Prospect Info: Kaiden Guhle II

Status
Not open for further replies.

admiralcadillac

Oct 22, 2017
Could someone explain to me why we’re comparing Guhle with Tinordi?

If you’ve never looked at them play I guess you could say they have similar skating.

CheldishGamibno

Turtles & Refrigerators
Aug 19, 2006
Mute City

If you’ve never looked at them play I guess you could say they have similar skating.
Same reason people saying KK is a bust and we should've drafted Tkachuk after 5 pointless games in the Liiga; Because many people don't watch games and just check the stats. Don't take these thoughts seriously, Guhle is to Tinordi what Byron is to Anderson.

Estimated_Prophet

Mar 28, 2003
Same reason people saying KK is a bust and we should've drafted Tkachuk after 5 pointless games in the Liiga; Because many people don't watch games and just check the stats. Don't take these thoughts seriously, Guhle is to Tinordi what Byron is to Anderson.

While I agree with the first half of your post the 2nd half doesn't make any sense......at all.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012

Face-planting should never be a thing. :sarcasm:

Seriously, pretty sad what Tinordi had to go through as a big guy at a time when he was expected to fight and he just wasn't very capable at it.

Ghule should be valued on his own merits and in an era where fighting is no longer as prevalent as it once was, his skills will do the talking.

Dominator13

Feb 20, 2003
hockey city
Dominator13

I was just about to say, if you want to see the main difference between Tinordi and Guhle, just look at their skating stride. Guhle is miles ahead in overall balance and fluidity.

Where the similarities start (and end) imo, is projection. Back in 2011, we had hopes that Tinordi would become Subban's longterm, stay-at-home physical partner. Guhle to me seems like the prototypical, rare potential #2 defensman ( J-bow, Parayko, Vlasic, Nurse, etc), a great complimentary player that will fill the gaps, but won't be an offensive anchor. That's what seperates him to guys we've had in the past.. Komisarek, Gill and Tinordi come to mind. Still, I'm not counting on Guhle to one day be THE MAN, unless his development skyrockets like Shea Weber did in Kelowna after the 2003 draft.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012

« Ça te prend plusieurs styles de défenseurs dans une équipe. Et si tu veux gagner, ça te prend un Kaiden Guhle. C’est difficile d’en trouver un de ce style-là qui, en plus, est rapide. Un gros bonhomme qui frappe, qui joue bien défensivement et qui lit bien le jeu, souvent, ça vient avec une mobilité réduite. Ça devient un gars de deuxième et troisième paire parce que son coup de patin fait défaut. Kaiden Guhle a tous ces attributs. »
Tourigny aurait lui aussi repêché Guhle au 16e rang. Les yeux fermés. ..."

Major props from Team Canada Junior coach André Tourigny about Guhle.

Essentially, he's saying that a D like Guhle is a rare asset since not only does he have speed but has size and hits, plays well defensively and reads the play well. Usually, players with these attributes come with reduced mobility. Tourigny says that he would have also selected Guhle in the 16th spot, hands down.

Guhle looks like a shoo-in to make the team.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
23 lbs since the draft? that doesn't sound good, or someone didn't have the updated weights.

that said as long as it doesn't slow him down. I would think he'll be around Weber's 230 when he's in his prime years anyway.

Not since the draft. When he was drafted, he was already over 200 lbs, but his weight on most websites was from before last season. And since there was no combine, we didn't have updated info.

After the Habs selected him, Sam Cosentino said that when he and Brian Burke had a Zoom call with him leading up to the draft, he said that he was over 200 lbs. He used the time since the stoppage to work on getting bigger.

CapSpace

Caufield is lit
Nov 25, 2013
Near Montreal
23 lbs since the draft? that doesn't sound good, or someone didn't have the updated weights.

that said as long as it doesn't slow him down. I would think he'll be around Weber's 230 when he's in his prime years anyway.

The next man mountain is gonna be Owen Power.

Habs

We should have drafted Michkov
Feb 28, 2002

I think his draft weight was incorrect. I saw him a few times outside the rink, he certainly looked well north of 183. Kid is not small for sure.

Reactions: montreal

Roadhouse

Bring me back to 2006...
Dec 12, 2016
Prescott & Russell
The RDS camp recap for today says Guhle was seen in pain talking to a sports doc/attendant, but finished practice nonetheless.

Hopefully not nursing an injury going into this.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast

Guhle is at 6'3" and 209 lbs now.

I believe there was talk about Guhle being heavier on draft day if I remember correctly. What a beast at the age of 18! He's one of those types that is solid in his own end already and if he can add some offense here and there, he's going to be a big time player for us. Some sort of mix between Emelin and Weber?

Is Kevin Bahl a good comparison?

Reactions: Sterling Archer
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad