Kaprizov vs. Stuetzle - Next 3 Years

• Kaprizov

• Stuetzle

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kuz

May 11, 2015
Next 3 years as asked in the opening post will most likely be Kaprizov. Stutzle might just break out next year, but most likely he need a couple of more years as playing on a young Ottawa team that are not that good yet isnt an easy task. While Kaprizov are in his prime production years and should be a ppg+ player the next years. I know they are both rookies, but they are on entirely different steps of their careers.

Reactions: NyQuil

ThatGuy22

Oct 11, 2011
Kaprizov had more goals in the KHL then Stutzle had in the DEL last year.

Has a chance to repeat that in the NHL this year. 24 goals to 26 points as of now.

Reactions: CristianoRonaldo

SpezDispenser

Aug 15, 2007
Kaprizov had more goals in the KHL then Stutzle had in the DEL last year.

Has a chance to repeat that in the NHL this year. 24 goals to 26 points as of now.

Yeah, because he's about 3 years ahead of him in terms of development. Odd, isn't it....

ThatGuy22

Oct 11, 2011
Yeah, because he's about 3 years ahead of him in terms of development. Odd, isn't it....

Catch up on the first 5 pages of the thread. Lot's of people assuring that it doesn't matter, and Stuetzle ainec. With a few people pointing out how ridiculous a comparison it was, and unrealistic the results of the poll were. Some of those people were spot on.....

Regardless of of what you think of their career projections and overall upside, it's more or less insane to think Stuetzle is going to be better 19-21 than Kaprizov 23-25.

We're talking about a jump for a 19 year old from the DEL, which is at best the 5th best European league,(KHL, SEL, Liiga, NLA, DEL?), where he had 31 points in 40 games(7th best on his team), to the NHL.

Compared to a jump for a 23 year old, who has been the best player in the 2nd best league in the world for the last 2 years.

Kaprizov had more goals in the KHL last year, than Stuetzle had points in the DEL. Different tier or not, over the next 3 years it's Kaprizov easy.

Literally the point i'm making.

The poll is for the next 3 years. That it's a Stuetzle landside is beyond the scope of the reality of their situation.

On top of that, there are far too many top 5 picks that go onto middling careers to say "Stuetzle Will have the better career for sure".

If I was placing a cash wager, i'd wager on the 23 year old's track record in the KHL, over the 19 years old prospect evaluations and play in the DEL.

Because reality exists.

And the reality of the situation is that while both top prospects, one is significantly more developed and scored more goals in the 2nd best league in the world, then Stutzle had total points in the 7th or 8th best league in the world (where he was the 7th highest scorer on his own team).

One is entering their scoring prime, while one is 4ish years off of it.

So, yes. Kaprizov over the next 3 years quite easily.

Sure. But that's not the poll. Who is better over the next 3 years. 19-21 year old Stutzle or 23-25 year old Kaprizov.

Unless he's McDavid, Matthews or Eichel, he's not likely to have a huge impact in years 1 and 2 at 19 and 20. Draisaitl didn't, Rantenan didn't, Kotkaniemi didn't. Svechnikov is proably the closest to having a major impact in year 2.

So you're counting on year 3 for him to provide SOOOO Much more value than Kaprizov to outweigh the previous two years.

Unless you think Kaprizov is simply going to bust out of the league, he's the obvious choice for this poll.

I personally would have expected a much better showing in the DEL if he is expected to have the type of impact immediately that's been talked about here.

And Kaprizov had the best season of any 20, 21 and 22 year old in KHL history.

And scored more goals than Stutzle had points at 23.

So yes, for the purpose of this poll, I'd expect Stutzle to have better DEL results if he is going to be better than Kaprizov over the next 3 seasons.

Or. And hear me out... As i've said a number of times... T H A T I S T H E E X A C T P O I N T I A M M A K I N G.

People are expecting a 19-21 year old coming from the 8th best league in the world, where he was great for an 18 year old, but just average for a pro to a 23-25 year old in his scoring prime who was just the best player in the 2nd best league in the world.

It's the entire point. It's not a fair comparison to Stutzle, but that its a landslide shows people aren't being realistic.

It's got nothing to do with Stutzle's ultimate upside.

SpezDispenser

Aug 15, 2007
Catch up on the first 5 pages of the thread. Lot's of people assuring that it doesn't matter, and Stuetzle ainec. With a few people pointing out how ridiculous a comparison it was, and unrealistic the results of the poll were. Some of those people were spot on.....
I think the first page is spot on. This year and probably the next Kaprizov, after that as Stützle gets stronger and assimilates fully into the league it's him.

ThatGuy22

Oct 11, 2011
I think the first page is spot on. This year and probably the next Kaprizov, after that as Stützle gets stronger and assimilates fully into the league it's him.

Maybe. Poll results are still stupid, given how much value he'd need to make up in that third year to catch him.

Pre-season at the start of this poll we also probably under-estimated Kaprizov's ultimate upside. He's putting up Panarin rookie numbers, with better goal scoring, a year younger and without Kane (or anything even resembling a top 6 Center).

SpezDispenser

Aug 15, 2007
Maybe. Poll results are still stupid, given how much value he'd need to make up in that third year to catch him.

Pre-season at the start of this poll we also probably under-estimated Kaprizov's ultimate upside. He's putting up Panarin rookie numbers, with better goal scoring, a year younger and without Kane (or anything even resembling a top 6 Center).
That's why I almost never bother with polls. These are 2 electric young players in the league that both teams are thrilled to have.

Regal

Mar 12, 2010
Vancouver

Different scoring league. Panarin was 9th in points and 10th in points per game. Kaprizov is in a 6-way tie for 30th in points and a 5-way tie for 35th in points per game.

Reactions: Sensinitis

ThatGuy22

Oct 11, 2011
Different scoring league. Panarin was 9th in points and 10th in points per game. Kaprizov is in a 6-way tie for 30th in points and a 5-way tie for 35th in points per game.
And 10th in goals in the higher scoring league. Probably atleast 1/3rd of which, were incredible individual effort by himself.

MuckOG

May 18, 2012

If only Kaprizov had a future HHOF player on his other wing feeding him the puck.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->