GDT: Kamp nummer 8 - Ducks møter Stars klokken 5 PT og 8 ET 10/20/2013

Ducks Nation*

Mar 19, 2013
How was he not given a penalty you could have picked whatever you would have liked, Charging or Elbow.

la patineuse

Aug 21, 2010
Good. The NHL better get serious and consistent with head injuries and hits to the head regardless of outcome/injury. You'd think that with all of the suspensions so far this year, players wouldn't go headhunting like this. Garbutt is a moron.

Papaspud

Vatman
Dec 19, 2008
To the rescue
Per Bobby Mac, Garbutt has an in-person hearing for the hit. Given that, I'm guessing he gets 5+.

Given all that has gone on during the past week, I'm guessing a no name pos like Garbutt, is going to be made an example of...especially with the League already announcing that there is an in person hearing so soon after the game.
Calling a 10 game suspension.

Dr Johnny Fever

Eggplant and Teal
Apr 11, 2012
Lower Left Coast
How was he not given a penalty you could have picked whatever you would have liked, Charging or Elbow.

Well, like the blind squirrel who finds an acorn once in a while, I think Hayward actually got it right regarding how the call was missed. Most likely with the puck around the crease all 4 officials were watching for a scoring attempt and not where Penner got hit.

Dr Johnny Fever

Eggplant and Teal
Apr 11, 2012
Lower Left Coast
Given all that has gone on during the past week, I'm guessing a no name pos like Garbutt, is going to be made an example of...especially with the League already announcing that there is an in person hearing so soon after the game.
Calling a 10 game suspension.

That's usually how the league handles these things. They will make an example of a guy nobody (including his own team) cares about. I agree, probably 10 games.

Oct 18, 2011
that's a case of the twitter platform being used the right way, no need to whine in the media, a simple tweet and video will suffice as it will get around

mightyquack

eggplant and jade or bust
Apr 28, 2010
Great win after that 1st period.

Fowler may never score again after tonight, but great to see him get a couple of points :nod:

Getz and Perry looking ridiculously good so far as well

Aug 11, 2011
Am Yisrael Chai
I'm surprised 7 games is the franchise record for consecutive wins. With those early lockout teams winning so many games, and all the late-season hot streaks, you'd think we'd have won 8 in a row at some point.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad