Injury Report: Karlsson: Achilles Tendon, Out 3-4 Months | All Karlsson Injury Talk Here

Status
Not open for further replies.

HavlatMach9

streamable 3rah1
Mar 17, 2011
Ottawa
Plenty of amazing games and players around the league if you're the kind of person that enjoys hockey. TBH watching the Sens was infuriating at times as one person would carry the team, a lot better (balanced) hockey to be found elsewhere. We were fine before Karlsson, and we'll be fine missing him for a couple months.

BK201

Apr 11, 2011
suicide and depression are serious matters.

I now you are joking and i troll people and piss people off but for real if someone is that sad i'd urge you to go to a councillor and talk, things do get better. Depression is a sickness and can be helped for sure.

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
Meh, I'll admit to being depressed.

You wait for the lockout to end, it finally ends, then Spezza and Karlsson go out in rapid succession and 99.99% of the hope you had for the season is gone 1/3 of the way into the season.

Am I still a fan? Sure. Am I going to be as entertained watching the team? Doubtful.

It's not clinical depression, and the joking may be a bit much, but I won't pretend that it didn't feel like a really bad playoff exit.

tony d

New poll series coming from me on June 3
Jun 23, 2007
Behind A Tree
Shows how big a deal this injury is: The guys are talking about it on PTI as their #2 story. Mike Wilbon said it was a dirty play, Kornheiser was more indifferent about it.

Johnny Hanson

Jul 6, 2008
I wish bell was still running their let's talk day. I'd call in to talk about my feelings of depression at the thought of having to endure the rest of this season without king karl

DylanSensFan

BEESHIP: NBH
Aug 3, 2010
Calgary
Call me crazy, but I think that's almost the best-case scenario.

Atleast if the Sens somehow squeak into the playoffs, we don't have to run into a situation where he might force himself to come back too early and injure himself permanently.

At the same, the fact that it's not 100% cut clean is encouraging news, and means he's likely not going to have long-lasting effects from this injury, and he'll probably be healthy by the summer, and have all summer to train and become even more of a beast.

the fact that it was a clean cut is why his recovery will be 100%, glad though that the severity was only 70%. He is a tough kid and will be back owning this league soon enough.

threeGo

Oct 18, 2011
Toronto
I hope you guys still make the playoffs. Leafs are a bit hurt, not as much as you guys in terms of quality of players but still they are integral parts of the team. It would be great to finally have an OTT vs TOR playoff game.

Yokai

Mar 29, 2011
Ottawa
Does this mean that Melnyk does not have to pay Spezza or Karlsson for the rest of the year? Not exactly sure how it works, but I thought these contracts had insurance on them in case of injury.

DylanSensFan

BEESHIP: NBH
Aug 3, 2010
Calgary
Does this mean that Melnyk does not have to pay Spezza or Karlsson for the rest of the year? Not exactly sure how it works, but I thought these contracts had insurance on them in case of injury.

I think the insurance is there to protect both the players and owners.

harrisb

Oct 6, 2009
My thoughts...

I don't believe Cooke went into the boards intending to slice Karlsson. What I do believe however is that when his foot came down and he realized it was on a part of Karlsson's body he forcefully drove it downward. Was it planned? No. Did he purposely drive his foot down knowing it was not on ice, no doubt about it. His foot went down slowly until it made contact with the leg, after that is when he drove it down.

And all this "he was trying to pin him" crap, you put your knee between the legs to pin a player, Cooke's knee was at Karlsson's waist.

Can't wait to see our lineup for the next pens game...

Novak Djokovic

#24 and counting... #GOAT
Dec 10, 2006
The Sens are going to be such a boring team now.

The third period just felt different. I can't imagine 3/4 of season without him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad