Post-Game Talk: Kasperi "Fastest Player On Earth" Kapanen with 2 | Leafs 4 Kings 1 (Matthews doesnt score ~ bust)

Status
Not open for further replies.

hector morrison

Apr 1, 2018
Dermott & Oz played really well.

Kadri Brown & Lindholm impressive. Their best game so far. Only a matter of time before they start to score as well.

Sparks proved his doubters wrong tonight

Matty with another 2 points. Doughty had not given up a 5v5 goal this year and we burned him twice tonight.
Sparks isn't out of the woods yet...that was a lousy lookin' Kings team. Will hopefully help build confidence though,aas he still seemed shaky to me!

Havoc

Jul 25, 2009
The doubters pre-decided he'd have another bad game tonight based on the last game. He proved them wrong.

I mean, I'm all for cheering for Sparks, but was he really tested tonight?

This is a step in the right direction for sure but hardly enough to make people lose all doubt.

Trapper

Nov 21, 2013
Thats the eventual goal. Think Dermott and Oz got a nice bump as they have been jelling well and the other guys have played a lot of hockey lately.
Still like an eventual permanent partner for Rielly over Hainsey.

hotpaws

Nov 21, 2009
far from our best game but we're on a roll and when you can score it covers up a lot of problems

anyway we got to keep winning to stay ahead of the Habs , i didn't think i'd be saying that this year , lol

Reactions: Blanche Blanche

Cpt Maple Leaf

Jul 19, 2009
Not a great game but having said that without the refs the Kings don't even get a sniff in this one.
I cannot see how you can say that was not a great game. There was a bit of a lull in the second but everyone, yes everyone had a great effort and played well. To see the looks with Shanny, Dubas and company says it all. Very satisfied with the win.

Gallagbi

Formerly Eazy_B97
Jul 5, 2005

This is a step in the right direction for sure but hardly enough to make people lose all doubt.
He was definitely tested in the second period. We could have easily been down going in to the third.

Reactions: weems

Suntouchable13

Dec 20, 2003
Toronto, ON

But people needed to relax from the get go. We are not going to lose a bunch of points because of him. 2 starts, 2 wins. To me, so far so good.

Reactions: willmma

HC7

May 2, 2018
Leafs absolutely dumped on the Kings. Last 10 min they played some of the best defensive hockey I've seen from this year in a decade.

Solid D passes, no forces, kept possession, no mistakes, got pucks deep, and no good chances against.

Unbelievable game, utter domination.

thunder16

Nov 18, 2017
Yeah. I also wonder if Doughty has any comments about his game today. He got burned left right and center by Kap and Matty.

Did you see him shaking his head back to the bench on Marners goal??? How could this happen?? this is the Leafs> lololo. should have signed with the Leafs Doughty.

2 Slick

Oct 23, 2017
Toronto, Ontario
I love that Sparks made me eat my words tonight. I'm still not sold on him yet, but that's a me problem. I hope he continues to do well at the NHL level.

Kapanen on Matthews wing is working out beautifully. He's at just over a point per game pace. So, I say this with much love to Nylander, but thank you for being absolutely stubborn and letting us see how Kapanen is developing quite nicely. Not getting your 8 million plus a season. Not even getting 7 million.. not with the Leafs he won't.

Another one for the good guys.

Reactions: stakesishigh

sxvnert

Nov 23, 2015
Kap has 8 points in his last 5 games.

He should be a permanent fixture on that top line whether Willy comes back or not. Babs can load up the top two lines.

Kappy Mat Nylander
Marleau Tavares Marner
Johnsson Kadri Hyman
Lindholm Goat Brown

HamiltonNHL

Parity era hockey is just puck luck + draft luck
Jan 4, 2012
1DADD799-9B8C-4207-8951-5C32769EC9F0.jpeg

Like the Leaderboard !

CBinTokyo

Jan 15, 2013
Tokyo
Matthews knows that if he scores every single game he'll have a hard time getting his more assists than goals, so he figured tonight he'd just grab a couple of apples.

HC7

May 2, 2018
Sparks played a good game, credit to him. I'm not changing my opinion though. Any half decent chance the Kings got he was all over the place. Try swimming against Boston, Tampa, or Pittsburgh. That shit wont fly. They make 1 pass and you look like a clown.

frizzer1

Oct 19, 2013
I'm still not sold on Oz.....puckhandling may be an issue..we shall see..
Sparks has not yet shown that he is an NHL goalie..one game means nothing.
Dermott is very smart.....should be on the top 4 imo..
Marleau is basically a passenger...( but he does stand in front of the net ,which seems to be very important to a lot of posters here).
If they are going to use Lindholm on the wing I would like to see him replace marleau....but babcock will never take him off that line.
Kapanen got his chance only because Nylander is not here........Babcock is doing the same thing with Johnsson..
We will never know whether a different winger for Tavares/Marner would be an improvement or not because babcock will never ever ever try it.
Just my opinions...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad