GDT: Kamp nummer 8 - Ducks møter Stars klokken 5 PT og 8 ET 10/20/2013

quentez

#8 Teemu Legend
Apr 2, 2011
Trondheim, Norway
Last home game before we kick off a 8-game road trip vs a couple of depressed teams.

Game summarized in one picture

Duckstar_classic.png

:ducks2
Lineup:

Dustin-Ryan James-Corey Lee
Erik Jakob-Mathieu-Teemu Ilmari
Daniel Spencer-Saku Antero-Andrew
Kyle Charles-Nick-Emerson

Cameron Matthew-Benjamin N.
Magnus-Francois
Bryan-Sami

Jonas
Not-Anderson

:stars
Lineup:

Not Loui Eriksson-Not Loui Eriksson-Not Loui Eriksson

Not Loui Eriksson-Not Loui Eriksson

Daniel or Kari

Best ever memory vs Stars by our hero Ilmari and former offensive defenseman Matthew

Måtte den beste vinne. Heia Ducks. Seier'n er vår, seier'n er vår, vi har vinni, seier'n er vår!

JabbaJabba

Dec 22, 2010
Finland
Without Eriksson and possibly Lehtonen (?), the Ducks can win this one. I'm also predicting two power play goals for Anaheim.

mightyquack

eggplant and jade or bust
Apr 28, 2010
I think Lehtonen is out, Stars announcers said it was highly unlikely he was going to play during their broadcast v Kings yesterday.

Anyway, Anaheim I've seen my football teams give away the lead 7 times this weekend and the 3 games ended up draws, so you better salvage this weekend or my computer is taking a swim in the ocean tomorrow afternoon :rant: :laugh:

mightyquack

eggplant and jade or bust
Apr 28, 2010
So the take home message is that Mightyquack wants to bring back ties? He must hate the shootout. :sarcasm:

Go Ducks!

:laugh:

Damn right bring back ties, might as well make it 4/4 for this weekend! You Americans and your whole someone has to win attitude :sarcasm: ;)

EDIT: And that video is great, good to see the Stars announcers haven't changed in the last 15 years :laugh:

Last edited:

Hockey Duckie

Jul 25, 2003
southern cal
Lineup:

Ahahahhahahahahhahahahhahahahhahah

snowave

Jan 7, 2012
Idaho
The last time these two teams faced each other as non-divisional opponents, this happened:

Funny, I was watching that video clip just the other day ....as I was piddling around Youtube watching Selanne video clips.

It's interesting how the Stars announcers are talking about what a travesty the first brawl is where the Ducks are killing the Stars... and then the second brawl where the Stars are taking it to the Ducks more, and they are laughing and joking.

kducks

Duck Off
Sep 19, 2007
OC
Without Eriksson and possibly Lehtonen (?), the Ducks can win this one. I'm also predicting two power play goals for Anaheim.

Whoa now that's crazy talk. We are a no power play goal team. Should help that they just played last night. Hopefully the Ducks come out flying.

Captain Awesome

Mar 29, 2008
Long Beach, CA
Hey guys, I'm going to the game today and I heard that I could park at Angel Stadium for free when they're not playing. Is that still true? And if not, where's the best spot for free parking?

Thanks.

2faded

Jul 3, 2009
Torrance, CA
Hey guys, I'm going to the game today and I heard that I could park at Angel Stadium for free when they're not playing. Is that still true? And if not, where's the best spot for free parking?

Thanks.

Theres $5-10 parking just a short walk from the arena and its actually better than parking in the arena parking lot because you can get out much quicker. I recommend that.

Paul4587

Jan 26, 2006
Getzlaf line needs to be better. Getzlaf in particular isn't doing enough offensively - he only has 11 shots in 7 games so far.

Lucky for us Lehtonen is out and Eriksson is gone. Hopefully we play a bit better than we did against Phoenix and Calgary, two games that we probably didn't deserve to win.

Sep 8, 2013
Toronto Nebula
Getzlaf line needs to be better. Getzlaf in particular isn't doing enough offensively - he only has 11 shots in 7 games so far.

Lucky for us Lehtonen is out and Eriksson is gone. Hopefully we play a bit better than we did against Phoenix and Calgary, two games that we probably didn't deserve to win.

Eriksson is gone but they have Seguin now - hardly a downgrade. The big thing is Lehtonen is out.

Paul4587

Jan 26, 2006
Eriksson is gone but they have Seguin now - hardly a downgrade. The big thing is Lehtonen is out.

I meant more in the sense that Eriksson is a Duck killer. He and Ribeiro seemed to be good for a couple of points every time we played them.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad