• Stuetzle

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Muffin

Avalanche Flavoured
Aug 14, 2009
Edmonton
Ottawa's been in a constant rebuild for how many years now? Do you honestly think anything changes even with their prospects? As long as Melnyk has the keys, the Senators are a doomed franchise and always will be.

Regarding Minnesota, in addition to Kaprizov and Fiala, Boldy and Rossi will be on their way and the Wild will get TWO first round picks this year.
Honestly that list of names don't really impress me. Also all joking aside, Kaprisov is 24 and from the same draft as guys like McDavid, Eichel, Marner and Rantanen who are established stars in the league. Let's not pretend like he's some kid with untapped potential here.

16thOverallSaveUs

Danila Yurov Fan Club Executive Assistant
May 2, 2018
Wouldn't surprise me. Minnesota is full of mediocre players while Ottawa has a lot of young top end talent. Sanderson is on his way and they'll get another top pick this year.

Minnesota hasn't made the playoffs yet and they missed the last 2 years. No the play ins are not playoffs.
So many whole on that roster. Historically, teams don't do well when trying to fill those holes with 19 and 20 year olds either. The forward group may be passable as a playoff team in the next few years, but you need more depth, about 3 top 4 defensmen, and a Goalie. I'd say Ott makes the playoffs in about 4 years.

MuckOG

May 18, 2012
Honestly that list of names don't really impress me. Also all joking aside, Kaprisov is 24 and from the same draft as guys like McDavid, Eichel, Marner and Rantanen who are established stars in the league. Let's not pretend like he's some kid with untapped potential here.

Kaprizov is 23.

SensontheRush

Never said it was Sunshine
Apr 27, 2010
Ottawa
Might as well stop reading after the bolded text....can't take anything else in this post seriously after that.

There's an argument to be made over which player, Stutzle or Kaprizov will be the better player in 2 years...but in no way will the Sens be a better team than the Wild. The Wild are already a playoff team, how long will it take for the Sens to even equal that?

A lot can change in two years buddy.

You are going to have to break in your prospects sooner or later to replace your aging out vets. Let's see how that goes :)

Reactions: SENStastic

SENStastic

Sep 27, 2015
Might as well stop reading after the bolded text....can't take anything else in this post seriously after that.

There's an argument to be made over which player, Stutzle or Kaprizov will be the better player in 2 years...but in no way will the Sens be a better team than the Wild. The Wild are already a playoff team, how long will it take for the Sens to even equal that?

You really think this? Maybe Stutzle is the better player, certainly wouldn’t bet on that yet, but you think the Senators will be better than the Wild in 2 years? Ok, keep dreaming. You guys are a ways away from making the playoffs still.

Actually yes I do. I know Ottawa has been a tire fire for a while, but we will be improving significantly next year, and take another big step the year after. The thing is all our prospects are just entering the NHL now, but they're well into their development curve. In 2 years time most will be entering their primes. So ya I expect us to be a bubble playoff team then, and I don't see the Wilde being anything better than that. I might be a little early and it takes another year to happen, but the Sense should be a better team by the 3rd year at the latest and going forward.

MuckOG

May 18, 2012
Actually yes I do. I know Ottawa has been a tire fire for a while, but we will be improving significantly next year, and take another big step the year after. The thing is all our prospects are just entering the NHL now, but they're well into their development curve. In 2 years time most will be entering their primes. So ya I expect us to be a bubble playoff team then, and I don't see the Wilde being anything better than that. I might be a little early and it takes another year to happen, but the Sense should be a better team by the 3rd year at the latest and going forward.

Curious to know how many Wild games have you watched this season to help you arrive at this opinion?

16thOverallSaveUs

Danila Yurov Fan Club Executive Assistant
May 2, 2018
Your bias is showing. Look at recent teams who have spent years at the basement floor. The rebuild doesn't go as smooth as fans think it's going to. Draft picks miss. teams that rely on a bunch of young guys for success tend to fail and experience growing pains. a step forward can be followed by two steps back. A losing culture is a hard thing for an organization to shake.

Reactions: SENStastic

SENStastic

Sep 27, 2015
Curious to know how many Wild games have you watched this season to help you arrive at this opinion?

a few, probably five or six. Enough for an impression. I don't see much that impresses except for Kaprizov, Fiala, Kahkonen and probably Rossi. I expect the rest of the team to decline every year.

SENStastic

Sep 27, 2015
Your bias is showing. Look at recent teams who have spent years at the basement floor. The rebuild doesn't go as smooth as fans think it's going to. Draft picks miss. teams that rely on a bunch of young guys for success tend to fail and experience growing pains. a step forward can be followed by two steps back. A losing culture is a hard thing for an organization to shake.

Yes you could be right, its not like I don't realize there are growing pains. But I'm pretty optimistic.

MuckOG

May 18, 2012
a few, probably five or six. Enough for an impression. I don't see much that impresses except for Kaprizov, Fiala, Kahkonen and probably Rossi. I expect the rest of the team to decline every year.

Interesting considering that Rossi hasn't played this year due to COVID.

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
Stu having just turned 19 kind of makes this an easy choice.

The gap between the two probably won't be huge but Stu has more room to grow.

Chrisinroch

Jan 5, 2013
The Golden Triangle
Admit what? I have Talbot and Fiala on my fantasy team, I don't exclusively just follow the Sens. And calm down, you seem triggered.

Totally off topic, but whenever I see someone use the word “triggered” either ironically or seriously, I think the same thing about their mental acuity.

It’s all good. Your take just made it clear that you’ve never watched this year’s Wild Team actually play except maybe highlights. There’s no sin in pretending you know what you’re talking about. This is a message board after all. Just maybe make it less obvious next time.

SENStastic

Sep 27, 2015
Totally off topic, but whenever I see someone use the word “triggered” either ironically or seriously, I think the same thing about their mental acuity.

It’s all good. Your take just made it clear that you’ve never watched this year’s Wild Team actually play except maybe highlights. There’s no sin in pretending you know what you’re talking about. This is a message board after all. Just maybe make it less obvious next time.
I literally just said in my previous post that I watched a few games because I have a couple players from the team on my fantasy roster. Now you can keep on shit posting and keep on jumping in just to call me a liar, that's your prerogative. But those are my opinions and I stand buy them, and I don't give a shit whether you believe me or not. Minnesota is a decent team but I don't see them much more than middle of the pack, and I expect it to stay that way in the next few years as well. If youre on here just for the slug fest, then go ahead, but I'm not interested in that. Piss off

Chrisinroch

Jan 5, 2013
The Golden Triangle
I literally just said in my previous post that I watched a few games because I have a couple players from the team on my fantasy roster. Now you can keep on shit posting and keep on jumping in just to call me a liar, that's your prerogative. But those are my opinions and I stand buy them, and I don't give a shit whether you believe me or not. Minnesota is a decent team but I don't see them much more than middle of the pack, and I expect it to stay that way in the next few years as well. If youre on here just for the slug fest, then go ahead, but I'm not interested in that. Piss off
Yeah I understand. I casually follow the Senators too. I love watching Alfredsson score with that signature move. He’s awesome. Very important piece if the Sens are gonna make a playoff run.

Last edited:
Reactions: kp61c

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
I think I'd probably suggest that in two years the Wild will be the better team, but the Wild aren't the Lightning. They aren't even the Avalanche or Leafs. They are one of many teams that could either be bad in two years or good. Their range of outcomes is pretty high. It's not inconceivable that Ottawa could be better.

What Minnesota has going for them is stability. They never seem to get that bad. They have a very underrated defensive core that keeps producing year after year. However, Kaprizov and some prospects, none of which are elite top 5-10 type prospects leaguewide, aren't going to be enough to shake the boring label that most place on the Wild. Maybe it's starting to improve, but let's not act like its not out there. Most Wild fans still probably think they don't have enough offense in their team.

Ottawa has a long way to go before they are a playoff team, but its not inconceivable that they could be a playoff team in a few seasons. They need better goaltending, some further development from their defense, and to hit on their next few high picks, and they could be a playoff team within a few years. Young players like Tkachuk, Chabot, Stuetzle is a good start to building a core. Minnesota might be the better team now, but their young core is not at the same level. Meanwhile, what if the Wild's core players start playing their age and their bad contracts start piling up, like many suggested could happen? I don't know why it's being dismissed that Ottawa could end up better in a few years.

Northerner

Feb 23, 2017
It's funny, I have started to rethink this comparison now that Wild folks are all gungho that Kaprizov has now surpassed Gaborik's Wild rookie goals record.

The difference between Gaborik's R campaign and Kaprizovs:

Gabby was 18yo
Kap is now 23yo (and "warmed up" ina tough KHL league).

What I am saying is these comparisons are not fair. You have to look at the totality of these players' careers when they are all said and done.

Bruce Granville

Oct 11, 2014
Yeah I understand. I casually follow the Senators too. I love watching Alfredsson score with that signature move. He’s awesome. Very important piece if the Sens are gonna make a playoff run.
Don‘t forget the other great Swede...Erik Karlsson.
Those two players make the Sens contenders.

Reactions: Chrisinroch
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad