Post-Game Talk: Kasperi "Fastest Player On Earth" Kapanen with 2 | Leafs 4 Kings 1 (Matthews doesnt score ~ bust)

Status
Not open for further replies.

hotpaws

Nov 21, 2009
I mean, I'm all for cheering for Sparks, but was he really tested tonight?

This is a step in the right direction for sure but hardly enough to make people lose all doubt.
very little and by a team having a hard time scoring and who's pp is ticking along at a sizzling 0.0 %

hopefully this boosts his confidence but i really don't like his style of play , it looks like he makes himself small and is always on his knees as well as very scrambly

Reactions: Havoc and NiftyMits

thunder16

Nov 18, 2017
far from our best game but we're on a roll and when you can score it covers up a lot of problems

anyway we got to keep winning to stay ahead of the Habs lol , i didn't think i'd be saying that this year

You forgot the Leafs only let in ! count it, one goal!

Jimmy Firecracker

Fire Sheldon.
Mar 30, 2010
Mississauga
Anyone catch the voice-over during the beginning montage of the game. "The Kings look to keep up in the tough Western Conference" or something like that.

They must mean physically I guess. The West hasn't been the best conference (not that it matters all that much) for three years.

thunder16

Nov 18, 2017
I'm still not sold on Oz.....puckhandling may be an issue..we shall see..
Sparks has not yet shown that he is an NHL goalie..one game means nothing.
Dermott is very smart.....should be on the top 4 imo..
Marleau is basically a passenger...( but he does stand in front of the net ,which seems to be very important to a lot of posters here).
If they are going to use Lindholm on the wing I would like to see him replace marleau....but babcock will never take him off that line.
Kapanen got his chance only because Nylander is not here........Babcock is doing the same thing with Johnsson..
We will never know whether a different winger for Tavares/Marner would be an improvement or not because babcock will never ever ever try it.
Just my opinions...

LOL..too many complants by you in a decisive win!

Jimmy Firecracker

Fire Sheldon.
Mar 30, 2010
Mississauga
So Andersen is starting Thursday. Whew.

I wonder if there actually was a knee issue or if they just wanted to justify starting Sparks tonight? Seems pretty unnecessary if the latter.

Cleetus

"snot"
Jan 2, 2012
North!
Big Win, 6-1 what a start! thought our 3rd and 4th line played well tonight, as well as our top 2, good times!

Faltorvo

Feb 18, 2008
I love that Sparks made me eat my words tonight. I'm still not sold on him yet, but that's a me problem. I hope he continues to do well at the NHL level.

Kapanen on Matthews wing is working out beautifully. He's at just over a point per game pace. So, I say this with much love to Nylander, but thank you for being absolutely stubborn and letting us see how Kapanen is developing quite nicely. Not getting your 8 million plus a season. Not even getting 7 million.. not with the Leafs he won't.

Another one for the good guys.
OK NOW<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<get this

kappy 4 goals 8 points in 5 games since being moved to mattys line

melander who????

Reactions: Al14

NightTrain1

Oct 20, 2013
I guess Willy goes with Kadri when he comes back?

353.gif

56 Years No Cup

New and Improved Username!
Nov 12, 2007
Game Grades

A+: Sparks. Yup, I said it.
A: Oz, Dermott, Kappy, Lindholm
B: Hainsey, Reilly, Matthews, Kadri, Brown, Goat, Leivo,
C: Marleau, Zaits, Gardiner, Tavares, Marner, Hyman
D: None
I: Johnsson
WTF: What Willie is saying to Gross on the phone at this exact moment.

Reactions: nobody

Gallagbi

Formerly Eazy_B97
Jul 5, 2005
So Andersen is starting Thursday. Whew.

I wonder if there actually was a knee issue or if they just wanted to justify starting Sparks tonight? Seems pretty unnecessary if the latter.
Seemed like a good game to start Sparks. Facing a backup on the first game at home off a road trip.

Reactions: Tracer Bullet

Clark4Ever

What we do in hockey echoes in eternity...
Oct 10, 2010
T.O.
Best defensive effort of the season hands down. Sparks also looked the part of a solid backup tonight.

Reactions: mrJT
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Toulouse vs Montpellier
    Toulouse vs Montpellier
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $246.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Hoffenheim vs RB Leipzig