Friedman: Karlsson trade talks picking up, Vancouver interested

Status
Not open for further replies.

Frankie Blueberries

Allergic to draft picks
Jan 27, 2016
Aquilini and Benning will sacrifice the next 15 years for a couple years of making the playoffs, so with that in mind, here is what we can expect:

Boeser/Hughes
Lind/Dahlen/Woo/Gaudette
2nd round pick

OR

Demko
1st round pick 2019
Lind/Dahlen/Woo/Gaudette

OR

Horvat
1st round pick 2019
Lind/Dahlen/Woo/Gaudette

OR

Pettersson
1st round pick 2019

In any scenario, we screw up our future for a chance at the playoffs in the next few years.

Reactions: CanaFan

Master P

Mar 31, 2016
Florida
DDMBW.gif

justafan22

Jun 22, 2014
Without an extension I'd guess:

Juolevi
Virtanen
1st (top 5 protected, rolls over to unprotected 2020 1st)
b level prospect

That's the most I could see for 1 year of EK

CupofOil

Knob Flavored Coffey
Aug 20, 2009
NYC
Colorado would be a mighty good fit...

Them and Dallas are the best fits. They have the assets to get it done, the desperate need for a #1 Dman for what seems like forever (Edit: Forgot about Klingberg, Ugh) and are destinations that will likely be attractive for Karlsson due to location and close to being a contender.
Vancouver makes no sense. This is Friedman throwing shit against the wall again.

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
I was thinking UNLESS

Vancouver management does something incredibly stupid.

Which wouldn't surprise me one bit.

It would surprise me.
top dollar for EK only is a no brainer no.

a package which discounts EK somewhat is logical
however, still room to miscalculate and ef up
and that would have 'nucks relying on getting at least what they ponied up for him, just to break even

too much risk
not enough actual potential reward for a team becoming competitive but not competing for Stanley this yr to take 1 yr only no certainty he extends - likely tests market

Notsince67

Papi and the Lamplighters
Apr 27, 2018
Wow...a RHD to the Canucks
Ok...back to Tanev to Toronto for a 1st+ Leivo.
Rinse and repeat

WHISTLERNATE

Nov 14, 2017
Aquilini and Benning will sacrifice the next 15 years for a couple years of making the playoffs, so with that in mind, here is what we can expect:

Boeser/Hughes
Lind/Dahlen/Woo/Gaudette
2nd round pick

OR

Demko
1st round pick 2019
Lind/Dahlen/Woo/Gaudette

OR

Horvat
1st round pick 2019
Lind/Dahlen/Woo/Gaudette

OR

Pettersson
1st round pick 2019

In any scenario, we screw up our future for a chance at the playoffs in the next few years.

You wouldn't trade Demko, this years 1st, and Woo for Karlsson? If you can add one of the top 5 DMen in the league without losing Petterson, Hughers, Boeser or Horvat, you take that deal and run.

TeslaCoilFan

Slightly Elite Fan
Mar 17, 2017
West of the Moon
I still think Vegas is the most likely destination. They have the need, the cap space and could remain contenders with Eriksson. Eriksson would also be not only the #1D but the star of the franchise and probable captain.

If not Tampa then anywhere West is fine. :D

kanucks25

Chris Tanev #1 Fan
Nov 29, 2013
Surrey, BC
Vancouver doesn't have the assets to trade for Karlsson unless he is signed (because we can't afford to lose him for nothing) and Ryan is involved (his cap dump to lower the price).

Even then, don't know if it makes sense to include Pettersson or Boeser in any deal in which we get significantly older.

If this actually happens, feels like it'll be a trade that one fan base absolutely hates.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad