Proposal: Kapanen + for Braun

Sysreq

Apr 9, 2015
Criticizes Kappy for Braun....suggests Marner for Trouba....A glimpse of your humor,perhaps,or are you serious? I choose the humor option,as it is Effing hilarious!

The only thing making people laugh is giving up 13 goals to bottom feeder teams. The market is set at Hall for Larsson. No one is going to gift you a defenseman when you are this desperate for one.

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
True. But with average goaltending tonight we would have been just fine. Now, having said that, Cam Ward wasn't very good for the Hawks either but we had to work soooo much harder for our goals then they did! Sparks looked like it was his first time in goalie equipment tonight!
And I gotta be honest, after watching around ten Sharks games last year, 1 this preseason and their season opener...I don't think Braun would be enough to fix our defensive issues.

This isn't something you should be saying publicly. Admitting that your decision is based on severely limited information is not a good thing to project. lol

hector morrison

Apr 1, 2018
The only thing making people laugh is giving up 13 goals to bottom feeder teams. The market is set at Hall for Larsson. No one is going to gift you a defenseman when you are this desperate for one.
The market is set? Maybe in a fantasy world! Not many mistakes of that caliber have happened or will happen again because some jack-ass GM doesn't know what he is doing! This Leaf Management group would never make that kind of a deal! Giving up 13 goals but still won 2 games...how did that happen?

Allhailtheleafs

Feb 18, 2018

This is comical... Do you follow hockey. Guess you didn't see that karlsson was trade to the sharks for penny on the dollar. But yeah, any trade for a defence man will mimic the hall for Larson trade

Spirit of 67

Nov 25, 2016
Aurora, On.
Okay then I need some clarification; Is it that DeMelo and Tierney (plus a couple picks) are better than the reigning MVP or is it that Larsson is better than a 2 time Norris winner in his prime?
Ya know, since the market was set 2 years earlier.

Ridley Simon

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Marin County — SF Bay Area, CA
I don't think you have a clue and quite frankly i'm getting bored with you!
Braun is a top four on the sharks...that does not mean he is a top four on other teams!!!
Wasn't Hamonic a #2/3 on Long Island? Well he hasn't played like that in Calgary!
Do you see what i'm getting at? Just because Braun works on your top 2 pairings doesn't mean he will on the Leafs!
We don't have a Vlasic to pair him with and I'm not giving up one of our top prospects for a guy that might not be better than Hainsey in our top 4. IDK
Just like you don't know what Kapanen is or could be yet time and time again you choose to speak in absolutes with regards to him???!!!

Braun would be a top 4 on pretty much every team.
Kapenen would struggle to make top 9 on almost all contenders.

Braun is worth a lot more than Kapanen.

The Mentalist

Jun 29, 2018

Didn't Ottawa just gifted you Karlsson for your scraps? Hall for Larsson trade? What about Sergachev for Drouin?

Dustin

Sep 24, 2014
Not sure what Kap's actual value is but he has not looked out of place on Matthews wing and as long as that continues he'll be far more valuable to the Leafs than another team.

Ridley Simon

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
You're not getting a better player than Kapanen in the late first/2nd round.

He's a solid #3 RW with 20 goal potential. Pker and skates like the wind.

Thats just silly. Plenty of top 4D and top 6 F's were late 1st or 2nd round players. Tons and tons.

More Leaf Fan Hyperbole here. Kapanen is Meh. We will see if he can change that. but right now.....meh with a capital M

shortfuze

Apr 23, 2007
toronto
God forbid Toronto play 3 crappy games And still come out of it with 2 wins. They’ll be fine. They are working out the kinks. Their defence was 12th in the league last year. Watch the difference in their defence when the offense is firing on all cylinders.

Reactions: Max Money

The List Of Jericho

Judas effect
Mar 1, 2002
Toronto

Just because the Oilers were idiots doesn't mean the rest of the league follows suit. The Hawks are bottom feeders now? Haha

The List Of Jericho

Judas effect
Mar 1, 2002
Toronto
Sure. I can wait and see. If he gets 10, that would be an accomplishment

Have you legit watched the kid play? He's one of the fastest players in the league and would be bagging a ton more points if he wasn't saddled on a 4th line role. They put him with Matthews for half the game yesterday and he bagged a great goal and a hell of an assist.

MalkinsPierogi

Aug 15, 2016
Indiana, PA
So to all of you who are just flinging crap at the wall...

Kapanen for Braun is actually a pretty fair deal for both sides. San Jose isn't going to "not" trade with Toronto just because the Leafs have holes on defense... Kapanen upgrades San Jose's offense, and they have other defensemen who are ready to step into Braun's shoes. Kapanen is just 22, and he shows flashes of great skill. He's going to be a solid player. He's actually more valuable than Braun just due to age, but Braun is an experienced vet that Toronto could use.

I don't get why people act like it's such a bad proposal... Some of you are just on here to smear other teams :confused:

Reactions: Toronto makebeleifs

Sysreq

Apr 9, 2015
San Jose doesn’t need another ride-along winger. Special K doesn’t fit our team needs, nor do we want to help a potential cup contender (if you have a d-core..). There is zero reason for San Jose to make this trade. Toronto is so desperate but you simply aren’t understanding San Jose’s needs. Do you have any interest in Melker Karlsson? No, probably not. It’s not happening.

Let me ask you, where do you think he fits:

Timo - Thornton - Pavelski?
Hertl - Couture - Labanc?
Donskoi - Sumomela - Kane? (Our best line btw)

Jaleel619

Nov 16, 2016
SJ
It has more to do with Leafs needing more help on D than Sharks needing depth forwards. Also, with Nylander, don't you think DW would be looking to take advantage of that? The message for sharks is to win a Cup, not bail out the leafs. If the final was between Sharks and Leafs, id rather have the better defense and the option to do Vlasic-Braun when EK/Burns is gassed from a PP.

Reactions: Groo

Ridley Simon

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Have you legit watched the kid play? He's one of the fastest players in the league and would be bagging a ton more points if he wasn't saddled on a 4th line role. They put him with Matthews for half the game yesterday and he bagged a great goal and a hell of an assist.

Yes, I have. As I stated, he’s def fast. But the rest of his game seems rather undeveloped. His hands are ok, his shot is ok. His vision seems ok (rather pedestrian).

I’m reading that he’s become more defensively responsible...I’m assuming he needed to do that, in order to play for Babs. But I don’t see some “break out” ability here, where he’s going to be a strong top 6 contributor on a good team.

Again, Braun is def worth more to an NHL team than Kapanen. That could change down the line, but it’s not the case now. Toronto needs defensive help, stat. As many have stated, I don’t see Kapanen as near enough by himself to get the type of player the Leafs need. I saw Braun for Kapanen and a 2nd. That is far closer. But the Sharks don’t need a 4th line W

Sysreq

Apr 9, 2015
Just because the Oilers were idiots doesn't mean the rest of the league follows suit. The Hawks are bottom feeders now? Haha

Oilers didn’t have any options. And soon, neither will the Maple Leafs. No GM is going to gift you the piece you NEED when they realize they can extort you for so much more. They did it to Chia and they’re 100% gonna do it to you. Edmonton fans were saying the exact same stuff in their threads. Always some bottom-6 winger with “so much potential”.

TAYGB52

Sep 20, 2018
Braun would be a top 4 on pretty much every team.
Kapenen would struggle to make top 9 on almost all contenders.

Braun is worth a lot more than Kapanen.
Yes, I have. As I stated, he’s def fast. But the rest of his game seems rather undeveloped. His hands are ok, his shot is ok. His vision seems ok (rather pedestrian).

I’m reading that he’s become more defensively responsible...I’m assuming he needed to do that, in order to play for Babs. But I don’t see some “break out” ability here, where he’s going to be a strong top 6 contributor on a good team.

Again, Braun is def worth more to an NHL team than Kapanen. That could change down the line, but it’s not the case now. Toronto needs defensive help, stat. As many have stated, I don’t see Kapanen as near enough by himself to get the type of player the Leafs need. I saw Braun for Kapanen and a 2nd. That is far closer. But the Sharks don’t need a 4th line W
“The Sharks don’t need a fourth line winger”? No, you’re right! Why would a team with One or two legit prospects (gambrell & merkley) want a another one, right?!?
But Kapanen only a fourth liner so he’s not worth much anyway, right?

Sysreq

Apr 9, 2015
“The Sharks don’t need a fourth line winger”? No, you’re right! Why would a team with One or two legit prospects (gambrell & merkley) want a another one, right?!?
But Kapanen only a fourth liner so he’s not worth much anyway, right?

Everyone always under estimate the Sharks prospects. Gambrell is not even like top-5 for us. I think both of the Ch-twins, DeSimone, Chartier, Merks obviously, Habljagwaks maybe. Like honestly bro, Gambrell isn’t very good.

TAYGB52

Sep 20, 2018
This isn't something you should be saying publicly. Admitting that your decision is based on severely limited information is not a good thing to project. lol
That’s why I keep saying stuff like “I don’t think and I’m not convinced”
where as people like you say stuff like “ this guy is this, this guy is that and this guy is definitely worth this”
Stop being silly!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad