Friedman: Karlsson trade talks picking up, Vancouver interested

Status
Not open for further replies.

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
Strange for a lotto team that’ll look to get their star in next years’ draft.

That being said, starting a franchise with Karlsson, Pettersson and Boeser is a really great wayto start. If they extend EK, in a year or two Vancouver will be a solid team.

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
There has been nothing out of Ottawa all offseason,complete media blackout....Nobody knows what exactly is going on, so more speculation ...Is what we get

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
If Ottawa was going to move or really lose all three of their top players ,they would have traded them by now....There is a new owner coming ,and things will get sorted as soon as he is in

Reactions: Sensung

Frankie Blueberries

Allergic to draft picks
Jan 27, 2016
You wouldn't trade Demko, this years 1st, and Woo for Karlsson? If you can add one of the top 5 DMen in the league without losing Petterson, Hughers, Boeser or Horvat, you take that deal and run.

Even with Karlsson, I think we're a bottom 5-10 team. I wouldn't trade that pick straight up for 1 year of Karlsson, as I doubt he re-signs, and Benning is awful at making trades at the deadline.

But to be fair, I don't think Ottawa would probably take that Demko deal unless they are desperate. We'd have to offer more. Either way, the short term gain vs. long term damage to the team is ridiculous, it makes no sense for Vancouver.

HOPE

Goal Caufield!
Jun 30, 2011
Montreal
Vancouver is a team as i see rising pretty quick with all the youth coming, obviously karlsson makes them better but considering his age and the package it would take, it will just be counter-effective...

HoweHullOrr

Oct 3, 2013
lol @ Vancouver being a destination

I actually thought about Karlsson to Vancouver some time ago. Makes a bit of sense as Vancouver's main guys were 2 Swedes for a long time.

If there's any truth to this at all, I'd assume they would be only entertaining this if an extension is involved though.

Last edited:
Reactions: Filthy Dangles

CanaFan

Feb 19, 2010
BC
No... we don’t want him. Makes zero sense for us. This team is nowhere near ready to compete. The only thing Karlsson does is MAYBE turn the Canucks into a playoff contender who will be stuck in mediocrity for years to come.

Well he didn’t turn Ottawa into a playoff contender this past season, so there’s limits to what even Karlsson can do.

We’d still be terrible, just slightly more fun to watch.

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
For the sake of the Senators and their fans, hopefully this is true.
There has been no logic at all for it to be anything else other than this....We have done nothing but just hold our assets,EM looks to be spending just what he as to..And not committing to anything past next season

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
Do you know something we don't? Please feel free to elaborate.
No just using logic,everything Ottawa has done this offseason points to one logical scenario...Every other scenario points to stupidity,that while Iam sure some people would love to think its the latter ...No team or ownership no matter how bad would do the latter

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad