Post-Game Talk: Kahuna Matata

Oilers in NS

Oct 11, 2017
Me too. Music is very important to me. Pretty big fan of 1970s rock. Was in High school for the late 70s s and early 80’s. Mid 80’s was university days. Music creates and bring back so many memories. Was lucky that my folks were into rock music, learned about late 60s and early 70s from listening to their music on the radio in the car on this 7 hour road trips to visit grandparents. I think we should create a “what are you listening to” thread for all things music.

U guys growing up in Alberta, u must have seen The Stampeders a few times. I seen them around these parts a few times. They were unreal to see. Great sound and good music to listen . Big Dave Wilcox fan as well and Minglewood

brentashton

Jan 21, 2018
U guys growing up in Alberta, u must have seen The Stampeders a few times. I seen them around these parts a few times. They were unreal to see. Great sound and good music to listen . Big Dave Wilcox fan as well and Minglewood
Lol, I saw the stampeders in 1977, my first ever concert at the Lloydminster Civic Centre. And I just saw them in 2018 again at Kelowna’s Rock the Lake 3 day music festival. It was like full circle for me they are still tight and Ronnie King was still crazy as ever . I have a list of concerts and venues that I’ve seen in my life, 89 different bands, most of the major acts of the 70s and 80s, and many that I’ve seen multiple times that counts up to 136 separate events. The ultimate, was the Classic East event at Mets Stadium in NYC 2016 - I saw the Eagles, Fleetwood Mac, Journey (i be seen them with Steve Perry too.), Earth Wind and Fires, Doobie Bros, Steely Dan. The weirdest event ever was Bob Dylan in Lloydminster at the exhibition grounds in 2012. I still dont know what he was thinking in arranging that tour. It was a bad show.

Oilers in NS

Oct 11, 2017
EEACE34B-46E7-4425-9B7B-9AA83BB67124.jpeg
Lol, I saw the stampeders in 1977, my first ever concert at the Lloydminster Civic Centre. And I just saw them in 2018 again at Kelowna’s Rock the Lake 3 day music festival. It was like full circle for me they are still tight and Ronnie King was still crazy as ever . I have a list of concerts and venues that I’ve seen in my life, 89 different bands, most of the major acts of the 70s and 80s, and many that I’ve seen multiple times that counts up to 136 separate events. The ultimate, was the Classic East event at Mets Stadium in NYC 2016 - I saw the Eagles, Fleetwood Mac, Journey (i be seen them with Steve Perry too.), Earth Wind and Fires, Doobie Bros, Steely Dan. The weirdest event ever was Bob Dylan in Lloydminster at the exhibition grounds in 2012. I still dont know what he was thinking in arranging that tour. It was a bad show.

thats a great venue. All those bands u mentioned are unreal. I have a really good DVD of Michael MaDonald, Donald Fagen, Boz Skaggs. It’s great

We did a big 4 day rock fest in Sheduac New Brunswick back in 99. There was an all star band of Benjamin Orr, Liberty Divedo, fella from Ted Nugent and another fella from 38 Special. They were unreal. There was 50000 at a racetrack setup. Lots of everything going around

Reactions: brentashton

brentashton

Jan 21, 2018
View attachment 433336

thats a great venue. All those bands u mentioned are unreal. I have a really good DVD of Michael MaDonald, Donald Fagen, Boz Skaggs. It’s great

We did a big 4 day rock fest in Sheduac New Brunswick back in 99. There was an all star band of Benjamin Orr, Liberty Divedo, fella from Ted Nugent and another fella from 38 Special. They were unreal. There was 50000 at a racetrack setup. Lots of everything going around
Always regret not seeing Benjamin Orr and the Cars.

MaxR11

Mar 28, 2017
Agree to disagree, lots of bad turnovers, holding the puck to long . especially along the boards, only to lose it when he had a pass outlet..etc..he is a beast though yes, but not perfect... All great players get smotherd on the ice and dont trurn it over like that.

Drai's making some good elite offensive plays and sniping well off Connor's feeds but recently he's had a lot of games and stretches where he's simply not moving his feet and getting lazy on the back check and general defensive effort or battle level. Definitely not playing as well as he was earlier in the season. Lots of turnovers because he simply won't move his feet and making hope/forced passes. Getting knocked over quite a bit too in the last few weeks. He's been looking gassed more often than not in the last few weeks.

You can see Montreal (especially last game and games before) know how to play Drai and even connor and the oil. Pressure the puck carrier hard (and they have the speed and size to keep up with and out battle Drai) and the other 3 or 4 guys are reading well where Drai etc want to pass the puck and are easily intercepting or knocking the puck away. You can see we do better when we play tighter as a five man unit and make more shorter support passes rather than always trying to fling a forced pass cross ice.

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
For a guy getting paid less than what Rieder got paid, Kahun sure gets a bad rap around here at times. Dude has been pretty good all season. Good wheels, decent shot, decent playmaking, his motor has been much improved especially lately. Hope we bring him back.

Smartguy

May 3, 2010
Edmonton
Normal for those cry babies, did they call 911:laugh:
Maybe it’s the North division this year but holy, Habs fans rival leaf fans for being absolutely insane when it comes to their team. I always had more respect for that fanbase till this season.

Da McBomb

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 9, 2004
McDavid really hugged Barrie hard after that win lol. You can tell how happy the Captain was for Barrie getting that OT point and taking the league lead in points by dmen

Reactions: Del Preston

bellagiobob

Jul 27, 2006

That's awesome. If anyone is interested in the history of the first big concert at Commonwealth Stadium in 1979, here is an interesting read into how Rock Cirkus came together. It was a fun afternoon.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=2ahUKEwjas7qZ4MXwAhVOnp4KHb5mAIkQFjABegQIAxAD&url=https://caml.journals.yorku.ca/index.php/caml/article/download/40294/36467&usg=AOvVaw2VVAO5yEnGhaJEbpNN0YN5

upload_2021-5-12_21-52-39.jpeg

BlackDogg

perpetuum defectum
Oct 3, 2015
Maybe it’s the North division this year but holy, Habs fans rival leaf fans for being absolutely insane when it comes to their team. I always had more respect for that fanbase till this season.
I made the mistake of.claiming that price got sniped by a drai shot. They seem to think it was something more sinister

Burnoutboi

Jul 3, 2006
Grande Prairie, Alberta

I saw Tommy Hunter with my grandparents in the Lloydminster CC. I've spent many a summers as child up to mid twenties hanging out with family around there. The last few times I went it seemed to have grown a fair size.

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
I find most 70s rock have aged really well. A lot of 80s music, especially the synth period have not . Oingo Boingo..crap like that .:laugh:. Very early 80s New Wave was good though (Blondie, Devo, Kraftwerk). Really enjoy the raw sound of the late 60's and 70's now. Discovered a lot of great music in recent years. Black Sabbath, early Scorpions, Thin Lizzy, UFO, Iggy Pop and of course Pink Floyd, Miles Davis jazz fusion period. Can't resist commenting on music. even in a hockey forum. :naughty::thumbu:

I'll sneak this one in here but you can't tell anybody... ;)

Consider it a special treat for the Team Germany OT W today...hehe

Reactions: Captain Fantastic

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
That's awesome. If anyone is interested in the history of the first big concert at Commonwealth Stadium in 1979, here is an interesting read into how Rock Cirkus came together. It was a fun afternoon.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=2ahUKEwjas7qZ4MXwAhVOnp4KHb5mAIkQFjABegQIAxAD&url=https://caml.journals.yorku.ca/index.php/caml/article/download/40294/36467&usg=AOvVaw2VVAO5yEnGhaJEbpNN0YN5

View attachment 433384

never went to that show. I did go to two other Rock Circus promotions at Commonwealth.

One was with Heart, Blue Oyster Cult, Ted Nugent, Loverboy, The Rockets.

The other was Foreigner, Ian Hunter band with Mick Ronson, Prism, Warren Zevon. Spectacular show except raining towards the end. Those were all interesting acts. Chuck Berry was supposed to play but arrived late, and out of it..

Reactions: bellagiobob

McTonyBrar

Apr 2, 2018
This myth that we have a “knowledgeable fan base” doesn’t extend to so so many people. Twitter is 100% living proof of this.

It's more of a biased fanbase that will hate some players no matter how they perform and will love some players no matter how they perform

McTonyBrar

Apr 2, 2018
McDavid really hugged Barrie hard after that win lol. You can tell how happy the Captain was for Barrie getting that OT point and taking the league lead in points by dmen

Actually, any Dman can do what Barrie has done according to some Oiler fans :sarcasm:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad