Player Discussion Kailer Yamamoto

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Life is better with no expectations.
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
Guess his trade value raises every time he hits the concussion protocol. Maybe Ken should start working towards extension?

You’re a f***ing ghoul already. Your continual wishing for Yamo to be concussed is disgusting.

Piss off to the Canes forum where you can cheer for your uncoordinated snot licking son PJ.

StoveTopStauffer

Apr 6, 2012
He seemed more like he was pissed he had to do the protocol when he was on the bench. Didn't seem all that bad but I guess we'll find out today.

Harry Curry

Oct 10, 2022
I feel bad for Yamamoto, but he’s not part of the solution here. His $3M+ cap can be better utilized elsewhere.

Buyout in the off-season is the best path forward. Buys the team a little under $2.7M cap next year with about half a million in cap in 2024-25.

frag2

Mar 8, 2006
Concussion protocol.

All that whining in the Canes forum about how HF Oil is toxic.
Comes to HF Oil to troll.

Hypocrisy at its finest.

Yamamoto with his injury issues and 2-year deal has negative trade value, while Pulju's value with his current contract was basically zero. This season we won't be getting rid of Yamamoto's deal without adding a pick.

You keep saying we when you’re not even an Oilers fan but a JP fanboy. Go cheer for the Finnish National team…err the Carolina Hurricanes

Harry Curry

Oct 10, 2022
Won't need to buy him out. He's young with an expiring contract and low cap hit. Another team will easily give an asset for him. He's a good player that can play on any line.

$3.1M for 6 goals 8 assists and 24 points 2/3rds of the way through the season. That's a generous 10-12-22 point pace. With legitimate questions about durability due to multiple concussions this season I don't think a trade would be easy in any sense.

Agreed a trade is better than a buyout. Trade him for the same return Puljujarvi got if needed. But the trade needs to be done before July 1st. If not, that's when a buyout should be considered.

Last edited:

dssource

5-14-6-1=97
Jun 29, 2012
Is it confirmed that he is in concussion protocol? Did he play another shift after the hit last night?

Get better Yams. One way or another, we need you.

Kaptah

Jul 15, 2007
Everyone knows how you post and why you make your posts. Your shtick is garbage just like the player you fangirl over
Just take a breath, mkay? I don't see why I shouldn't be able to continue being an Oil fan, and also follow Jesse's career with the Canes.

Last edited:
Reactions: OilynutEsquire

Kaptah

Jul 15, 2007
Wishing Yamo ill will = Oilers fan? I guess youre just a different breed
Predicting (correctly) that an injury prone small forward who'll have to go to tight places to be useful will probably soon get injured again, is not the same as wanting that player to get injured.

Last edited:
Reactions: OilynutEsquire

Stoneman89

Feb 8, 2008
Just take a breath, mkay? I don't see why I shouldn't be able to continue being an Oil fan, and also follow Jesse's career with the Canes.
But do you ever post on any other threads than ones for JP or discussing Yamo? I don't recall you being active on anything else, so now that JP is gone, I suppose you'll only be on the Yamo ones now until he gets moved. Then what?

MoontoScott

Jun 2, 2012
Head injuries are so scary and life altering, lost my best friend to one many years ago.

Hope Yams is alright.

I notice that Arizona is near the cap floor so perhaps that might be a summer destination for him-- a nice place to start over. No scraping the windshield either.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad