Injury Report: Karlsson: Achilles Tendon, Out 3-4 Months | All Karlsson Injury Talk Here

Status
Not open for further replies.

mcnorth

Jun 28, 2011
Listening to morons on the TV use the fact that it is Matt Cooke is the reason anyone is talking about this makes me want to puke. Yes, take the player out of the play and judge the play for itself and... the guy in black stomps his skate down on the guy in white.

Unbelievable.

So I only think it was a stomp because it's Matt Cooke? If it was Lady Byng herself I'd think it was a goddamned stomp.

Icelevel

During these difficult times...
Sep 9, 2009
The Sens are going to be such a boring team now.

The third period just felt different. I can't imagine 3/4 of season without him.

The whole team was mourning the loss. I wasn't really expecting them to come back flying.
We'll still make the playoffs. Just do it differently.

Stylizer1

SENSimillanaire
Jun 12, 2009
Ottabot City
I just hate the fact that all of the paid plugs on TV never address the type of stomping motion the Cooke did. If Cooke's leg came straight down the back of Erik's leg it would of scrapped more than cut. Cooke deliberately came down on the back of the leg on purpose.

lafite

Feb 28, 2002
Visit site
I try to be objective about things, even though I'm a Sens fan, but it sure looked to me like he was accelerating down hard with his skate into Karlsson's leg. The thing that surprised me was Bob McKensie, to me the very best of the hockey media, thought it was an accident, and further more, tweated to his connections around the league, and he said one thought it was suspicious, everyone else thought an accident too.

johan f

Jun 23, 2008
Sweden
As shocking and devastating the loss of Karlsson is, and the way he got injured, I have tried start live again. Now I am trying to find anything positive with this and my thoughts goes like this:

-Serious injuries requires very rigourous rehab and perhaps Karlsson will come back stronger (as in the example of Henrik Larsson in Celtic)

-For his personal hockeydevelopment, the season has not been all in the trashcan. He has already played a big portion of hockey (Finland) where he focused on his defensive game. And since this NHL-season is shortened he will not miss that many games (for what that now matters...)

-When he returns for next NHL-season something tells me that opponents will at lesser urge take runs at him or cheapshot him, because no player wants to experience same mediacircus as Cooke about injuring one of the new superstars in league. He was already this season gaining respect among peers, though.

The fact that Ottawa season is screwed is of course crap.

Fitch89

Sep 11, 2011
Trying to be optimistic, Karlsson now gets to spend a few months in the press box watching plays form and seeing how different players react to different scenarios. He already had amazing vision, maybe he can take it a step further somehow?

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy and Quaider. Welcome back Looch!
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
This video brings joy to my heart.

Kane will always have a special place in my heart

I can't wait until cooke is taken out of the game forever.

Good Luck to your Sens. I hope you make the playoffs.

Best wishes to a speedy recovery to young Karlsson. Love watching him play. He will be back.

Hammerheart

Now how about a hug?
Aug 1, 2011
This blows, I hope this isn't serious enough to affect his career. He's probably my favorite player in his age group and I'd hate to see this have a negative impact on his skating. Hoping for the best!

pepty

Let's win it all
Feb 22, 2005
Jesus Christ guys, I know he's your all star and all but you guys are acting irrationally right now. It was an accident, it happened in a split second, he did not stomp when bringing his foot down.

Interesting that you appear to think that its your place to show up on our board and start hectoring us about what we should be thinking.

Powdered Toast Man

Is he a ham?
Nov 22, 2005
Interesting that you appear to think that its your place to show up on our board and start hectoring us about what we should be thinking.

It's called trying to provide you with perspective. It's what kind people do when they see someone else acting ridiculous. By all means, you reserve the right to continuing acting ridiculous if you so desire. Much the same way this other gentleman is permitted to continue to lose faith in humanity because he keeps seeing people losing their **** over a hockey game.

Zguy370

Dec 25, 2007
Hey Guys., Oiler fan here, Karlsson is my favorite player. Really feel for you, watching that injury made me sick., especially when I saw the culprit again., that skill-less and talent-less A Hole.

Sad for the game when this repeat offender is allowed to get away with stuff like this, and believe you me it was intentional. My wish is to try and get a friendly pick up game with this dirt bag, trust me he'll never play another game in this league., with all due respect and thanks to Kane.

Hopefully us true hockey fans, all over the world, will get to see this wonderful hockey player in Karlsson fully recoverd from this injury and playing just the way he is capable of.

John Holmes*

How about mandatory kevlar socks rather than mandatory flu shots?

ColinM

Dec 14, 2004
Halifax
I really don't remember the last time I was so upset about an injury. Besides the fact that a D-Man of Karlson's caliber would be the difference between making and not making the playoffs, I can't help but think he won't be the same again. Not everyone's recovery works out as well as Teemu Selane's.

pepty

Let's win it all
Feb 22, 2005
It's called trying to provide you with perspective. It's what kind people do when they see someone else acting ridiculous. By all means, you reserve the right to continuing acting ridiculous if you so desire. Much the same way this other gentleman is permitted to continue to lose faith in humanity because he keeps seeing people losing their **** over a hockey game.

Yes there's nothing quite like going to another teams board and lecturing them to provide perspective.

It seems to be a perspective you share , but surprisingly, just because it is your opinion does not mean it is the only valid one.

Powdered Toast Man

Is he a ham?
Nov 22, 2005
Yes there's nothing quite like going to another teams board and lecturing them to provide perspective.

It seems to be a perspective you share , but surprisingly, just because it is your opinion does not mean it is the only valid one.

Would you consider jumping off a bridge because your puppy ate too much bacon and got sick on your sheets to be a valid opinion?

Johnny HFBOARDS

Trade you!
Dec 10, 2011
Earth
Good news, Evander Kane got a new hair cut for you Sens fans, just in time for our next game.
mcgktfopng.png

Slack

everything's fine?
Apr 27, 2012
Much the same way this other gentleman is permitted to continue to lose faith in humanity because he keeps seeing people losing their **** over a hockey game.

Except that people aren't "losing their **** over a hockey game" as you put it, they're losing it over a horrible, potentially career-ending injury to a generational talent. The "it's just a game" argument doesn't really apply.

Flamingo

Nov 13, 2008
Ottawa
What's the opposite of "I Ain't Even Mad?"

The Alfie appreciation avatar theme was nice, and I'm fond of my Daniel Alfredsson birth announcement photo from the Göteborgs-Posten, but we have a new campaign for this season. "I am a cauldron of boiling rage, and I will pour it down Matt Cooke's gullet."

Can someone make up a few avatars?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad