Karlsson vs Trade 'Haul' Stat Comparison Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
Did anyone catch the LA vs Sharks game, yesterday?

I found something quite odd, when San Jose, trailing by a goal, late in the third, and had their goaltender pulled, for the extra attacker.

San Jose called a time out, and five of the players on the ice huddled around the coach at the end of the bench, and he was drawing up a play, or something, on a white board........ and the sixth player, was about about two meters away, with his back turned to the huddle, drinking and talking to another player on the bench.

I found that quite odd, that all but one player decided that it was important enough to get on the same page, for the last minute or so, of the third period, while they were trying to tie the game .......... which they did.
Have you ever played sports. Sometimes the talk is simply not for everyone. He’s the QB on that play lol. Their talk is basically “this is how to get open so Erik can give you the puck”

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast

I found something quite odd, when San Jose, trailing by a goal, late in the third, and had their goaltender pulled, for the extra attacker.

San Jose called a time out, and five of the players on the ice huddled around the coach at the end of the bench, and he was drawing up a play, or something, on a white board........ and the sixth player, was about about two meters away, with his back turned to the huddle, drinking and talking to another player on the bench.

I found that quite odd, that all but one player decided that it was important enough to get on the same page, for the last minute or so, of the third period, while they were trying to tie the game .......... which they did.
I mean, he had an assist on the goal...

BonHoonLayneCornell

Oct 16, 2006
Yukon
This.

If Ottawa wants to be the Oakland A's of the NHL, they need to have the foresight to trade players when their value is at the highest (regardless of what fans might think), and not wait until there are no other options and they have to trade them for pennies on the dollar.

If they knew that they couldn't, or didn't want to, commit to Karlsson for 8 years at top dollar, he should have been traded after the playoff run, or at the very latest, within the first couple months of 2017.

Instead, they pulled the whole "We'll offer him a contract full well-knowing he won't accept it and then wait all summer before caving to an internal deadline and trade him for peanuts" strategy.

Same thing is lining up to happen with Stone and Duchene. If at this point the organization hasn't made an internal decision on both of them (and to do so, they'd need to know exactly what it'd take to get them to stay and how willing they are to sign), then we're screwed.
Exactly. They only have themselves to blame for the absolute crap return they've gotten in most trades.

Wanna be cheap? Fine, but have some f***ing foresight for once.

Reactions: lancepitlick

HavlatMach9

streamable 3rah1
Mar 17, 2011
Ottawa
Have you ever played sports. Sometimes the talk is simply not for everyone. He’s the QB on that play lol. Their talk is basically “this is how to get open so Erik can give you the puck”
in hockey it's usually about puck recovery, so it's a message for the forwards

GCK

Oct 15, 2018
Uhhh....okay.

So 8 years is a long-time. Agreed.

Are there any NHL defensmen that you would sign for 8 years at 11m?

Is there any amount that had we signed EK for, for 8 years, you would have been happy with?
First answer is that there is no player at 29 that I would sign for 8 x 11.

Second answer is EK at 5 x 12M would have been a good offer or 8 x 9M.

I am uneasy offering Stone and Duchene 8 years but realize there is no choice.

Gil Gunderson

May 2, 2007
Ottawa, ON

We didn’t win the trade.

Nice try though.

Ouroboros

There is no armour against Fate
Feb 3, 2008

Disgusting.

Good character guys like Duchene, Tierney, Chabot, DeMelo, White, and Formenton would never disrespect their coaches in such a manner.

Agent Zub

Jan 2, 2015

holy shit lol is this real life

Boud

Dec 27, 2011
When you trade a Jack Sparrow looking dude that is too 'big' for the small market sens and rufuses to commit to any team for a decent package, you win

Let me guess your go to stat is +/-

supsens

Oct 6, 2013
Tell me again how the Sens won this trade? I look forward to your in depth analysis.

Some guy that doesn’t want to play for your team and has an expiring contract and won’t help you do a sign and trade.
I can’t think of many or any rentals that have returned more. Can you?

Yak

Jun 30, 2009
Los Angeles
www.androidheadlines.com
The Dynamics of the Sharks and Sens with EK are tale of two players. I don't see EK signing their or Sharks stepping up to the plate. EK looks out of place on that team. I am not finger pointing at one or the other but is not the EK we are used to seeing and am sure they feel the same.

Tnuoc Alucard

🇨🇦🔑🧲✈️🎲🥅🎱🍟🥨🌗
Sep 23, 2015

Never mentioned who the player was, who had their back to the huddle and was going to be one of the players on the ice, after the time out. Only asked about the perception.

Yes, EK hand the secondary assist on the game tying goal ........ puck came back to him from the draw, he passed to BB and his shot was deflected in.

Yes, I've played many sports in my time. And in team sports, if you're a team player, you should act like a team player. What I saw in that instance, was not someone showing that they're a team player.

Last edited:

Tnuoc Alucard

🇨🇦🔑🧲✈️🎲🥅🎱🍟🥨🌗
Sep 23, 2015
We didn’t win the trade.

Nice try though.

It's at least 2 years to early to "call" who won this trade.

The only way I see SJ winning this trade, is if they win the Cup this year, or if they can sign EK to an 8 year extension.

Tuna99

Sep 26, 2009
The Dynamics of the Sharks and Sens with EK are tale of two players. I don't see EK signing their or Sharks stepping up to the plate. EK looks out of place on that team. I am not finger pointing at one or the other but is not the EK we are used to seeing and am sure they feel the same.

EK can easily be the best player in the playoffs and lead SJ deep and be the #1 factor for winning a Cup, Conn Smyth , lead his team in playoff scoring Etc, . I can't believe fans here are underestimating this guy after they've seen what he can do and know what he can do.

The one question I have about EK right now, he wants to be on a winning team, but I question how much he wants to win the Cup. With Alfie you could just feel the burn to win the Cup coming off him, you could see it in Fishers eyes, watching Chara play you knew he had 1 goal in mind. With EK, the man loves making plays and playing hard, but he might be in love with his own game and his own enjoyment minute to minute on the ice that that burning desire true-hockey-heroes need to win a Cup (Toewes, Quick, Chara, Crosby) I don't see that same burning desire in EK.

Would still take him in my team. But I wonder if the sacrifice he made in our 2017 run when he was determined to be the best player in the world (and was easily IMO) took something out of him. Some teams and some players, when they learn the cost of winning aren't willing to pay that price, and I have doubts (and EK can easily prove me wrong) that EK doesn't have a Stanley Cup dream burning everyday, seems his focus these days is more on his EK 'brand'.

supsens

Oct 6, 2013
How far up Melnyk's ass are you that you're so intent on bringing down the best player to ever put a Sens uniform?

This is the same guy who wouldn't enable a cheap-ass owner and terrible GM on their quest to liquidate as much cash as possible under the guise of a rebuild one year after "going for it"? Same guy who said repeatedly how much he loved it here, calls it his true home?

Wow man, what a monster. Screw him. Hail Eugene!

Honestly though, I hope you're getting something for this.

How far up Melnyk's ass are you that you're so intent on bringing down the best player to ever put a Sens uniform?

This is the same guy who wouldn't enable a cheap-ass owner and terrible GM on their quest to liquidate as much cash as possible under the guise of a rebuild one year after "going for it"? Same guy who said repeatedly how much he loved it here, calls it his true home?

Wow man, what a monster. Screw him. Hail Eugene!

Honestly though, I hope you're getting something for this.

He left because he wants to play for someone else. It is a rebuild and its needed. And suprise suprise you didnt name any rental that returned more. Ya his true home, lol he shooter mcgavin'd the fans 'the real winners are the fans of Ottawa'

You all act like the owner the coach the GM and every player is a piece of crap. Then try to act like your fans? Of what? The poor poor little EK club. I dont care about EK at all.

Gil Gunderson

May 2, 2007
Ottawa, ON
He left because he wants to play for someone else. It is a rebuild and its needed. And suprise suprise you didnt name any rental that returned more. Ya his true home, lol he shooter mcgavin'd the fans 'the real winners are the fans of Ottawa'

You all act like the owner the coach the GM and every player is a piece of crap. Then try to act like your fans? Of what? The poor poor little EK club. I dont care about EK at all.
We don’t need to act like it.

Reactions: Tuna99
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad