• Stuetzle

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Samsquanch

Raging Bull Squatch
Nov 28, 2008
Sudbury
Having watched half of the sens games this year (yes, I hated it as much as you) I can say I think Stutzle’s ceiling is higher. I think the skating on that guy is ridiculous and if he can improve his shot I really wouldn’t be suprised if he’s a 100 point player. But, you’re talking out of your ass a bit when you say that Stutzle will be the better player by the end of this season. It’s not close right now, and Kaprizov has been improving a ton throughout even this year.

Ive said several times that this year is Kaps to lose. And my theory is based on the same thing - try to consider that the Sens scored like 15 goals during a 9 game losing streak, and notice how much better Stuetzle has got each game since. Its a long shot but Im not close to saying its impossible yet after 16 games.

This should be Kaps award to lose though, no question. Hes 4 years older and ready for prime time. But I do appreciate your honesty that Stuetzle has to be considered the higher celling player. And inarguably he's the more valuable player across the board in eyes of the hockey world, not even remotely close there.

Last edited:

Kshahdoo

Mar 23, 2008
Moscow, Russia
And a rock solid one at that with the whole 16 game sample size in this totally normal season that you have to go by :laugh:.

Anyhow this will get us nowhere. Enjoy the race over the next 3 seasons, it will be an interesting one.

Well, if you forget his KHL and international records, then yeah, just 16 games. As for interesting race, that's for sure.

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
I mean next three years I would go with Kaprizov since he will be in his absolute prime and Ottawa still has to get it together.

But by the end of that three year period I'm confident it'll be Stuetzle from there on out

MuckOG

May 18, 2012
I see Kaprizov as roughly a PPG player (similar to Panarin) for the next 7-8 years. Are there similar expectations for Stutzle, or is it too soon to even speculate?

BKarchitect

Oct 12, 2017
Kansas City, MO
Compare Stutzle in 5 years to what Kaprizov is today.
Kaprizov is 4 years 9 months older.

Do people still not understand what the OP is asking? If it’s career projection, Stutzle will win in a landslide (and I’d vote for him although I’m not sure the gap is going to be as big as people expect, and that’s got nothing to do with Stutzle and everything to do with a potential Panarin-request impact by Kap)...that’s why that’s not the poll.

Conversely, if the question is simply this year, Kap should win easily - and yea, I’ve seen Stutzle this season and he’s had moments where he’s looked brilliant for a teenager. But Kap is on another level of driving play right now.

So...there’s a reason the OP asked NEITHER of these questions. I think he’s trying to determine where people expect the balance to change. It’s a reasonable thought...is Kap so good right now that for the next year or two he can expected to be a better NHL performer than Stutzle or is Stutzle going to be so good by his sophomore season that over the balance of these few immediate seasons, you’d still take him?

Reactions: MrCraigAnderson

Korpse

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
I see Kaprizov as roughly a PPG player (similar to Panarin) for the next 7-8 years. Are there similar expectations for Stutzle, or is it too soon to even speculate?

I don't think it's too soon to expect Stutzle will become a PPG player in short time given what he's shown. He has already shown good progression in just 20 games. In his first 10 he only managed 16 shots but the last 10 he has 33 shots. He keeps finding new ways to generate chances and it he looks very close to breaking out in a big way.

jbeck5

Jan 26, 2009
Yeah, stutzle started as a weak player with a couple flashes here and there who people were wondering if we should burn a year...to by far our most electric player creating stuff all the time...and it's been a month. Can't wait to see how he is in his last 10 games of the season. Will probably flirt with ppg next year.

Sun God Nika

Palestine <3.
Apr 22, 2013
Stützle has gotten so good so fast, I feel bad for everyone who voted Karprizov since the results are public.

jbeck5

Jan 26, 2009
Stützle has 8 points in his last 8 games. I honestly see him as almost a ppg player going forward from now on. He's that dynamic.

Reactions: keglu

Asquaredx2

Mar 10, 2008
I'm obviously very excited about Stutzle but it's likely Kaprizov for this season and next. Tim may have some more growing pains with the potential switch to C next year and just generally with the risk of a sophomore slump.

By year 3 I think it's looking like a toss-up IMO. Kaprizov is really good though, so it could still be him!

Reactions: Raccoon Jesus

Mubiki

Jan 10, 2013
Stützle has gotten so good so fast, I feel bad for everyone who voted Karprizov since the results are public.

Why, Kaprisov is really good. I mean.. really good.

I thought he was going to put up points. But he's physical for his size, plays defense, steals pucks, back checks, gives maximum effort constantly, never seems to tire...

He's not only met the hype thus far, he's completely shattered it. Yeah, we feel terrible..

kp61c

Apr 3, 2012
separate civilization
Well, it is not like Kaprizov has been a bum this season. There is nothing to be ashamed for picking him in this poll.
I voted Kaprizov before this season and publicly acknowledge my mistake
Was it enough? Did you get on your knees before publicly acknowledging your mistake?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad