Karlsson vs Trade 'Haul' Stat Comparison Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ice-Tray

Jan 31, 2006
Victoria
Too old to stay up that late. If you have time watching other teams I find is a good way to have perspective on how good or how bad the Sens do stuff compared to other teams with the use of the eye test anyway.

Did you like my serious answer to your cheeky comment? :D

I was totally being cheeky :)

Funny thing is that I get to watch west coast games at reasonable times, it's the Sens games at 4-4:30 that gives me issues.

GCK

Oct 15, 2018
Just because he doesn't play with the sens anymore doesn't mean hes trash now you know
Relax, enough with the over reaction. Let me explain something to you and the other black or white crew.

When someone says:

1. EK is not playing as well as he did in his best years here; or
2. Signing EK to the largest D contract ever would be a mistake; or
3. EK is not the best PP QB in the league,

does not mean he is trash. The above can be true even if EK plays at an all star level.

Reactions: Ice-Tray

Karl Prime

Feb 13, 2017
He’s been better but you are undervaluing what he did in his best years here

I'm fully aware of how good he was in his best years here. And over the last 15 games he's basically been that guy for the Sharks, just with a few minutes less ice-time.

GCK

Oct 15, 2018
I’ll be watching him again in 5 minutes. It will be interesting to see how different our impressions are in terms of a single game.

Agent Zub

Jan 2, 2015
I’ll be watching him again in 5 minutes. It will be interesting to see how different our impressions are in terms of a single game.

If you don't think he was absolutely dominant today (like he has been for a while) you're lying.

GCK

Oct 15, 2018
If you don't think he was absolutely dominant today (like he has been for a while) you're lying.
He is not the player he was. I’m glad we won’t be on the hook for 11M+ each of the next 8 years.

Silencio

Nov 6, 2006
Toronto
Karlsson always seems to need a couple of months to get up to speed (pun intended I guess). The one year where EK started off looking like the best player in the world from the get go, he had been playing in Finland for the previous 4 months during the lockout.

PeterSidorkiewicz

HFWF Tourney Undisputed Champion
Apr 30, 2004
Lansing, MI
He is not the player he was. I’m glad we won’t be on the hook for 11M+ each of the next 8 years.

If you don't think he is worth 11M a year to the team, thats a fair opinion I would say. How the organization handled the situation, and how he was dealt and the timing and what for, I don't see how that will ever be defended.

NorthCoast

May 1, 2017

Just curious:

Are there any defensmen in the NHL worth 11m?

What amount/term would you have been happy to sign EK for?

Tuna99

Sep 26, 2009
Just curious:

Are there any defensmen in the NHL worth 11m?

What amount/term would you have been happy to sign EK for?

Not right now, but I’d pay Pronger or Neidermeyer $11 million to play in a ottawa

NorthCoast

May 1, 2017
[Mod QDP]

Uhhh....okay.

So 8 years is a long-time. Agreed.

Are there any NHL defensmen that you would sign for 8 years at 11m?

Is there any amount that had we signed EK for, for 8 years, you would have been happy with?

Last edited by a moderator:

PeterSidorkiewicz

Apr 30, 2004
Lansing, MI
Uhhh....okay.

So 8 years is a long-time. Agreed.

Are there any NHL defensmen that you would sign for 8 years at 11m?

Is there any amount that had we signed EK for, for 8 years, you would have been happy with?

It's also necessary to keep your good players. You gotta pony up if you want to retain those guys.

If the Sens dont plan on signing their great players to 8 year contracts then they need to trade them at a point where they can get great value for them. This requires forward thinking, unfortunately for us fans ownership and management doesn't seem to have this.

EK should have been dealt two years ago if they didnt want to pay him.

Reactions: lancepitlick

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
It's also necessary to keep your good players. You gotta pony up if you want to retain those guys.

If the Sens dont plan on signing their great players to 8 year contracts then they need to trade them at a point where they can get great value for them. This requires forward thinking, unfortunately for us fans ownership and management doesn't seem to have this.

2 years ago he was the 1 player that would never be traded. We had to wait until we gave up a boatload to get Duchene before we decided to rebuild and trade Karlsson.

Reactions: DrEasy

PeterSidorkiewicz

Apr 30, 2004
Lansing, MI
2 years ago he was the 1 player that would never be traded. We had to wait until we gave up a boatload to get Duchene before we decided to rebuild and trade Karlsson.

So, there is no actual plan or path to success. The Sens are run by goddamn Dutch!

ro4ihdevmfw11.png

NorthCoast

May 1, 2017
So, there is no actual plan or path to success. The Sens are run by goddamn Dutch!

ro4ihdevmfw11.png

I believe the plan is to wait for another team to win the cup, and then sue them because we didn't anticipate them adding better players, and that ruined our chance at winning the cup.

DaveMatthew

Bring in Peter
Apr 13, 2005
Ott

This.

If Ottawa wants to be the Oakland A's of the NHL, they need to have the foresight to trade players when their value is at the highest (regardless of what fans might think), and not wait until there are no other options and they have to trade them for pennies on the dollar.

If they knew that they couldn't, or didn't want to, commit to Karlsson for 8 years at top dollar, he should have been traded after the playoff run, or at the very latest, within the first couple months of 2017.

Instead, they pulled the whole "We'll offer him a contract full well-knowing he won't accept it and then wait all summer before caving to an internal deadline and trade him for peanuts" strategy.

Same thing is lining up to happen with Stone and Duchene. If at this point the organization hasn't made an internal decision on both of them (and to do so, they'd need to know exactly what it'd take to get them to stay and how willing they are to sign), then we're screwed.

Tnuoc Alucard

🇨🇦🔑🧲✈️🎲🥅🎱🍟🥨🌗
Sep 23, 2015
Did anyone catch the LA vs Sharks game, yesterday?

I found something quite odd, when San Jose, trailing by a goal, late in the third, and had their goaltender pulled, for the extra attacker.

San Jose called a time out, and five of the players on the ice huddled around the coach at the end of the bench, and he was drawing up a play, or something, on a white board........ and the sixth player, was about about two meters away, with his back turned to the huddle, drinking and talking to another player on the bench.

I found that quite odd, that all but one player decided that it was important enough to get on the same page, for the last minute or so, of the third period, while they were trying to tie the game .......... which they did.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad