Prospect Info: Kaiden Guhle II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
And Norlinder, Struble, Harris and the 2 Russian D from this years draft seem pretty intriguing…..nice to see for sure…..gone are the days of “I can’t wait till Raphael Diaz makes it to the big club” lol
I wonder how well Guhle does at Camp, I am betting he is alot closer to the NHL than many think.

Hopefully Bergevin doesn't package him up in a blockbuster.

HuGo Burner Acc

Mar 30, 2016
I wonder how well Guhle does at Camp, I am betting he is alot closer to the NHL than many think.

I doubt MB packages anything. Like honestly, when has MB ever done a trade like that where he spent tons of assets in order to get something or someone? Sure he'll make some big trades, but they're usually 1 for 1 or getting a package in return for a either one player or a few inconsequential players

Reactions: Tyson

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast

If we are in talks with the Sabres and it picks up (possible but who knows)... We have to open up our pool if we want to trade for Eichel and not give up Suzuki or Caufield. So basically, our package is like this... It would come down to who they like more between Romanov and Guhle

* One of Romanov or Guhle
* One of Kotkaniemi or Poehling
* 1st round pick. That will come with top 10 protection or lottery protection
* Probably two grade B's... Primeau, Ylonen, Harris... those types.

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
If we are in talks with the Sabres and it picks up (possible but who knows)... We have to open up our pool if we want to trade for Eichel and not give up Suzuki or Caufield. So basically, our package is like this... It would come down to who they like more between Romanov and Guhle

* One of Romanov or Guhle
* One of Kotkaniemi or Poehling
* 1st round pick. That will come with top 10 protection or lottery protection
* Probably two grade B's... Primeau, Ylonen, Harris... those types.
I think making the cupboards bare for one player rarely, if ever works.

I hope they don't do something like this. Keep developing your prospects

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
I think making the cupboards bare for one player rarely, if ever works.

I hope they don't do something like this. Keep developing your prospects

I think we have to narrow it down to the actual player. The risks with Eichel is do you get him to play his age 25 season or is it just age 26-29 then he's a UFA? I wish I knew the actual risks factor on his neck injury and I bet other teams are wondering as well.

I value protecting our prospects but I also value good years of Price left. When you build a prospect pool like we have with high draft power in terms of the amount of picks we had and how we have good trends, you have to consider all angles moving forward. If Seattle took Price, I'd definitely lean towards more youth. However, they didn't and I value trying to win with a star goalie like that. Call our last season a fluke if you wish but it's overlooking the point of if we make improvements, we can give teams a very difficult time with our defensive strategy with Price and a few weapons up front to burn you on mistakes. It's very effective but it starts with Price who is a game changer. Age 34-36 will be great seasons if he is healthy. Age 37/38 are guesses

Reactions: Tyson

Wats

Error 520
Mar 8, 2006
I wish they'd change the junior rules, it's a hinderance in development in my opinion for players like Kaiden
How, he barely played and could definitely do more in the WHL/dominate WJC before going pro.

Schwang

May 6, 2002
Kingston, Ont
Visit site
I doubt MB packages anything. Like honestly, when has MB ever done a trade like that where he spent tons of assets in order to get something or someone? Sure he'll make some big trades, but they're usually 1 for 1 or getting a package in return for a either one player or a few inconsequential players
The Real problem has been that the Habs aren't deep enough to be offering prospects and picks in packages. The few guys they have who are good, can't be easily replaced. There's no one really pushing KK to take his job. No one pushing Romanov. Teams like LA or Tampa, maybe Ottawa can afford to trade good prospects because they have them. The Habs aren't as deep (yet) as some people seem to think. It may take a couple years still to see how deep they actually are.

japhi

Jul 7, 2014
I'm betting he makes the team out of camp. If he can play 15 mins a night with the big club I'd prefer that to 23 mins in Junior.

Reactions: Andrewcoursol

Deebs

There's no easy way out
Feb 5, 2014
I'm betting he makes the team out of camp. If he can play 15 mins a night with the big club I'd prefer that to 23 mins in Junior.
Can't see this happening but stranger things have happened

Reactions: Redux91

HuGo Burner Acc

Mar 30, 2016
The Real problem has been that the Habs aren't deep enough to be offering prospects and picks in packages. The few guys they have who are good, can't be easily replaced. There's no one really pushing KK to take his job. No one pushing Romanov. Teams like LA or Tampa, maybe Ottawa can afford to trade good prospects because they have them. The Habs aren't as deep (yet) as some people seem to think. It may take a couple years still to see how deep they actually are.

The perception of being deep came after Caufield was drafted and Suzuki was just coming off a dominant ohl/Memorial Cup playoffs and Poehling just scored a Hatty, etc. Romanov also having a dominant WJC. They easily had a top 5 prospect pool during the summer of 2019. But youre right, they are a farcry from that pool from a few years ago

Reactions: Doc5

Sterling Archer

Sep 26, 2006
And Norlinder, Struble, Harris and the 2 Russian D from this years draft seem pretty intriguing…..nice to see for sure…..gone are the days of “I can’t wait till Raphael Diaz makes it to the big club” lol
This times 1,000. I think we'll have a completely turned over D in the next 2-4 years. A lot of quality prospects and aging current D. Not that they'll all make it but you always have a happy surprise, like Fairbrother etc. and potential prospects from trades too. Plenty of D depth but not nearly enough up front on the farm.

Doc5

Aug 8, 2012
If that would make Romanov the odd man out, I rather Guhle spend the extra time in juniors and let Romanov solidify his position in the blue line this coming year

admiralcadillac

Oct 22, 2017
The perception of being deep came after Caufield was drafted and Suzuki was just coming off a dominant ohl/Memorial Cup playoffs and Poehling just scored a Hatty, etc. Romanov also having a dominant WJC. They easily had a top 5 prospect pool during the summer of 2019. But youre right, they are a farcry from that pool from a few years ago

Because the players graduated? Not sure how anyone can maintain a prospect pool when the prospects go pro so early.

Captain97

Jan 31, 2017
Toronto, Ontario
What I like about our d prospects (and Romanov) right now is we have a nice mix of safe guys and home run swings.

Romanov and Ghule imo are safe bets to become atleast second pairing guys with more upside.

Struble is almost a sure bet to be a bottom pairing/ahl tweener at worst (injuries allowing)

Then we have players like:

Norlinder, Brook, Mailloux, Harris, Kostenko who have the offensive tools to be good top pairing guys but also could become career KHL/AHL ers or Erik Gustafsson types.

Basically I like the mix of safe guys and homerun swings.

Reactions: Redux91

KevSkillz4

Apr 11, 2016
What I like about our d prospects (and Romanov) right now is we have a nice mix of safe guys and home run swings.

Romanov and Ghule imo are safe bets to become atleast second pairing guys with more upside.

Struggle is almost a sure bet to be a bottom pairing/ahl tweener at worst (injuries allowing)

Then we have players like:

Norlinder, Brook, Mailloux, Harris, Kostenko who have the offensive tools to be good top pairing guys but also could become career KHL/AHL ers or Erik Gustafsson types.

Basically I like the mix of safe guys and homerun swings.

I think Struble is a safe bet too to become a top 4 D or more. He got all tools to dominate, can't wait to see him at next level.

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017
The thing with eichel is that he plays within the division already.

That's more risky for Buffalo, so they will ask for an even higher premium from Montreal than teams outside of the division. It's very unlikely that a trade will make sense for both teams in this situation

Captain97

Jan 31, 2017
Toronto, Ontario
I think Struble is a safe bet too to become a top 4 D or more. He got all tools to dominate, can't wait to see him at next level.

For me Struble comes down solely on how healthy can he be and how much of a toolbox he can develop. He has all the tools but will he become a true 1 or a 6/7 tweener comes down to how he develops between the ears. Imo it's on him and the org he has all the tools can he develop a toolbox to fit them all.

beowulf

Not a nice guy.
Jan 29, 2005
Ottawa
I really hope with the Weber situation they don't fast track him to the NHL unless he shows that is totally ready. He didn't play much hockey last year so another year in the WHL, getting to go to the WJC would be great for him.

KevSkillz4

Apr 11, 2016
I really hope with the Weber situation they don't fast track him to the NHL unless he shows that is totally ready. He didn't play much hockey last year so another year in the WHL, getting to go to the WJC would be great for him.

I think with his style of play, he can be ready to play on 3rd pairing like Romanov. But i'd prefer at least one season at AHL.

japhi

Jul 7, 2014
If that would make Romanov the odd man out, I rather Guhle spend the extra time in juniors and let Romanov solidify his position in the blue line this coming year
Thats a good point

japhi

Jul 7, 2014

Most analysis I’ve seen has the Habs with a top 5-10 pool still. Cupboards are still stacked IMO.

dackelljuneaubulis02

Oct 13, 2012
Because the players graduated? Not sure how anyone can maintain a prospect pool when the prospects go pro so early.

it's always funny to me the way fans talk about our pool without relating it to the young kids who've made it recently.

it's like these kids all the sudden vanish lol. 'our prospect pool really took a hit with CC, Suzuki and Romanov graduating!' hahaha. Man if Poehling becomes a full time NHLer in our top 9 we're screwed!

Schwang

May 6, 2002
Kingston, Ont
Visit site
Agreed. I think it's great having all those guys in the NHL (Poehling probably will be this season) but the issue is trading one of them. Like I said, who's replacing them from the minors? All your good youth is already a key part of your lineup. We may see this year just how deep they are or aren't, depending on how the guys in Laval do. Then there's Guhle, Norlinder, Harris, Farrell, Hillis, etc.

Stive Morgan

Mhm. Mhm. Mhm.
Jul 25, 2011
British Columbia
I wish they'd change the junior rules, it's a hinderance in development in my opinion for players like Kaiden
I've been begging for them to raise the draft age to 19 and allow 1st round picks to go directly to the AHL forever now. There's still plenty of talent in rounds 2-7 for the CHL to market.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad