Injury Report: Karlsson: Achilles Tendon, Out 3-4 Months | All Karlsson Injury Talk Here

Status
Not open for further replies.
Feb 12, 2013
Pittsburgh, PA
Hey Guys,

I just wanted to say a couple things here, reading mostly mixed comments from you guys.

Let me start by saying, i heard about the aftermath of it being a 70% laceration, and he's going to be out for 3-4 months. I hope that he has a quicker recovery, and is back to 100% as expected, and even sooner, because he's a damn good player, and doesn't deserve to be put out for an extended period. As a Pens fan, I know what it is like to have one of your stars taken out by a borderline hit, so trust me i feel for you, and respect the talent he carries on your team.

Matt Cooke did NOT do this on purpose, I would put everything I know on it. This guy has spent the last two seasons trying to turn his game around, working with coaches, changing the way he pays the game and hits people, because he didn't want to be that type of player anymore (whether it be for selfish reasons such as him not wanting to be kicked out of the game, or deeper reasons like wanting to be a better player). This is not something Matt Cooke does with his skates. He's never been known to act that way, and in fact is exactly opposite of how he used to go after players pre- 2011 season. He used to be a bum, someone I didn't like on our team, but I doubt he wants to throw all of the work he's done to reform away on a cheap and dangerous act.

You can look at the tape in slow motion, and make a case either way on whether or not he was "stomping", or simply losing his footing on the play. However, when you look at that play in full speed, can you honestly say that the guy in mid check, tried to lift his foot up with the intention of dropping it back down to slice someone in the calf? First of all, thats near impossible if thats his intent, because of the shingards, and for balance reasons. Secondly, i must repeat that Cook is not a skate slicing player, and I wouldn't even give him the credit of a type of player to think that far ahead of a play.

I mean no disrespect coming into a sens board and spouting off as a pens fan, but I just thought i'd share some perspective for those of you on a Matt Cooke manhunt. I know how I felt when steckl hit crosby, and watching it over and over, but the fact is, the league has no problem going after matt cooke, TRUST ME. Shanahan didn't even deem it necessary to have a conversation with him. That's all I have to say about this guys. And Again, I wish Karlsson the best, and from one hockey fan to others, feel for you guys.

Powdered Toast Man

Is he a ham?
Nov 22, 2005
Except that people aren't "losing their **** over a hockey game" as you put it, they're losing it over a horrible, potentially career-ending injury to a generational talent. The "it's just a game" argument doesn't really apply.

I don't think anyone here legitimately gives a crap about Erik Karlsson. I mean, he sure seems like a real nice guy and all but people here are upset because they have so much invested in this team and it's best player. This, of course, is totally fine up until the point where you start legitimately insinuating taking violent recourse against the perpetrator and/or implying that he isn't a wonderful husband and father because he more than likely accidently injured some guy you most likely never met. I was plenty damn upset last night too, I don't think I have ever brushed my teeth harder. I woke up and realized that everything is going to be okay.

harvey

Jun 5, 2006
Ottawa
Be that as it may,
Cooke will have to explain his career to his children,
just like Tie Domi had to.
They both have no excuses for their brutal play.

Unfort Cooke's history will be his label when he retires.

a cheap shot player, who injured many stars in his career.

a legacy for his family............

who will have no pride in his post NHL career.

I pity his wife and children

HavlatMach9

streamable 3rah1
Mar 17, 2011
Ottawa
He was hit by Gonchar shot, and was chirping about it (might have affected him).

As for the hit, he might not have wanted to injure but he was up to no good, trying to slew foot?

Regardless, it's not going to bring EK back

johan f

Jun 23, 2008
Sweden
For me it's not an issue whether he stomps or not. What I have a huge problem with is why he heck has to lift the leg like that? Is he a sort of climber? The period was almost to it's end and I find it typical Cooke to not know when to ease off. He seems lack common sense. There are more natural ways to slow Karlsson down there. Heck, he even can't put much weight in that pinnning as he stands beside Karlsson. I think Coom overplayed the situation and his instincts are not normal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad