Post-Game Talk: Kasperi "Fastest Player On Earth" Kapanen with 2 | Leafs 4 Kings 1 (Matthews doesnt score ~ bust)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Damisoph

Jun 29, 2010
why we talkin about Phil? As much as I like the guy, he quit on us. Plain and simple. Quit on us, orchestrated salutegate and needed to go full stop.

We have Freddy and Kapanen to show for it. We good.

HoweHullOrr

Oct 3, 2013
Phil did not have a lot of value at the time. Seriously, what did you expect to get for him? 8 mil contract, wanted to play for only a couple of teams, basically quit on his coach and team. It was a gutless performance by him (and the rest of the team) in the second half of 2014-2015. Let's call a spade a spade here. You shouldn't have expected to get a King's ransom for him at the time.

people tend to ignore that bit. a lot
nothing was wrong with what we got back
pens got what they needed
we got what we needed
life goes on.

The value or return of a player is not only based on skill. The player may be very skilled, or the best at his position that is available, but that does not matter very much if few teams step up and express an interest. That seems to get overlooked quite frequently. Market conditions are the most important factor.

1specter

Sep 27, 2016
Where does Tavares play in Toronto?

Where does Kapanen play in Toronto?

Where did Komarov play in Toronto a few years ago?

Where you play is determined not just by your talent, but also by your style of play, and by the talents and styles of the rest of the team.

Kessel has a great shot, but not the style or temperament of a top line player.

If you look at just where they play right now, Kessel is on the second line, and Kapanen is on the first, both on contending teams, so we clearly won the trade, right? Silly statement, I know, but no worse than "we got screwed".
Then why mention 'Where does Kessel play in Pittsburgh?'

Lots of contradictions in your points

Reactions: The Man with a Plan

Faltorvo

Feb 18, 2008
ive checked like 5 different pages and they all say he isnt, so while im not 100% certain, im 97.5% certain
well if he needs to pass waivers then i retrace my position

i honestly thought he was a free pass down.

Reactions: djdev
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad