Player Discussion K'Andre Miller

Raspewtin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 30, 2013
Noticed there was no thread for him, so here it is

He has evolved tremendously this year, especially in the last few months. His body positioning and ability to recover is outstanding. The difference between him being a top pair D and a top 4 guy, to me, is his ability to know when to stick check and when to use his body to cut off plays. and it feels like he's developing that skill years ahead of schedule. he's just been incredibly solid lately.

also, he takes more offensive chances than Laf and Kakko combined. waddup with that?

egelband

Sep 6, 2008
He's been our best defenseman since the break. He's been playing with much better pace and intensity

he still has astronomical potential. As a shutdown cold blanket and as an offensive talent.
Yep. Truly a modern defenseman. Nowadays forwards must play strong defense and defenseman must be able to contribute to the attack. KAM can do it all.

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad
He can eat up forwards when he’s going well. Needs to leverage his entire body when closing people out more often rather than just using his arms but that’s been there often enough lately so perhaps he’s learning.

Absolutely smoked point tonight which should shut up the folks who think he should be killing everyone because he’s 6’5” for at least 12 hours.

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
He can eat up forwards when he’s going well. Needs to leverage his entire body when closing people out more often rather than just using his arms but that’s been there often enough lately so perhaps he’s learning.

Absolutely smoked point tonight which should shut up the folks who think he should be killing everyone because he’s 6’5” for at least 12 hours.
He's shrinking in 12 hours?

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
Best draft pick not named Lundqvist or Shesterkin in decades for this team, I think. At least I can't think of anyone better. Though Kreider is up there. I think Miller will be a better player most years. Not including this year of course which is bonkers for Kreider. And who knows maybe the best is yet to come for him.
Thank you Anaheim and above all thank you Boston. The freaking Nash trade gave us basically our entire LHD since Nemeth really doesn't count as an actual dman right now lol (ok ok that was a bit harsh)

ThirdEye

Nov 28, 2006
New York
Amazing progress this year yet people still shit on him repeatedly every time the barely 22 year old dares to make a mistake.

Him and Trouba have been our best defensive pairing this season. And recently it hasn't even been close

Reactions: SnowblindNYR

Raspewtin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 30, 2013
Amazing progress this year yet people still shit on him repeatedly every time the barely 22 year old dares to make a mistake.

Him and Trouba have been our best defensive pairing this season. And recently it hasn't even been close
this is so ironic too lol. Miller is making mistakes because he takes chances offensively and tries to make plays happen. But he learns from them and corrects them. Now he's moving all over the ice always looking for plays and stepping up at the blueline a lot. I'd love for kakko or laf to take half the chances he does.

Mac n Gs

Gorton plz
Jan 17, 2014
This fan base has wanted a rebuild for as long as I've been a fan of this team and they can't even be patient with a kid that a top 4 defenseman out of the gate.
It’s with every young player, and the complaints are always blaming them and not the team for rarely putting them in positions to succeed.

Regardless, the amount of growth in K’Andre’s game has been remarkable, and he continues to round into a really good two-way defenseman. I think we’ll see his offense take off in a year or two as he continues to round into form

• Love
Reactions: SnowblindNYR

Riche16

McCready guitar god
Aug 13, 2008
The Dreaded Middle
Am super impressed by the speed of his decision making and his size... seeing him up close last night I was stunned. When he bulks up a bit he's going to be a MONSTER (not that he isn't now)

He also genuinely looks like he's having fun playing a game

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
Sure he has a bobble here and there because he's barely out of being a rookie, but man oh man is his future bright. Honestly, I could maybe see the C on his chest one day. One of my favorite players on the team.

He seems too introverted to be the captain. Even though I realize not every captain is Mess.

Harbour Dog

Jul 16, 2015
St. John's
Anyone remember about when he threw that hit on Point last night? I missed the game, and it wasn't part of the highlight package I watched this morning.

duhmetreE

Blessed Bigly
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2012
Literally Hedman type of potential. If not greater, since he's a better athlete.

I was ridiculed for saying it last year. He had the potential of being one of the top shutdown defenseman in the league... No shutdown defender has his toolbox. He smothers players. He literally made Crosby swing his purse out of frustration

You see the glimpses of every facet of the game.... and it's coming together. Hedman was not Hedman until his mid 20's. Don't forget that... and KAM was really raw as a defender... Point totals will be limited as well because of his PP usage.

He's untouchable and I'd try to lock him up long term when given the opportunity

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $2,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille
    Wagers: 3