2023-2024 EPL Season

Tasty Biscuits

with fancy sauce
Aug 8, 2011
Pittsburgh
Might have topped that 119 had he not missed those two games.
As good as he is, something like chances/90min would probably be more indicative. He plays insane minutes, which is great for the club, but other great players on top teams will get more of a rest.

KdB, if he were healthy, for example, would play way less mins over a season than Bruno.

hatterson

Apr 12, 2010
North Tonawanda, NY
As good as he is, something like chances/90min would probably be more indicative. He plays insane minutes, which is great for the club, but other great players on top teams will get more of a rest.

KdB, if he were healthy, for example, would play way less mins over a season than Bruno.
KdB's stats are really the only one where /90 makes a big difference. Maddison to a lesser extent, but he's still well below Bruno either way.

Of players who were in the top 25 in chances created in both of the last two seasons (14 total players) here's what the chances look like:

Bruno - 230
Grob - 180
Odegaard - 177
Trippier - 173
Saka - 162
KdB - 152
Others
Maddison - 134
Others

Here's what it looks like on a /90 basis:

KdB - 3.74
Bruno - 3.21
Trippier - 2.79
Maddison - 2.60
Grob - 2.55
Odegaard - 2.55
couple others
Saka - 2.35
Others

The fact that he's been healthy for two seasons helps him, but also so have Saka, Odegaard, and Grob. Trippier missed a bit of time, Maddison and KdB have missed larger chunks. Over the last two seasons combined Bruno has only played a total of 186 minutes more than Odegaard, and 310 minutes more than Saka so I'm not sure the claim that if he played on a better team he'd play less minutes really holds up given that the difference in minutes between him and Odegaard and Saka is almost entirely covered (and moreso) by games the latter missed due to injury as opposed to subs or load management.

bluesfan94

Jan 7, 2008
St. Louis
Pep winning manager of the season is hilarious.

KdB's stats are really the only one where /90 makes a big difference. Maddison to a lesser extent, but he's still well below Bruno either way.

Of players who were in the top 25 in chances created in both of the last two seasons (14 total players) here's what the chances look like:

Bruno - 230
Grob - 180
Odegaard - 177
Trippier - 173
Saka - 162
KdB - 152
Others
Maddison - 134
Others

Here's what it looks like on a /90 basis:

KdB - 3.74
Bruno - 3.21
Trippier - 2.79
Maddison - 2.60
Grob - 2.55
Odegaard - 2.55
couple others
Saka - 2.35
Others

The fact that he's been healthy for two seasons helps him, but also so have Saka, Odegaard, and Grob. Trippier missed a bit of time, Maddison and KdB have missed larger chunks. Over the last two seasons combined Bruno has only played a total of 186 minutes more than Odegaard, and 310 minutes more than Saka so I'm not sure the claim that if he played on a better team he'd play less minutes really holds up given that the difference in minutes between him and Odegaard and Saka is almost entirely covered (and moreso) by games the latter missed due to injury as opposed to subs or load management.
I think the one thing that might be accurate is that on a better team, the play might not need to run through him as much.

hatterson

Apr 12, 2010
North Tonawanda, NY
Pep winning manager of the season is hilarious.

I think the one thing that might be accurate is that on a better team, the play might not need to run through him as much.
Oh for sure. But the point “on a better team where there’s more than 1 creative player, he wouldn’t need to do everything” is a lot different than “its just because of inflated minutes.”

lol this motherf***er called him Pascal Grob
Dunno what to tell you, it copy pasted that way and I was too lazy to fix it.

Reactions: bluesfan94

Wee Baby Seamus

Yo, Goober, where's the meat?
Mar 15, 2011
Halifax/Toronto
Oh for sure. But the point “on a better team where there’s more than 1 creative player, he wouldn’t need to do everything” is a lot different than “its just because of inflated minutes.”

Dunno what to tell you, it copy pasted that way and I was too lazy to fix it.
hey man that's a you problem, my job is just to be a bitch about it

hatterson

Apr 12, 2010
North Tonawanda, NY
This is a funny article:

They've underperformed their resources by such a degree, so consistently, that it almost seems like you'd have to actively be trying to sabotage yourself. The relative performance is so bad that I've often wondered if it's even possible to be worse. Like, if you let a teenager pick players based on ratings from the FIFA video game or you exclusively trawled Manchester United's Reddit page for tips, I'm not sure you'd do worse than an average of fifth-place over 10 years. In fact, I think you'd very likely do better.

I’m not convinced having chat-gpt be the DoF would be any worse than whatever we’re bound to get.

Chimaera

same ol' Caps
Feb 4, 2004
La Plata, Maryland
This is a funny article:

I’m not convinced having chat-gpt be the DoF would be any worse than whatever we’re bound to get.

I mean... from some past purchases, sure. But overall? Might as well sim everything out with some super Football Manager program.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Just goes to show how underrated Trippier is around here. Just the other day I read Ben White was better than him this season lol
I’m taking White over Trippier honestly

So speaking of Trippier, went off injured today in a friendly (Trial for MW39 ?) between Newcastle and Tottenham that is happening for….reasons….?

I think Callum Wilson got injured as well. No idea why this game was being played

luiginb

Aug 23, 2007
Barcelona
I’m taking White over Trippier honestly
Not nearly much better defensively to make up for the gulf in offensive talent

1716387149773.png

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Not nearly much better defensively to make up for the gulf in offensive talent

View attachment 874267
I like White being younger and able to cover at CB. White doesn’t have the flashy offensive stats but he’s playing out of position and I think he is really good on the ball. I wonder if someone could get him out of Arsenal if they wanted to switch him back to CB

luiginb

Aug 23, 2007
Barcelona
I like White being younger and able to cover at CB. White doesn’t have the flashy offensive stats but he’s playing out of position and I think he is really good on the ball. I wonder if someone could get him out of Arsenal if they wanted to switch him back to CB
Taking into account his career heading stats are worse than Trippier's, making him a CB might be dangerous.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad