and what happened this off-season. They didn't even consider sitting him.

OldCraig71

Feb 2, 2009
No one cares
No one gives a **** about Scrivens. It's more of a fact that they traded from a MASSIVE weakness and added something that does not much. The fact that they traded him because he got caught drunk in a car accident (he wasn't even driving) is hilarious. This is the NHL where young men have millions and this stuff happens all the time. Kassian could have helped this team, and he wasn't even given a shot. Same with Semin.

Therrien is a joke and Bergevin is not helping.

They traded Thomas for singing happy birthday to Nathan with the help of some young women and sat Nate down for a game because he is trying to live a normal life. They must have hated Prust with a passion and look at the mess they created and got us nowhere.

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006
Well I think Condon has been good enough to keep the team in the game, but he never had the goal support, so it catches up.

He was clearly getting tired until they caved and used Tokarski. Switching between the two from game to game doesn't help either. Scrivens should solidify that a bit, hopefully.

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006
Patrick Sharp
Jason Spezza
Tyler Seguin
Johnny Oduya

Vs

Jeff Petry
Dale Weise
Tom Gilbert
Torrey Mitchell

Our 4 best additions vs James Nill best additions. Both have been the same time on the job. James Nill was interviewed by Molson. But he doesnt speak french.

Boston would have never traded Seguin to the Habs. Same with Ottawa and Spezza. Petry is better than Oduya.

Sharp surprises me though. That was a player I figured MB would be all over.

Habsawce

Nov 16, 2010
Canada
They traded Thomas for singing happy birthday to Nathan with the help of some young women and sat Nate down for a game because he is trying to live a normal life. They must have hated Prust with a passion and look at the mess they created and got us nowhere.

Sounds like they'd rather pander to their egos than win. It's no wonder Pacioretty is the captain, he's boring as ****.

The1Prodigy1

May 20, 2013
Boston would have never traded Seguin to the Habs. Same with Ottawa and Spezza. Petry is better than Oduya.

Sharp surprises me though. That was a player I figured MB would be all over.

Bergevin "This isnt NHL 16 where top players are available".
The following week, Sharp and Oshie gets traded....

Bob b smith

Jan 14, 2007
oh ****. What's Therrien going to say? He was crying about Condon that had .015 SV% more and 1GAA less playing against actual real NHL players...

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad