Post-Game Talk: Kahuna Matata

yukoner88

Dec 16, 2009
Dawson City, YT
Well, Kahun got to be McDavid today. Also Nurse, Pulju was somebody else, and Draisaitl was Nuge at least twice. According to Michaels.

I mean its bad enough when he gets players wrong. But how does he not even the D pairs. Several times today he makes mistakes. Larsson passes to Bear...ummmm, no....

His play by play is so spectacularly bad. On radio I guess he gets away with some of it.

I didn't get to watch so i had no idea.
Was Jack slurring his words like he does on radio at times?

Behind Enemy Lines

Feb 19, 2003
Vancouver
I'd honestly pay him more than Tippett to stay in Bakersfield.

Whelp!

I can see the Oil bumping up his salary to keep him in this vital development role at a critical time for this organization's growth. But Tippett lettuce ... don't see that happening good sir. But I think this org knows and like that they have and there could be a solid transition plan in mind for both Holland (Gretzky) and Tippett (Woodcroft). But if opportunity comes knocking ya just gotta move aside and wish him the best.

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
U2 would be so much easier to digest if they sailed off into the sunset after Joshua Tree, only returning to make that song for Batman in the mid 90s, then go away again and to be never heard from ever again.

yeah, whatever happened. Fame I guess. Joshua Tree was the last one. Rattle and Hum pretty over the top and got worse from there. Still a decent enough act if people haven't seen a lot of shows but Bono is so Frank Sinatra right now. Not saying that in a good way.

U2 Its the kind of band that I'm embarrassed, retroactively, to say I listened to...there was some music in the 80's that was like that..

They sure didn't age well..

Last edited:
Reactions: yukoner88

Spawn

Something in the water
Feb 20, 2006
Edmonton
Barrie will finish the season with the most points by defensemen.

Still a slight outside chance Makar could catch him. 5 points back, two games to play. Unlikely, but he did have back to back 2 point nights over the weekend and is over a PPG on the season.

Pretty much means he's a lock to get 7+ mill in the summer. Which pretty much means buh bye and thanks for the year Tyson.

With the exception of maybe Seattle if they were aiming to make a splash, what team is giving Barrie 7+ million this summer?

I think this season has convinced teams he still is elite offensively. I don't think it's done anything to convince teams he's a #1 d-man. A $7M+ deal would make him a top ~15 paid d-man in the league. I'm not sure many teams will be ready to do that.

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
Whelp!

I can see the Oil bumping up his salary to keep him in this vital development role at a critical time for this organization's growth. But Tippett lettuce ... don't see that happening good sir. But I think this org knows and like that they have and there could be a solid transition plan in mind for both Holland (Gretzky) and Tippett (Woodcroft). But if opportunity comes knocking ya just gotta move aside and wish him the best.

Gotta pay to keep good talent in the system. :)

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
Still a slight outside chance Makar could catch him. 5 points back, two games to play. Unlikely, but he did have back to back 2 point nights over the weekend and is over a PPG on the season.

With the exception of maybe Seattle if they were aiming to make a splash, what team is giving Barrie 7+ million this summer?

I think this season has convinced teams he still is elite offensively. I don't think it's done anything to convince teams he's a #1 d-man.

I think Seattle offers RNH 7 million.

Del Preston

Mar 8, 2013
I did not see that. Thanks. They should rest him. :sarcasm:

brentashton

Jan 21, 2018
yeah, whatever happened. Fame I guess. Joshua Tree was the last one. Rattle and Hum pretty over the top and got worse from there. Still a decent enough act if people haven't seen a lot of shows but Bono is so Frank Sinatra right now. Not saying that in a good way.

U2 Its the kind of band that I'm embarrassed, retroactively, to say I listened to...there was some music in the 80's that was like that..
War and Boy are two albums that I have many of their songs on my playlist. After that. A smattering of songs.

Spawn

Something in the water
Feb 20, 2006
Edmonton
I did not see that. Thanks. They should rest him. :sarcasm:
Haha that would be nice. But they're actually still playing for something right now so I think it's unlikely. They could finish as high as 1st in the division or as low as 3rd depending how these last few games shake out for Vegas, Colorado and Minnesota.

Reactions: Del Preston

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
War and Boy are two albums that I have many of their songs on my playlist. After that. A smattering of songs.

Started out good, no doubt. Thats what got them all their initial support. Then became something different..In the 80's it was harder to spot wankers and posers. They were all over and U2 looked normal in that environment. hehe

Back to hockey. I guess it was a nondescript game. probably anybody working watching it now, maybe comment later, but sure not many comments on this game, even though I liked it for having some entertainment. Caufield sure looks like he has some scoring touch. Making some nice plays out there.

When Smith got hurt I'm like "why are you playing"?

just so people don't have panic attack Smith is OK. But that looked not good initially.

Reactions: brentashton

yukoner88

Dec 16, 2009
Dawson City, YT

That's what I mean, in the 80s they wrote some pretty good music, and while the social stuff was there and the undertones were obvious, the band wasn't over exposed yet. So if they just went away, the cringe factor wouldn't be so much, they'd be remembered mainly as a solid 80s rock band. The 90s came and they started to fade a bit and then bam, that nonsense in the early 2000s......

South Park nailed it when they did an episode

And I'll give credit where it's due again, that song they did for Batman Forever is one of my favorite songs from the 90s

Reactions: Drivesaitl

brentashton

Jan 21, 2018
I think Seattle offers RNH 7 million.
upload_2021-5-12_19-19-27.jpeg

TB12

Apr 5, 2015
The hate for Barrie is so disgusting with Oiler fans (not the boys on here).
This myth that we have a “knowledgeable fan base” doesn’t extend to so so many people. Twitter is 100% living proof of this.

Captain Fantastic

Connor McMastadon
Feb 24, 2012
YEG

They sure didn't age well..
I find most 70s rock have aged really well. A lot of 80s music, especially the synth period have not . Oingo Boingo..crap like that .:laugh:. Very early 80s New Wave was good though (Blondie, Devo, Kraftwerk). Really enjoy the raw sound of the late 60's and 70's now. Discovered a lot of great music in recent years. Black Sabbath, early Scorpions, Thin Lizzy, UFO, Iggy Pop and of course Pink Floyd, Miles Davis jazz fusion period. Can't resist commenting on music. even in a hockey forum. :naughty::thumbu:

McShogun99

Aug 30, 2009
Edmonton
Next game put PRussell with Mcdavid and McLeod with Draisaitl while giving them 1st PP time also. Play Bouchard, Lagesson and Stalock.

Oilers in NS

Oct 11, 2017
Leafs got everyone tonight and they are losing 3-1. Ottawa is a handful for teams now. They had not have lost every game against us and don’t have that shitty start of season, they are firmly in playoff spot. Good team coming there

Reactions: McDoused

Paralyzer008

Jan 30, 2008
Nice win but why did Drai play 20 minutes?

Sit McDavid and Draisaitl on Saturday, please. MTL was hacking away, Vancouver is going to do the same.

Oilers in NS

Oct 11, 2017
I find most 70s rock have aged really well. A lot of 80s music, especially the synth period have not . Oingo Boingo..crap like that .:laugh:. Very early 80s New Wave was good though (Blondie, Devo, Kraftwerk). Really enjoy the raw sound of the late 60's and 70's now. Discovered a lot of great music in recent years. Black Sabbath, early Scorpions, Thin Lizzy, UFO, Iggy Pop and of course Pink Floyd, Miles Davis jazz fusion period. Can't resist commenting on music. even in a hockey forum. :naughty::thumbu:

I have Sirius Radio in truck. Listen to Underground Garage a lot. Arthur Conley, Jackie Wilson, Otis Redding, Sam Cooke, etc. Man those guys could sing. Those singers from that era, lots of Bands like the Stones really looked up to them

brentashton

Jan 21, 2018
Me too. Music is very important to me. Pretty big fan of 1970s rock. Was in High school for the late 70s s and early 80’s. Mid 80’s was university days. Music creates and bring back so many memories. Was lucky that my folks were into rock music, learned about late 60s and early 70s from listening to their music on the radio in the car on this 7 hour road trips to visit grandparents. I think we should create a “what are you listening to” thread for all things music.

Captain Fantastic

Connor McMastadon
Feb 24, 2012
YEG
Me too. Music is very important to me. Pretty big fan of 1970s rock. Was in High school for the late 70s s and early 80’s. Mid 80’s was university days. Music creates and bring back so many memories. Was lucky that my folks were into rock music, learned about late 60s and early 70s from listening to their music on the radio in the car on this 7 hour road trips to visit grandparents. I think we should create a “what are you listening to” thread for all things music.
I think there's still a Music Sharing thread somewhere. Unfortunately, not the music sharing I'd like. Napster is more to my liking.;)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad