Player Discussion K'Andre Miller

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
I'm not concerned about Miller as an individual at all.

I'm concerned that after two years on the Rangers, a former forward handles the puck like he's on fire and he has a hole in his stick.

I hope cleaning out the staff a bit addresses the deterioration of puck skills in this organization.

RangersFan1994

Aug 20, 2019
I'm not concerned about Miller as an individual at all.

I'm concerned that after two years on the Rangers, a former forward handles the puck like he's on fire and he has a hole in his stick.

I hope cleaning out the staff a bit addresses the deterioration of puck skills in this organization.

The skills coach whatever his name is still here. He has to go.

Felidae

Sep 30, 2016
I came across this detailed highlight video of K'andre Miller from last season showcasing both his offense (including a lot of plays that didnt result in goals) and his defensive play.

The channel has the most detailed player highlights out there, including Fox and Shesterkin from the 2021-22 season.

Thought rangers fans would be interested.

Reactions: SnowblindNYR

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad
I feel like Miller has been pinching less and as a result has had guys get behind him less.

I feel like people see what they want to see when this happens.

Pinching and having support behind you = it’s okay. His aggression here is not something you want to take away. Not only does it extend zone time, it also will kill rushes before they have a chance to start. He has the length and wheels to be successful doing this and is. If he gets caught every 10 attempts (where support doesn’t exist) still a massive net positive.

PANARIN BREAD FAN

Feb 18, 2019
when was the last time a team had 2 guys in defense that both made it to the all star team in the same season? i can see this happening within the next couple of years.

mike14

Rampage Sherpa
Jun 22, 2006
Melbourne
when was the last time a team had 2 guys in defense that both made it to the all star team in the same season? i can see this happening within the next couple of years.
Niedermayer (1st) and Pronger (2nd) in 06-07
or, if you mean both on the 1st team then Chelios and Lidstrom in 01-02

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
Love how the guy is underrated and overlooked even on here sometimes. When he puts up 50 points with pretty much no pp time and no reason he can't keep getting better and better. Long reach/skates like the wind. good luck teaching that.

Levitate

Jul 29, 2004
I think Miller is always gonna be a guy who makes some "boneheaded" plays and looks awkward at time but if you can pull back and look at his overall impact then you'll see a dynamic player who's a net positive.

That does rely on him shoring up some of his D a bit but I think it's more a consistency thing and needing Trouba to pull his own weight as well

RangersFan1994

Aug 20, 2019
It's a shame Trouba's mentoring of Miller when Miller was a rookie and 2ed year player didn't have any effect on Miller. For a guy that is supposedly a physical specimen, for a guy that has size and supposedly in great shape, plays a very soft passive game. If that didn't get out of his game by now, I doubt that ever changes. Laviolette should really bench him for being passive and lazy.

IchabodCrane

Mar 11, 2023
It's a shame Trouba's mentoring of Miller when Miller was a rookie and 2ed year player didn't have any effect on Miller. For a guy that is supposedly a physical specimen, for a guy that has size and supposedly in great shape, plays a very soft passive game. If that didn't get out of his game by now, I doubt that ever changes. Laviolette should really bench him for being passive and lazy.
I agree. I personally can’t stand his lazy stick checks and the ability of anyone to get around him. Watch him on the boards, he literally loses EVERY battle. He is by far the weakest man on our team. Slightly above avg offensively does not make up for his terrible defense.

McRanger92

Jun 7, 2017

I love that this thread is only activated to complain when Miller has his one bad game a month. Was anyone whinging about his soft passive game after he was a force against Boston?

Ruggs225

Oct 15, 2007
Long Island, NY
I dont know. I still see a really dumb hockey player who has freakish athletic ability that can cover a majority of his mental lapses.

Trouba is carrying that pair, and i cant wait for Fox to get back so gussy goes to PP2 and kicks miller off.

Miller is not good on the PP. millers strength is on the rush where he can use his speed and physical ability. Once set up in O-zone he makes tons of bad reads and loses the puck.

Personally I think he is overrated and have been saying this for years that his mental side will hold him back from reaching his physical potential.

hardnosed

Feb 27, 2017
He's got so much talent that you have to look past the fact that he doesn't have a clue fundamentally. I don't even think he's soft. He looks that way because he's tentative because he isn't sure where he's supposed to be or do on defense. It is what it is. Got to take the good with the bad

Reactions: tlk

Filthy Dangles

Registered User*
Oct 23, 2014
Tough look on the backbreaking 2nd goal last night.....lets Tuch easily get to the dump in after he missed playing it with his hand and then just lets him totally get body position on him right in front of the net when he scored, no resistance just steps right in front of him...

He's very frustrating sometimes

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad