Proposal: Kapanen + for Braun

LucicAndChong

formerly known as Big Sugar
Jan 22, 2018
Ontario, Canada
Not when you are talking top 4 D . Heck I seen TML fan have him as the main piece for a top pairing D .
I don’t think that’s right, he isn’t the main piece for a top 4D, but instead more of like 2 players of his caliber and a pick, but he is a better player than just a sweetner

pheasant

Nov 2, 2010
Not when you are talking top 4 D . Heck I seen TML fan have him as the main piece for a top pairing D .

I agree. And his value to the Sharks is the only real concern, here. Even if Toronto, or other teams, value Kapanen as a 3LW, the Sharks sure don't.

I'd offer a 1st rounder for Braun. He's the exact element the Leafs blueline is missing.

TAYGB52

Sep 20, 2018
Kapanen moves up to the first line and explodes all over Chicago!
Huge night for the kid!
1G-1A And was dominant on the p.k.
That’s why you don’t trade a cheap, young, controllable asset like him for a thirty one year old dman!

hector morrison

Apr 1, 2018
Huge night for the kid!
That’s why you don’t trade a cheap, young, controllable asset like him for a thirty one year old dman!
Everyone needs a chance to shine,Ennis wasn't effective tonite ,so I tip my hat to Babs,a rare decision by him!

Groo

May 11, 2013
surfingarippleofevil
Huge night for the kid!
The leafs defense also showed it needs help

TAYGB52

Sep 20, 2018
The leafs defense also showed it needs help
True. But with average goaltending tonight we would have been just fine. Now, having said that, Cam Ward wasn't very good for the Hawks either but we had to work soooo much harder for our goals then they did! Sparks looked like it was his first time in goalie equipment tonight!
And I gotta be honest, after watching around ten Sharks games last year, 1 this preseason and their season opener...I don't think Braun would be enough to fix our defensive issues.

TAYGB52

Sep 20, 2018
Everyone needs a chance to shine,Ennis wasn't effective tonite ,so I tip my hat to Babs,a rare decision by him!
"Everyone needs a chance to shine" is exactly my initial point in this thread. That you don't right off a 22 year old that has a grand total of 55 games under his belt. Guys develop at their own pace.

Groo

May 11, 2013
surfingarippleofevil
True. But with average goaltending tonight we would have been just fine. Now, having said that, Cam Ward wasn't very good for the Hawks either but we had to work soooo much harder for our goals then they did! Sparks looked like it was his first time in goalie equipment tonight!
And I gotta be honest, after watching around ten Sharks games last year, 1 this preseason and their season opener...I don't think Braun would be enough to fix our defensive issues.
Which one guy could ?

Sota Popinski

Registered Boozer
Sponsor
Apr 26, 2017
Minneapolis
Huge night for the kid!
He got two points in a game where 13 goals were scored. Let's slow down a bit.

Holymakinaw

May 22, 2007
Toronto
Huge night for the kid!

Leafs had to score 7 goals just to win. And they lost to Ottawa, giving up 5.

They could use a good 31 year old Defenceman. Or two. Or three.

Sysreq

Apr 9, 2015
Sharks don’t have a need for Krapinan. The entire hockey world is commenting on Toronto’s anemic defense though. I dunno if Braun is your guy, but last time a team with an exceptional offense and no defense found themselves in this position it turned into Hall for Larsson.

Marner for Trouba perhaps?

Toronto you are on the wrong side of this trade. It’s going to cost you more and more as the league catches wind of your obvious faults.

Ridley Simon

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Marin County — SF Bay Area, CA
Have you ever considered that maybe it’s your evaluations that are incorrect?

so says the guy that keeps calling Kapenen a top prospect and one of the Leafs "best". Kapenen's value has dwindled quite a bit, and it keeps dwindling.

Like it or not, 22 is not considered young anymore. It's not 19 or 20. Kapenen seems to have flatlined. Reason Leaf fans like him so much is because of 2 things: He's fast, and he's the only real piece left from the Kessel deal.

Kapenen is like Madison Bowey from my Capitals. Young but flatlining. Was worth a lot more 2yrs ago, and is when they should have been dealt (if they were to be dealt).

Mar 26, 2010
The Leafs need to keep Kapanen. If Nylander does not come back (which is looking more like the case) we need him to play with Matthews.

hector morrison

Apr 1, 2018
Sharks don’t have a need for Krapinan. The entire hockey world is commenting on Toronto’s anemic defense though. I dunno if Braun is your guy, but last time a team with an exceptional offense and no defense found themselves in this position it turned into Hall for Larsson.

Marner for Trouba perhaps?

Toronto you are on the wrong side of this trade. It’s going to cost you more and more as the league catches wind of your obvious faults.
Criticizes Kappy for Braun....suggests Marner for Trouba....A glimpse of your humor,perhaps,or are you serious? I choose the humor option,as it is Effing hilarious!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad