Post-Game Talk: Kahuna Matata

Drai Fi

Sep 17, 2019
Do you like Phil Collins? I’ve been a big Genesis fan ever since the release of their 1980 album, Duke. Before that, I really didn’t understand any of their work. Too artsy, too intellectual. It was on Duke where Phil Collins’ presence became more apparent. I think Invisible Touch was the group’s undisputed masterpiece. It’s an epic meditation on intangibility. At the same time, it deepens and enriches the meaning of the preceding three albums.

;)
I’m more of a Huey Lewis guy myself. I tried showing their work to my friend Paul, but he wasn’t a fan. When he gets back from his… trip in London, hopefully he’ll be a bit more…. open minded.

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
Interesting - why New York? I really like Woodcroft and think his stock is rising. The Rangers gig with the impatience shown by their owner to accelerate a rebuild doesn't seem like a fit for a quality, but unknown rookie coach.
I'm worried about any NHL head coaching vacancy and Woodcroft tbh.

Captain Fantastic

Connor McMastadon
Feb 24, 2012
YEG
Do you like Phil Collins? I’ve been a big Genesis fan ever since the release of their 1980 album, Duke. Before that, I really didn’t understand any of their work. Too artsy, too intellectual. It was on Duke where Phil Collins’ presence became more apparent. I think Invisible Touch was the group’s undisputed masterpiece. It’s an epic meditation on intangibility. At the same time, it deepens and enriches the meaning of the preceding three albums.

;)
Best concert I've ever been to is Genesis at Commonwealth in 91. The irony is Phil Collins solo was the most boring I've ever been to. To keep things on topic. Don't want to see Turris in the line-up again. Ennis..I have time for.

Oilhawks

Oden's Ride Over Nordland
Nov 24, 2011
What a sexy finish.

Absolute beauty goal. Breakaway without time, fakes shot, takes it back, changes angle, tucks it home.

Didn't look at the GDT at all but I imagine there were 100 posts about WTF is Kahun doing on 3 on 3.

Well the serving of STFU is right here.

Absolutely, and Leon taking the hit to make that pass was *chefs kiss* as well (something that Drai does a lot!)

I would be shocked if Kahun isn’t back here next year given his stronger game the last 2/3 of the season

Messrules11

6 Cups, elbows up.
Nov 23, 2018
This is disengenuous, people in the GDt thread just casually mentioned drai was not have a good game, especially early, whats the issue? No one was legitimately shitting on Drai overall. you guys sure are sensitive. Being second in the league in scoring doesn't mean no mistakes or beyond criticism.
Understood and absolutely fair. It’s also why I didn’t directly quote you, it was meant as a broader statement. We won and Draisaitl had a big hand in it.

Messrules11

6 Cups, elbows up.
Nov 23, 2018
I don't get it, and no knock on the poster. Its just common sport here as you know.

I mean I've said it before. I wouldn't say gee Jimmy Page, couldn't you lay down better guitar Solos on that Led Zep album

I don't comprehend critiquing great art.

leave it for Leafs fans to say Draisaitl "ain't all that much" lolol
Jimmy is my all time favourite. Left handed Jimi is real close though

Behind Enemy Lines

Feb 19, 2003
Vancouver
I'm worried about any NHL head coaching vacancy and Woodcroft tbh.

I like Woodcroft a lot too. Think he's likely 2 years from being a top coaching prospect. There's some really good young NHL assistants like Lane Lambert, Rocky Thompson and Todd Nelson who could get looks. I hope the Oil can maintain continuity with Woodcroft and Manson for a couple of years. But if opportunity comes knocking ... ahem Seattle for example which doesn't necessarily have immediate pressure to win (Vegas miracle aside), then have to let go and wish him the best.

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
I like Woodcroft a lot too. Think he's likely 2 years from being a top coaching prospect. There's some really good young NHL assistants like Lane Lambert, Rocky Thompson and Todd Nelson who could get looks. I hope the Oil can maintain continuity with Woodcroft and Manson for a couple of years. But if opportunity comes knocking ... ahem Seattle for example which doesn't necessarily have immediate pressure to win (Vegas miracle aside), then have to let go and wish him the best.
I'd honestly pay him more than Tippett to stay in Bakersfield.

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
Best concert I've ever been to is Genesis at Commonwealth in 91. The irony is Phil Collins solo was the most boring I've ever been to. To keep things on topic. Don't want to see Turris in the line-up again. Ennis..I have time for.

We went to that Commonwealth show. I like Genesis, but Pink Floyd, Stones, David Bowie, Metallica, all better shows, jmo. Been to all of them. I like outdoor concerts, prefer them.

David Bowie Serious moonlight with Peter Gabriel backing band probably the best concert I ever went to, well, other than Pink Floyd who rewrote the book on stadium shows.

U2 on the other hand, just seem cheesy in concert. Probably all the time..

brentashton

Jan 21, 2018
Off topic too, but Genesis is heading out on tour this year. Geezers unite!

Reactions: Captain Fantastic

yukoner88

Dec 16, 2009
Dawson City, YT
We went to that Commonwealth show. I like Genesis, but Pink Floyd, Stones, David Bowie, Metallica, all better shows, jmo. Been to all of them. I like outdoor concerts, prefer them.

David Bowie Serious moonlight with Peter Gabriel backing band probably the best concert I ever went to, well, other than Pink Floyd who rewrote the book on stadium shows.

U2 on the other hand, just seem cheesy in concert. Probably all the time..

U2 would be so much easier to digest if they sailed off into the sunset after Joshua Tree, only returning to make that song for Batman in the mid 90s, then go away again and to be never heard from ever again.

Reactions: Drivesaitl

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
Everyone looks like McDavid according to Kevin Quinn lol

Well, Kahun got to be McDavid today. Also Nurse, Pulju was somebody else, and Draisaitl was Nuge at least twice. According to Michaels.

I mean its bad enough when he gets players wrong. But how does he not even know the D pairs. Several times today he makes mistakes. Larsson passes to Bear...ummmm, no....

His play by play is so spectacularly bad. On radio I guess he gets away with some of it.

Last edited:
Reactions: Biltmore

yukoner88

Dec 16, 2009
Dawson City, YT
No, and hopefully it stays that way.

The only 2 teams I'd be worried about is Arizona. More so Arizona though, as they are more likely to go bargain bin shipping rather than looking to pay a big ticket name to come in.

Buffalo will want an experienced coach with a reputation ala Tortorella/Gallant

Reactions: Cloned

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad