Friedman: Karlsson trade talks picking up, Vancouver interested

Status
Not open for further replies.

WTFMAN99

Jun 17, 2009
This really doesn't. He talks out his ass more frequently now

If you aren't going to take Friedman seriously, especially at this point in the summer then best just to wait until the confirmed with link thread to show up.

Canucks LB

My Favourite, Gone too soon, RIP Luc, We miss you
Oct 12, 2008
Linden looks better everyday leaving this gongshow if they somehow make this deal and destroy our future

Frankie Blueberries

Allergic to draft picks
Jan 27, 2016
I think that if the Canucks were to add Karlsson and stay healthy we would be in the mix for a playoff spot for most of the year. They may not make it, but I wouldn't expect them to be a bottom feeder again. I also think that the deal would have to be dependent on resigning him long term. Given the history of Swedes in Van, and that it is a pretty amazing city, I don't think it is that far fetched that he would commit long term.

I agree that the Demko deal that you offered is not enough, you'd likely have to add at least Joulevi as the third piece, or more. If it were just Demko, Woo, 1st, I'd do that for sure though.

We're missing a second line (or first line, if you consider Baertschi - Horvat - Boeser a second line), assuming Pettersson doesn't take off out of the gate. Not having a #1 centre is a huge hole. We're also missing a top 4 dman (Karlsson, Edler, and Tanev are the only top 4 dmen we'd have). We also don't have a bona fide #1 starting goalie, Markstrom is serviceable but not a top 20 or so goalie in the league.

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
Benning said, on the radio, that he was going after Subban and we all know that ended up: Subban went to Nashville and Benning had pay to fine.

Vancouver wanting to add the best dman and arguably best player in the NHL is a non-story: every team would like to add Karlsson.

If anything, this is probably a piece meant to inspire Canucks fans that their team aims to be competitive/not looking to go into full rebuild. Besides, what do they have that could entice Ottawa to actual do this trade?

This is hogwash.

Ivan13

Not posting anymore
May 3, 2011
Zagreb, Croatia
You just need to recognize the difference between his sourced comments, and his opinions.
Yeah no kidding, it's as if people can't read with any comprehension. He is not a plain reporter he is a guy who in addition to having sources comments on things from around the league, and all the time he clearly states it is only his opinion, not a fact, or something he heard is happening.

Reactions: JoeThorntonsRooster

BuffNuck

Feb 20, 2018
Vancouver's only slightly better off than Ottawa right now, doubt Karlsson goes there.

When it comes to prospect cupboards Vancouver is in a much better place than Ottawa

When it comes to ownership Vancouver is in a much better spot than Ottawa (but who isn't)

When it comes to way of life and what he is looking for in a home and a place to raise his family Vancouver is in a much better place than Ottawa.

When it comes to treatment of players and although they are not playing anymore a Sedin endorsement with the Swedish talent Vancouver has coming up the pipe Vancouver is in a much better spot than Ottawa.

Karlsson is going to be signing a 7 to an 8 year contract and outside of Tampa Bay no team that is in the Karlsson sweepstakes can GRT they will be goo for that long. Vancouver is 2-3 years away from being a playoff team again BUT they could and should be for the majority of his time in Vancouver, so again a better situation than Ottawa.

Trying to say Ottawa is on par with Vancouver is just not an educated statement, I for one think it is absurd that Vancouver would get Karlsson but you can't be an educated hockey fan and say the two teams are in the same situation especially when talking about a Swedish player.

Reactions: Canadian Canuck

Canadian Canuck

Hughes4Calder
Jul 30, 2013
Kamloops BC
Benning said, on the radio, that he was going after Subban and we all know that ended up.

Vancouver wanting to add the best dman and arguably best player in the NHL is a non-story: every team would like to add Karlsson.

If anything, this is probably a piece meant to inspire Canucks fans that their team aims to be competitive/not looking to go into full rebuild
Except he almost did. The deal was in place (5th overall for Subban), but Montreal wanted Dubois so once Columbus took him the deal was off

dangomon

Nov 4, 2017
Kingston, ON
Yeah no kidding, it's as if people can't read with any comprehension. He is not a plain reporter he is a guy who in addition to having sources comments on things from around the league, and all the time he clearly states it is only his opinion, not a fact, or something he heard is happening.
By starting this tweet with "The sense is.." implies that it is a loose belief, but one that may have some traction. Its not "A source tells me the Canucks have offered...", as some are reading it.

780il

edm
May 29, 2018
Edmonton AB
The Oilers are western Canadian team too! Maybe EK had a change of heart and now wants to play with the best player in the world. C'mon Karlsson, pls come.

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
When it comes to prospect cupboards Vancouver is in a much better place than Ottawa.

I can't wait to see how HF reacts to our top end prospects in White and Chabot making it. The amount of spin that will be spun once that is established will rival any Trumpkin.

Canucks LB

Oct 12, 2008
I just saw a rumour it’s Goldobin, Gadjovich+1st unprotected. I mean I’d probably do that but that 1st is killer unless Karlsson gets resigned.
Where is this rumor? If its a signed EK i would do this so fast lmao

Canucks LB

Oct 12, 2008
I can't wait to see how HF reacts to our top end prospects in White and Chabot making it. The amount of spin that will be spun once that is established will rival any Trumpkin.
Canucks have a top 3 prospect pool voted by like every media and hf boards.

Frankie Blueberries

Allergic to draft picks
Jan 27, 2016
I just saw a rumour it’s Goldobin, Gadjovich+1st unprotected. I mean I’d probably do that but that 1st is killer unless Karlsson gets resigned.

That's gotta be bogus. Goldobin and Gadjovich really don't have that much value at the moment, they combine for maybe a 2nd + 3rd rounder. Karlsson is worth more than an unknown 1st rounder (probably top 10, but still), 2nd, and 3rd. Throwing in Juolevi might move the needle a bit though.

Reactions: kanucks25

Kranix

Deranged Homer
Jun 27, 2012
The Oilers might be on his no-list, but I wonder if Chiarelli even called his agent.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad