Player Discussion K'Andre Miller

romba

Aug 2, 2005
New Jersey
Rodgers cleared to practice. That's absolutely ridiculous, but good for him.

I really hope he doesn't come back this year. There's just no point in doing so. He also has to remember that as a member of the Jets, luck is not on his side and he will almost certainly suffer an internal decapitation his first game back. Just stay away, dude.
mmhmm mmhmm go on

Harbour Dog

Jul 16, 2015
St. John's
23 year old player, who was a late transition to D, has an occasional hiccup, that he normally covers with his freakish athleticism. Otherwise scores at about 0.5 P/GP at even strength, and continues to improve his reads and fundamentals, despite already being the 2nd or 3rd best defenseman on the team.

Yeah, seems like the right guy to shit on.

leetch99

Leetch66 Joined 2007
Oct 5, 2017
PEI Canada
It's fun watching him when he jumps on pucks like he did on the first goal.
I thought he did OK last night in the Nash game . Seemed a bit more aggressive then usual . This team will be a force if we are patient with Miller .He has the tools and now we are slowly seeing his tool box evolve .

bbny

Unregistered User
Apr 12, 2019
Miller is an upper echelon defenseman at carrying the puck and joining the rush. He's got a gift. Like some others though, I'm not sold defensively.

TopShelfSnipes

May 5, 2011
USA
If he just adds the awareness to recognize when he is the last man back and not try to step up in that instance, or when he and his partner are back and 3 are attacking, that alone would do wonders for his game.

Raspewtin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 30, 2013
If he just adds the awareness to recognize when he is the last man back and not try to step up in that instance, or when he and his partner are back and 3 are attacking, that alone would do wonders for his game.
that's much easier to do/get away with consistently when a slug like Trouba isn't covering you.

Reactions: zlev

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
It might be a coincidence (I don't think it is) but he was away from Trouba for half a game and looked like Al MacInnis.

I hate that pair.

Reactions: I Eat Crow

I Eat Crow

Fear The Mullet
Jul 9, 2007
It might be a coincidence (I don't think it is) but he was away from Trouba for half a game and looked like Al MacInnis.

I hate that pair.
He looked like Larry Robinson the minute he got minutes with Schneider and Fox. Very odd but you have to go with what works.

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
He looked like Larry Robinson the minute he got minutes with Schneider and Fox. Very odd but you have to go with what works.
It's not that odd. He and Trouba don't really make sense as partners. It's another case of the Rangers thinking something works just because it exists.

McRanger92

Jun 7, 2017
It's not that odd. He and Trouba don't really make sense as partners. It's another case of the Rangers thinking something works just because it exists.

That pairing worked when we were still rebuilding and Miller was learning the league. Time to let him spread his wings

bogans

Mar 24, 2007
Philly
Miller has more potential than any other defenseman in the NHL in my opinion and has a path to reach that potential in the next three or four years. He has tools that should be illegal. That all said, he makes some real bad decisions like pinching at real inopportune times and letting up massive odd man rushes, he gets his pocket picked when holding the puck for too long, he makes cross ice passes instead of dumping it deep when really needed. But I feel like Lavi is a great coach to help him with that bad decision making and can help him to reach that potential that he has. Honestly, more excited about his potential than any of the young Norris contenders like Hughes, Fox, Makar, and Josi. If Miller hits his potential he is literally a new era Pronger at the top of his domination when he dictated games for 30 minutes on the ice everyday.

Mugless

Aug 26, 2004
Miller is an upper echelon defenseman at carrying the puck and joining the rush. He's got a gift. Like some others though, I'm not sold defensively.
Put him on the wing with Mika and Kreider, he'd score 30 goals. 5v5 problem solved. Now about that hole on D.....

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
Miller has more potential than any other defenseman in the NHL in my opinion and has a path to reach that potential in the next three or four years. He has tools that should be illegal. That all said, he makes some real bad decisions like pinching at real inopportune times and letting up massive odd man rushes, he gets his pocket picked when holding the puck for too long, he makes cross ice passes instead of dumping it deep when really needed. But I feel like Lavi is a great coach to help him with that bad decision making and can help him to reach that potential that he has. Honestly, more excited about his potential than any of the young Norris contenders like Hughes, Fox, Makar, and Josi. If Miller hits his potential he is literally a new era Pronger at the top of his domination when he dictated games for 30 minutes on the ice everyday.
It would be good if we had somebody covering for him so he could use his skills.

Trouba doesn't really have a sense of holding back because his partner is taking a risk. He does what he feels like doing. It's one of the reasons the pair doesn't work.

The other reason is that Miller does get in trouble in traffic with his long stick and having Trouba as an outlet is like having gasoline to put out a fire. Somebody like Fox who excels in traffic would be a good partner.

I know some people don't like that because "OMG they're both offense!" but it's way more nuanced than that. Fox has an incredible hockey sense and can make and receive passes from anywhere. Miller takes a lot of risks and his biggest weakness is passing. It seems like a match to me.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad