Prospect Info: Kaiden Guhle II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Skip Bayless

The Skip Bayless Show
Aug 28, 2014
"We are convinced that Kaden can step into our first pairing and face the toughest opposition this year. We love what we've seen in the 5 pre-season games that he played."

January 15th - "Kaden Guhle healthy scratched prior game vs leafs because he needs mental/physical rest."

dackelljuneaubulis02

Oct 13, 2012
I was so surprised with how intelligently he plays. If he can round out his offensive abilities like Weber did, he could seriously be a top pairing D complementing a offensive PMD on his pairing. I still think Romanov will be a great 2nd pairing D. Habs need to hit on either Harris, Struble, Norlinder, Brook, etc. Hamilton or Jones would look good in a Habs uniform imo

yeah we gotta find that bonafide #1. A few of our kids could but everything would have to go right for them and some. You find that #1 and we have a lot of great guys who can likely fill out some big spots back there on the back end.

ChesterNimitz

governed by the principle of calculated risk
Jul 4, 2002
Really interesting to see how Guhle's offense develops. He's got a helluva shot and actually flashes some good mitts at times. Hoping he can take the question marks out of his transition game that some seem to have when drafted. Otherwise he could be a stud.

I only saw him at the WJCs but he was fantastic defensively. Top pairing upside imo.
Thought he was more impressive at the U18s than at the WJC. I always worry about development progressions. Let us see how he performs at training camp and the next WJC before we stencil him in as a top pairing defenceman.

dackelljuneaubulis02

Oct 13, 2012
Thought he was more impressive at the U18s than at the WJC. I always worry about development progressions. Let us see how he performs at training camp and the next WJC before we stencil him in as a top pairing defenceman.

not pencilling in but I see potential there for it. No lock. But he's probably the closest in our system to being a top pairing guy imo.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
not pencilling in but I see potential there for it. No lock. But he's probably the closest in our system to being a top pairing guy imo.

it's too hard to say as there's barely anything to go off this season, which is usually a huge year for prospects in terms of development, that age 18 season often tells a lot and while he impressed in his short amount of games, it makes it very tough to gauge imo.

I think Norlinder is the closest to being a top pairing D as of now, as he's got the offense, whereas with Guhle we would need to see the offense at a high enough level to be a top pairing D. Guhle certainly is the safest D prospect we have though, like there's no way this kid isn't at the very worst a bottom pairing D in the NHL for a long time. I would be shocked if anything less then that happens, though based off very limited views so next season will be much more telling. If Harris can continue to improve the offense, I could see him on the top pairing depending on how much the offense improves. Struble could end up being the best of the bunch but at this point he's still a work in progress as Harris has kind of gotten in his way and injuries have been a problem as well. Brook I had hopes for after his huge year in the WHL, I don't see it now but if he keeps progressing in Laval and in the years after that, it wouldn't be a shock as we know he's got a lot of offensive skill but must improve in his own end and get stronger.

WinterLion

Oct 1, 2017

I'm not sure about top pairing or what that means to everyone (I think some people expects points)... but I think he may be the closest to being a big minutes guy... which would be fantastic!

dackelljuneaubulis02

Oct 13, 2012
it's too hard to say as there's barely anything to go off this season, which is usually a huge year for prospects in terms of development, that age 18 season often tells a lot and while he impressed in his short amount of games, it makes it very tough to gauge imo.

I think Norlinder is the closest to being a top pairing D as of now, as he's got the offense, whereas with Guhle we would need to see the offense at a high enough level to be a top pairing D. Guhle certainly is the safest D prospect we have though, like there's no way this kid isn't at the very worst a bottom pairing D in the NHL for a long time. I would be shocked if anything less then that happens, though based off very limited views so next season will be much more telling. If Harris can continue to improve the offense, I could see him on the top pairing depending on how much the offense improves. Struble could end up being the best of the bunch but at this point he's still a work in progress as Harris has kind of gotten in his way and injuries have been a problem as well. Brook I had hopes for after his huge year in the WHL, I don't see it now but if he keeps progressing in Laval and in the years after that, it wouldn't be a shock as we know he's got a lot of offensive skill but must improve in his own end and get stronger.

I'm with you on all of this but my gut is starting to let me down on Norlinder but i did get caught up in the insane expectations a bit.

accusations of me 'trend chasing' would also be fair if i'm going to be 100% honest but even besides that I do have this nagging feeling he won't hit his ceiling and possibly disappoint. I won't shout it from the mountain tops and I f***ing love his upside but the spidey senses are tingling a bit.

dackelljuneaubulis02

Oct 13, 2012
That may say more about ‘our system’ rather than this player’s comparative upside.

sure but independent of that I think the potential is there. I haven't seen a ton but my impression of him was very good. Room to improve in certain areas but defensively he looks very impressive. again, no lock.

cphabs

The 2 stooges….
Dec 21, 2012
Our new Laval head coach is a product of the wonders that have come out of the Q! Not only that, he had a chance to hone his skills in another renowned development program with the Oiler’s organization. Set aside the notions of nepotism or success. We are set folks!

Miller Time

Sep 16, 2004
"We are convinced that Kaden can step into our first pairing and face the toughest opposition this year. We love what we've seen in the 5 pre-season games that he played."

January 15th - "Kaden Guhle healthy scratched prior game vs leafs because he needs mental/physical rest."

March 15th - "What a bust, benched again because he sucks... was an anchor weighing Chiarot down and stopping him from scoring. His age is irrelevant, his usage is irrelevent, he's a 1st round pick, he should be carrying his linemates. He won't ever amount to anything more than a depth dman, we should have picked "insert any dman picked after him that has scored a few more points". Wasted pick." - signed - Kotkaniemi anti-fan club.

Reactions: CristianoRonaldo

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
I'm not sure about top pairing or what that means to everyone (I think some people expects points)... but I think he may be the closest to being a big minutes guy... which would be fantastic!

Well said! Top pairing is not all about points. It’s a big minute eater that’s a work horse primarily! Heavily relied on in all situations

KevSkillz4

Apr 11, 2016
My favorite D prospect on Habs. I think we have draft a stud, his game gonna be translate so well in NHL.

Reactions: SpezNc2

Nedved

Mar 30, 2008
I want him to play 25 a night in the ahl. If he crushes it, give him a call.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad