Kakko vs Höglander

Kakko vs Höglander

• Total voters

Canucks LB

My Favourite, Gone too soon, RIP Luc, We miss you
Oct 12, 2008
Lmao at Hoglander being only a third liner
The guy is already a 2nd liner after his rookie year, The guy has top line potential

Reactions: bh53

AsparaGus

Feb 16, 2020
That's a lot of words to say nothing at all except to tell everyone you don't know a damn thing. I made the argument for him. You're just mindlessly spouting off like a fool. I'd love to see these 98% who supposedly agree with you. You're a joke
He’s going to be a good 3rd liner for the Canucks and quite possibly an elite 4th liner for a properly constructed team like Colorado or Toronto. If Hoglander is anything higher than the 3rd line on your team, it reflects badly on your team.

Some Canucks here are saying he’s a “2nd liner” already. Well, yeah. How did that work for you? You didn’t make the playoffs. If he’s on your second line again, you’re in for a LOOOOOONG season.

Regal

Mar 12, 2010
Vancouver
He’s going to be a good 3rd liner for the Canucks and quite possibly an elite 4th liner for a properly constructed team like Colorado or Toronto. If Hoglander is anything higher than the 3rd line on your team, it reflects badly on your team.

Some Canucks here are saying he’s a “2nd liner” already. Well, yeah. How did that work for you? You didn’t make the playoffs. If he’s on your second line again, you’re in for a LOOOOOONG season.

So just repeating yourself with nothing to back it up? Well done.

Canucks LB

Oct 12, 2008

How will he be an elite third liner, when he’s already an incredible second liner?

I’m sorry, I don’t mean to be disrespectful, but your comments are absolutely f***ing asinine.

Do you know how many amazing players there are out there on teams who missed the playoffs?

Just the absolute worst argument possible

Reactions: bh53

AsparaGus

Feb 16, 2020
How will he be an elite third liner, when he’s already an incredible second liner?

I’m sorry, I don’t mean to be disrespectful, but your comments are absolutely f***ing asinine.

Do you know how many amazing players there are out there on teams who missed the playoffs?

Just the absolute worst argument possible
Calling him a second liner just because he played on your second line isn’t a reflection of how good he is. Hoglander being on your second line is the reason you barely outperformed an openly rebuilding Senators team. Putting a potential 3rd liner on your second line this year will result in the Canucks competing for the lottery next summer.

If Hoglander touches the Canucks second line this year, I predict the Sens get more points than they do by the end of the year. Hoglander is a 4th liner on a properly constructed squad like the Avs, Lightning, Hurricanes, and Maple Leafs. He’s a 3rd liner at best on a solid team like the Penguins and Capitals. If he’s on your second line, you’re in for a really really hard time. He’s not an amazing play/results-driving player and you’re not convincing anyone.

Last edited:

Regal

Mar 12, 2010
Vancouver
Calling him a second liner just because he played on your second line isn’t a reflection of how good he is. Hoglander being on your second line is the reason you barely outperformed an openly rebuilding Senators team. Putting a potential 3rd liner on your second line this year will result in the Canucks competing for the lottery next summer.

If Hoglander touches the Canucks second line this year, I predict the Sens get more points than they do by the end of the year. Hoglander is a 4th liner on a properly constructed squad like the Avs and Maple Leafs. He’s a 3rd liner at best on a solid team like the Penguins and Capitals. If he’s on your second line, you’re in for a really really hard time.

Except that's not why people are calling him a second liner. He produced like one and had excellent underlying numbers. Maybe read the thread and try again.

AsparaGus

Feb 16, 2020
Except that's not why people are calling him a second liner. He produced like one and had excellent underlying numbers. Maybe read the thread and try again.
How’d that work out for non-playoff qualifying Canucks? All that production and what to show for it? Empty stats are empty.

Nate070

Sep 15, 2010
Maldives
My prediction is that Kakko will have a monster year. He is in a much better physical shape (both endurance , resilience and strength) this year and a new coach who hopefully will let the young guys play to their strengts. Add to that the Buchnevich trade which will open up more opportunities for KK.

AsparaGus

Feb 16, 2020
My prediction is that Kakko will have a monster year. He is in a much better physical shape (both endurance , resilience and strength) this year and a new coach who hopefully will let the young guys play to their strengts. Add to that the Buchnevich trade which will open up more opportunities for KK.
Agreed. The superior player in every respect. Kakko is a sure fire top line play-driver.

This comparison is cringey and a little desperate for validation.

lawrence

May 19, 2012
Hoglander is a future 2nd line winger like kakoo. I went with hog man because he’s got one the the best advanced stats on our team.

Canucks LB

Oct 12, 2008
How’d that work out for non-playoff qualifying Canucks? All that production and what to show for it? Empty stats are empty.
Are you kidding me right now? :laugh:
This is literally the worst argument I have seen on here in years

Reactions: Numba9 and bh53

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
If they did not trade for Trouba, the Rangers would have drafted both. Höglander was their target with the second 1st round selection back in 2019. They continued to scout him aftrwards at the u20 Four Nations tournaments but I doubt they will be able to acquire him in a trade

bh53

Sep 18, 2017
Victoria
Its just some biased Oiler troll, nothing more. Making his own fanbase look bad.

Funny how he’s talking about the playoffs when the Oilers laid a goose egg.

They're an Oilers fan? That makes it even more hilarious.

Hoglander would be 4th in even strength points on the Oilers ahead of Ryan Nugent Hopkins and 2 points less than Hyman.

Pretty good company for a fourth liner being close in even strength production to 2 players making 5 mill + on 7+ year contracts.

JustAnotherHockeyFan

Jul 28, 2021
Agreed. The superior player in every respect. Kakko is a sure fire top line play-driver.

This comparison is cringey and a little desperate for validation.

Rangers missed the playoffs last season so Kaakko is at best a 4th liner, possibly 5th liner. It may be Pejorative Slured logic but its your logic.

Aqualung

Nov 16, 2007
So if we take your argument as the standard, Eichel isn’t a first line player because even though he produced like one he didn’t take Buffalo into the playoffs?

You sure about that?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad