GDT: Kamp nummer 8 - Ducks møter Stars klokken 5 PT og 8 ET 10/20/2013

Paul4587

Jan 26, 2006
Who needs top 4 defensemen when you can score 6 goals a night. Getzlaf was in beast mode tonight, good to see.

I hope Garbutt enjoys watching the next couple of games from the press box.

caliamad

Mar 14, 2003
Visit site
Awesome game. Getzlaf in total beadt mode. Loved the way we played but miss a guy like moen and kunitz. Winnik i thought was particularly frustrating. Finish those checks. Still our aggressiveness after 2nd was awesome. Anderson is at worst a very solid looking backup, great game.

Ducks Nation*

Mar 19, 2013
When Sbisa gets back I think Lovejoy, Vatanen and him will be rotating... Lindholm and Beauch is just too good.

Vatanen and Allen was extremely solid the first couple games but seems to be sizzling out a little bit.

mightyquack

eggplant and jade or bust
Apr 28, 2010
What was he responding to?
These 3 tweets:

Tony ‏@Stars_Insider 2h
To all the duck fans crying in my mentions: First, I said I didn't have the clearest shot. Second, look at 1:23 mark from Anaheim feed off..

Tony ‏@Stars_Insider 2h
...youtube. @Garbs40 skates are still on the ice at the point of contact to @Dustinpenner25. Being in a vulnerable position is not the...

Tony ‏@Stars_Insider 2h
...responsibility of the hitting player. You're taught to keep your head up and Penner was watching the pass. Late hit? Definitely. 5+? Nope

--
So basically saying it's all Penner's fault. We all know if that was Beleskey or someone like that on Benn all hell would break loose.

When Sbisa gets back I think Lovejoy, Vatanen and him will be rotating... Lindholm and Beauch is just too good.

Vatanen and Allen was extremely solid the first couple games but seems to be sizzling out a little bit.

Vatanen needs to stop pinching just about every time, way too predictable, got burnt a few days in this game

EDIT: Times, not days

Last edited:

RorschachWJK

Dec 28, 2004
That was a great game to watch! Except for Penner getting hurt obviously...

Also found two real scum of the earth players to hate on: Garbutt and Roussel. Never liked that wannabe tough, chirping coward Robidas either, so Dallas is fast becoming my most hated team.

Oct 18, 2011

I really thought we saw signs that the old beauchemin is not far away, he was moving very well and had a pattented open ice hit and winning puck battles left and right. he is a genetic freak

Dr Johnny Fever

Eggplant and Teal
Apr 11, 2012
Lower Left Coast
why take it away. he should fire at the entire league...what, i did what after the game!?!? the hell you say!!! well, i did get hit in the head, i guess it's possible.

The only reason his responses worry me is that the league may decide he is fine and not really hurt. Their rulings seem to lean towards whether somebody was injured or not.

Gliff

Tank Commander
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2011
Tennessee
I love that this happened the same day as people were saying Seguin and Benn would be on the Olympic team over Perry and Getzlaf.

duckaroosky

So sayeth Duckthulu
May 26, 2009
Long Beach, Ca
why take it away. he should fire at the entire league...what, i did what after the game!?!? the hell you say!!! well, i did get hit in the head, i guess it's possible.

:laugh:

While I agree and was enjoying his tweets it's just that the ducks already have a reputation of being whiners so when he's taking shots at refs and fans on twitter the nhl might perceive that as a slight.

Ducks Nation*

Mar 19, 2013
Good to see Perry back and Getzlaf getting hot again. Our defense has been awesome if it wasn't for some lucky deflections.

OCSportsfan

Sep 30, 2011
Was at the game live,really happy with the result and the play. WE are so deep at forward it is incredible.

On the Negative side, Roussel should have been handled on the ice and we just do not have anyone that does that with this line up.

Etem was in his face at the end of the game, but he would not drop the gloves, but he was taking liberties with at least three players on the ice. Really missed Beleskey in this game.

Would love if Winnick could have a bit of Moen in him.

Ducks Nation*

Mar 19, 2013
Was at the game live,really happy with the result and the play. WE are so deep at forward it is incredible.

On the Negative side, Roussel should have been handled on the ice and we just do not have anyone that does that with this line up.

Etem was in his face at the end of the game, but he would not drop the gloves, but he was taking liberties with at least three players on the ice. Really missed Beleskey in this game.

Would love if Winnick could have a bit of Moen in him.

Roussel doesn't want to fight Etem again :laugh:

5minsforfighting

Sep 20, 2005
I'm happy about the win, but I dont remember the time when we actually have taken so much physical/cheapshot abuse from another team and actually didnt do nothing about it.

P.S. Does Winnik ever uses his body to actually finish his checks once?

Ducks Nation*

Mar 19, 2013
I'm happy about the win, but I dont remember the time when we actually have taken so much physical/cheapshot abuse from another team and actually didnt do nothing about it.

P.S. Does Winnik ever uses his body to actually finish his checks once?

Not really Cogs and Koivu are both more physical, which is kind of sad and probably a reason BB put Etem on the 3rd line during training camp and preseason until he got injured.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad