Kaprizov vs. Stuetzle - Next 3 Years

• Kaprizov

• Stuetzle

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Golden_Jet

Sep 21, 2005
Stützle youngest player in the league, KK oldest rookie, but he’s winning at the halfway point.

Bluesguru

Aug 10, 2014
St. Louis
Biased as a Wild fan but Kaprizov's numbers in the KHL and internationally suggest he will be a Tarasenko-like contributor. I think Stuetzle is going to be a 1st liner as well but Kaprizov has the better resume so far as OP said and is a safer bet currently to be an impact NHLer. Can't go wrong either way here though IMO

At times he reminds me of Tarasenko. I voted Kaprizov

The Moose is Loose

Jun 28, 2017
St.Louis
Stutzle for me. 5 years is a ton of time to develop hell Kaprisov is basically the same age as McDavid.

Stutzle plays on an absolutely awful Sens team with no offensive firepower and is having the best NHL D+1 season we've seen in while- he looks better than Hughes, Dach, Kakko, Lafreniere, Svechnikov did in their respective rookie years.

SENStastic

Sep 27, 2015
In 2 years from now, Stutzle will be the better player on the better team. The kid jus turned 19 years old while Kaprizov is 5 years older and entering his prime. The comparison is stupid frankly, Kaprizov shouldn't be considered a rookie, and there should be an age limit for Calder.

SENStastic

Sep 27, 2015
The age limit is 26.

thanks for informing me. Still makes no sense, might as well make it 30. Comparing an 18/19 year old rookie just coming out of puberty to someone in their mid-twenties in their physical and professional prime doesn't seem right. Has anyone won it that old recently? I can't recall off top of my head, I think everyone was 20-21 or younger.

Reactions: Garthinater

ijuka

May 14, 2016
thanks for informing me. Still makes no sense, might as well make it 30. Comparing an 18/19 year old rookie just coming out of puberty to someone in their mid-twenties in their physical and professional prime doesn't seem right. Has anyone won it that old recently? I can't recall off top of my head, I think everyone was 20-21 or younger.
Artemi Panarin

Reactions: Garthinater

ijuka

May 14, 2016
It's the exact same thing...McDavid was also in his first season after the draft like stutzle. Panarin was 24.

Litterally the exact same scenario and it was discussed a bunch then too.
But the main controversy was that McDavid's season actually was really strong, here it really is no contest at this point.

jbeck5

Jan 26, 2009
But the main controversy was that McDavid's season actually was really strong, here it really is no contest at this point.

McDavid got injured. Injuries always hurt players for awards.

Panarin got 77 points. McDavid got 48 points. The totals were a much bigger difference than the difference we'll have this year, even if adjusted for the shorter schedule, simply because McDavid missed so much time.

I don't think anyone has won a major award, especially a Calder, missing like ~40% of the season

16thOverallSaveUs

Danila Yurov Fan Club Executive Assistant
May 2, 2018
In 2 years from now, Stutzle will be the better player on the better team. The kid jus turned 19 years old while Kaprizov is 5 years older and entering his prime. The comparison is stupid frankly, Kaprizov shouldn't be considered a rookie, and there should be an age limit for Calder.
You really think this? Maybe Stutzle is the better player, certainly wouldn’t bet on that yet, but you think the Senators will be better than the Wild in 2 years? Ok, keep dreaming. You guys are a ways away from making the playoffs still.

MuckOG

May 18, 2012

Might as well stop reading after the bolded text....can't take anything else in this post seriously after that.

There's an argument to be made over which player, Stutzle or Kaprizov will be the better player in 2 years...but in no way will the Sens be a better team than the Wild. The Wild are already a playoff team, how long will it take for the Sens to even equal that?

Muffin

Avalanche Flavoured
Aug 14, 2009
Edmonton
You really think this? Maybe Stutzle is the better player, certainly wouldn’t bet on that yet, but you think the Senators will be better than the Wild in 2 years? Ok, keep dreaming. You guys are a ways away from making the playoffs still.
Wouldn't surprise me. Minnesota is full of mediocre players while Ottawa has a lot of young top end talent. Sanderson is on his way and they'll get another top pick this year.

Minnesota hasn't made the playoffs yet and they missed the last 2 years. No the play ins are not playoffs.

Reactions: SENStastic

MuckOG

May 18, 2012
Wouldn't surprise me. Minnesota is full of mediocre players while Ottawa has a lot of young top end talent. Sanderson is on his way and they'll get another top pick this year.

Minnesota hasn't made the playoffs yet and they missed the last 2 years. No the play ins are not playoffs.

Ottawa's been in a constant rebuild for how many years now? Do you honestly think anything changes even with their prospects? As long as Melnyk has the keys, the Senators are a doomed franchise and always will be.

Regarding Minnesota, in addition to Kaprizov and Fiala, Boldy and Rossi will be on their way and the Wild will get TWO first round picks this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad